• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 heavily teased at PAX

Grimløck;148896257 said:
no cross-gen pls.

1152.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yeahhhhhh. I loved the hell out of BL2. I was hoping Destiny would scratch a similar itch, but it didn't quite measure up.

RoKKeR

Guessing now that it will be caled something other than Borderlands 3, otherwise interested to see what's what.

Leflus

Too late since they've already introduced Raid lockouts in BL2.
True. No additional MMO elements then.

I appreciated the fact that I could play pretty much all of the content in BL2 in single player mode without having to connect to the Internet. I hope BL3 is similar to BL2 in that regard.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Grimløck;148896257 said:
no cross-gen pls.
Supporting older consoles is cool cause it makes games available to hundreds of thousands extra people. That's worth the drop in graphics to me. Accessibility over visuals in my book, to a reasonable extent.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Grimløck;148896257 said:
no cross-gen pls.

The original interviews surround The Pre-Sequel kind of imply that it was made so that Borderlands 3 itself wouldn't have to be cross-gen.

Supporting older consoles is cool cause it makes games available to hundreds of thousands extra people. That's worth the drop in graphics to me. Accessibility over visuals in my book, to a reasonable extent.

graphics arent the only thing a 2005 processor and 512mb of ram limits

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking finally. I need to know when this is coming so I finally have something to look forward to.

No crossgen gen also has my support. Please no, be ambitious instead.

As well, hopefully it's not MMO-ified with borderworlds or whatever and stays more of a cooperative game experience at heart (god please no mass trading, markets, F2p, ect). Also hoping the game itself is a significant upgrade like 1->2 was and they don't play it safe by keeping everything very similar to 2. Would also love a new take on loot systems including how you obtain gold+ guns.

Wouldn't mind a gun customizer so that if I want the stability grip attachment or particular scope, I can just have it. It's not like that's breaking the game and they can make it stupidly expensive to do it like how you could customize cars in GTA:SA. The stats can still be random otherwise in more key areas like fire rate and damage anyways and they can always change up how stats are derived as well.

Gimme

I'm looking forward to Borderlands 3, not a middling Pre-Sequel (with unnatural difficulty jumps due to strange enemy levelling) from another dev.

Graphics aren't the only thing 10 year old hardware limits...

Size of the world, enemy AI, level design, environment design, etc are just some of the number of things having to develop for cross-generational platforms creates a problem for. No more cross-gen games please. Time to progress and move forward.

I think them allowing Pre Sequel to exist was a big misstep. I cant help but wonder if that burned some of the userbase out on the franchise.

THAT SAID if this is like 2 - 3 years away then maybe the sour taste will be washed out by then.

GamerSoul

I hope they really take the time to make this game special. They are going to have when a little harder to get me to buy another bl game day one.

If they make another Borderlands to Borderlands 2 style jump, with all the benefits of the new hardware, I'll be super happy.

And it needs to be playable offline with four players. I probably wouldn't use that feature too much, but it's like a staple of the Borderlands series.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder who will the developer will be.

If they make another Borderlands to Borderlands 2 style jump, with all the benefits of the new hardware, I'll be super happy.

And it needs to be playable offline with four players. I probably wouldn't use that feature too much, but it's like a staple of the Borderlands series.
Instapurchase if so.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Here's to hoping they stick with linear scaling instead of exponential.

Curious, did anyone bother to ask why BL1 is missing from the upcoming collection?

Haha, you know, that is a good question I was thinking myself. Unfortunately, I was 17 mins late so im not sure if they mentioned that or if they talked about aliens colonial marines.

Top Bottom