• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube interview w/ Naughty Dog Lead Character Artits Frank Tzeng (Uncharted 4 etc.)

-SD-

Banned
http://3d.cgmasteracademy.com/interviews/interview-with-the-masters-with-frank-tzeng.html

Frank has been a Lead Character Artist for almost a year at Naughty Dog. His work includes Uncharted 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Puppeteers and an upcoming unannounced AAA game title. His work has been featured on Kotaku, Pixologic and has been a CGHub Editor's pick and Gold award winner. He is a part of CGMA's Advisory Board.

Site featured in the interview: https://www.artstation.com/artist/frank_tzeng

Also, U4's Shading Artist: https://www.artstation.com/artist/yibingjiang

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
He worked on Puppeeter? The game has fantastic art, it is amazing.

BTW, artits? Freudian slip or something? hahaha

nib95

Banned
Damn.

new_close_up_with_hair_without_mask.jpg

I wonder what we will get at e3.

tbh, I wouldn't even mind if they gave us the exact same demo, but with updated graphics. that alone should spur the excitement.

Jigolo

frank-tzeng-hand-wrinkle-maps-details.jpg

ND's detail on everything is insane. I've never seen a game go into this much detail in muscle.

Every single one of those screens in the artist's page has been out for months.

okay but the actual demo to me did not look nearly as good as the teaser. So I'm under the impression that whatever we saw there was pre alpha footage and everything when said and done will look much closer to the teaser.

okay but the actual demo to me did not look nearly as good as the teaser. So I'm under the impression that whatever we saw there was pre alpha footage and everything when said and done will look much closer to the teaser.

Because the shots are most likely realtime cutscenes. And unless they say "screw 60fps" and abandon that completely, no it won't.

Because the shots are most likely realtime cutscenes. And unless they say "screw 60fps" and abandon that completely, no it won't.

I thought cutscenes in realtime meant the in-game character models (and everything else in-game for that matter) would look as good as they do in the cutscenes

They may use the same model (LOD0), but I'm pretty sure the cutscenes will use better shaders.

we'll see. they're seamless transitions now instead of cutting to black so i'm inclined to believe the in-game cutscenes will be just as good as the gameplay.

in previous uncharted games, everything in the gameplay looked just as good as the prerendered cutscenes minus the character models - they visibly had more detail on the faces but everything else was spot on.

Loxley

frank-tzeng-hand-wrinkle-maps-details.jpg

ND's detail on everything is insane. I've never seen a game go into this much detail in muscle.

This is super impressive to me. Muscles flexing, veins popping, skin wrinkling. This is the stuff I have always wanted to see.

Damn that detail. I can't wait.
Insane what they did with the muscles

EA's UFC game for the current consoles had a similarly ridiculous amount of detail put into the skin and underlying musculature. It's ridiculous what can be done in real time now.

Top Bottom