• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 file size is 50GB minimum on PS4/XBO

Get yo harddrives ready.

8v004YX.jpg

8ugQyRr.png

The Witcher 3 will require around 50GB of install space on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, its developer has confirmed to GameSpot.

CDProjekt RED, the Warsaw based studio currently finishing work on the highly anticipated action-RPG, could not provide exact details on install sizes at this juncture. But, following a purportedly leaked PSN listing, the studio has confirmed that 50GB is the ballpark figure.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-dev-confirms-install-size-is-50gb-on-ps4/1100-6425046/

my internet is ready.

i would have went disc if this was ps3 because lord knows how long it takes to download and install lol

LogN

I always found it interesting that both systems have such close install sizes. I say this, because every time a major AAA title comes out, we get the head to head and hear that one is lacking effects, resolution or bells and whistles of the other. Are games this generation closer to PC in that the the developers simply load everything onto the disc and disable those more power graphical options, leaving the core game intact?

I wonder if we'll ever find out about that, or someone figures out how to access said menu if it is it there :)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Does this game have lots of pre-rendered cutscenes, or is it all just assets?
Considering that Geralt is highly customizable I doubt that it has a ton of pre-rendered scenes, Witcher games rarely have those. I'm gonna have to delete some stuff just to play this.

Licking my lips at the next gen sex scenes. You'd better hide your tomboys because Geralt of Rivia is on the prowl.

It's all assets, if you know what I mean.
Is Ves confirmed to be in this?

Philippo

No problem, i only play one game at time, and delete install files of all the previous ones, so i always have space.

Its a single player game so getting this on disc won't be a problem. Fast re-install if I ever need to delete the game off my hard drive.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I always found it interesting that both systems have such close install sizes. I say this, because every time a major AAA title comes out, we get the head to head and hear that one is lacking effects, resolution or bells and whistles of the other. Are games this generation closer to PC in that the the developers simply load everything onto the disc and disable those more power graphical options, leaving the core game intact?

I wonder if we'll ever find out about that, or someone figures out how to access said menu if it is it there :)
Resolution has zero effect on file size and may effects are just toggled on and off in engine so those won't have much of an impact either.

McDougles

"[The Witcher 3] will also render at 1080p on PlayStation 4 (and at a visually similar 900p on Xbox One)."

Lol GameSpot.

LX_Theo

Banned
lol, wow. Really? Either the game is big on an extremely unprecedented size (very unlikely) or they really need a better way of managing their data for the game.

Never played a Witcher game before, but am somewhat interested in this. I just upgraded to a 2TB drive yesterday, so I'm ready if necessary.

Top Bottom