• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

banner4ks59.png

wave1divider1ws73.png

FMAewnS.png

wave2dividerbjs7l.png

fEu4HUy.png

wave3dividermdsbw.png

wave3lineuprqsvl.png

wave4dividereaj4k.png

wave4lineupycjto.png

smldividery5je7.png

smwave10qj9d.png

Commonly Asked Questions

Q:Do the Super Mario Line of amiibos have the same compatibility as the Smash Bros amiibos for characters in both series?
A:Yes. So a Luigi Super Smash Bros Amiibo will be compatible with anything the Super Mario Luigi is compatible with and vice versa.

Q:Are Amiibo Region Free?
A:Yes, aside from different packaging all amiibo figures thus far will work in any region.

Q:Can I use my amiibo without opening the packaging?
A:Sadly you can not due to a piece of metal which blocks the NFC. However it is possible to cut the bottom of the packaging and then use your figure.
Which is the best option for collectors who do not want to buy multiple. Since the cut will not be seen depending on how your display is.

Q:Why is it so hard to find the one I want and how can I still get it?
A:As of this writing Amiibos are a hot item. For both collectors and scalpers. Thus finding amiibos you really want out in the wild can be quite the hunt. It is highly recommended that you pre-order from your preferred retailer ASAP. If the figure you want is already out and you are having trouble finding it you can either import (amazon.de, nippon-yasan.com, amazon.fr, & play-asia.com are popular choices), repeatedly keep check on that specific amiibos web store page (Since restocks do happen), or even trade/buy from other Gaffers here in this thread.

Q:What exactly is Read/Write vs Read Only?
A:Read/Write means that the game does just that. Read the figure as well as writes data to it. Amiibos can only support one game that does this which is currently only SSB. Read Only means that the game just wants to read the amiibo figures data so that it can give you the corresponding unlock. Read Only games WILL NOT affect any data from a Read/Write feature.

Q:Are certain Amiibo figures exclusive?
A:Right now Rosalina (Target), Shulk (Gamestop), Lucario (ToysRUs), and Meta Knight (Best Buy) are the only exclusive figures. Exclusivity deals for these retailers only affects NA.

Q:What will happen to discontinued amiibo figures?
A:While nothing official has been given, Miyamoto has said the use of cards with the same functionality as that amiibo could be offered in the future.

Q:Is there a official compatibility chart?
A:The Nintendo of America Compatibility chart is currently the best on offer from a official source. http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility/

Q:Where is the 3DS Amiibo Adapter
A:The release of the peripheral is currently unknown.

Q:Is "X" amiibo rare?
A:Due to limited supply amiibos in general should be considered scarce. So if you want one the sooner the better. However the general rule so far is that the bigger the name/franchise the more common they are. So Mario character's are going to be easier to find especially in the long term compared to someone like Little Mac.

Q:What is the best way to check overall availability?
A:The lovely Salvapot has currently has the best spreadsheet with great information on this. It's a absolutely great resource to use. https://docs.google.com/a/harnettst...fBotji-C2IVnumpNTk2pitxGU/edit#gid=1468274874
Or you can use the magnificent Brian★s spread sheet as well https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xo66GjTVIG3-tx30izodKd_FHTQZ-lG_YGKP5H2RjGE/edit#gid=0

Q:is there a list of AmiiboGAF members I can add to online services such as steam,PSN,XBL,3DS, and WiiU?
A:there is but you'll need to quote this post to see it.

Q:Do you have they new amiibo?
A:
image6rfnj.jpg

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Put an X through everyone in Wave 3 except Bowser and Toon Link. Yes, even Meta Knight preemptively.

hydruxo

I haven't really kept up with amiibos at all, is the Diddy Kong one hard to find or would I be able to still get it?

Spades

I'm not looking forward to driving around on Friday attempting to find Meta Knight and Shulk somewhere in the UK...

JonnyKong

I may cancel my Ness preorder.

I was going to cancel mine on the Nintendo UK store, but I can't cos he's part of a bundle with three others, and the stupid website doesn't let you cancel individual items. I don't want to cancel the whole bundle cos I'll never find Pac again to pre order.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*waits patiently for Shulk to hopefully arrive today & news on GameStop getting Sonic & Mega Man*

This week is important for europeans. Wave 3.5 release this friday, but wouldnt surprise me if is possible to find some of them starting tomorrow.

I suppose this has been posted?

Whay I dont understand then is this:
Most popular:

USA = Marth
JAPAN = Captain Falcon
EUROPE = Little Mac
AUSTRALIA = Ike

Most poupular but not even in the top 10.
Does that really show the shitty distribution Nintendo has done?

SteveTR

Most popular:

USA = Marth
JAPAN = Captain Falcon
EUROPE = Little Mac
AUSTRALIA = Ike

I find the fact that Link isn't first in Australia to be amusing.

Kyonashi

This week is important for europeans. Wave 3.5 release this friday, but wouldnt surprise me if is possible to find some of them starting tomorrow.

Most popular:

USA = Marth
JAPAN = Captain Falcon
EUROPE = Little Mac
AUSTRALIA = Ike

What exactly is that?

oti

Banned
I got my cousin Donkey Kong for Christmas last year. He's lost him and does not care enough to look for him. But he plays with his Skylanders every day.

:(

Yrael

Well here I am, posting in the new thread.

I've felt my enthusiasm for these wane a lot lately. That'll probably change again with the release of the next wave though.

lionpants

Anyone have a NIB Meta Knight they'd trade for an Ike or Lucario?

I'm in Canada and my Meta Knight arrived with a crushed box. :(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Top 30 posters from the previous thread
not top 25 so my name is on there, haha
:

Blue Namagem 784
Mononoke 405
Neo Dark 359
greenwolfe7 338
Zonic 244
Diggeh 214
M1nion 193
rjinaz 187
CH4OS 182
RyosukeTH 176
IntelliHeath 172
Byron Bluth 171
SalvaPot 167
superNESjoe 163
LiK 160
Toki767 153
BigBossJelly 149
SaviourMK2 148
Interface23 147
Christopher 141
ThisBeJason 140
Xamdou 139
pete_clarf 131
TheWorthyEdge 131
PadWarrior 124
Hero Prinny 122
Persona7 121
theSlacker 121
Danthrax 116
Lee Chaolan 112

Top 30 posters from the previous thread
not top 25 so my name is on there, haha
:

Blue Namagem 784
Mononoke 405
Neo Dark 359
greenwolfe7 338
Zonic 244
Diggeh 214
M1nion 193
rjinaz 187
CH4OS 182
RyosukeTH 176
IntelliHeath 172
Byron Bluth 171
SalvaPot 167
superNESjoe 163
LiK 160
Toki767 153
BigBossJelly 149
SaviourMK2 148
Interface23 147
Christopher 141
ThisBeJason 140
Xamdou 139
pete_clarf 131
TheWorthyEdge 131
PadWarrior 124
Hero Prinny 122
Persona7 121
theSlacker 121
Danthrax 116
Lee Chaolan 112

Would ya look at that!

So Mega Man and Sonic Friday at GStop correct?

I have an unopened NA Yoshi. Looking to trade for Little Mac or Rosalina. Would prefer unopened, but will take unopened if I can get BOTH. Please PM.

Dunkley

tumblr_njwzllBX5C1sjbtwdo1_400.jpg

Dropped by in the local Gamestop today while I was out grabbing food for my colleagues and saw this dork hanging here.

Of course I bought first and took pictures later. Apparently they just had him shipped in two hours prior to me buying it.

Wasn't he supposed to hit on the 20th, tho? I asked the clerk and they didn't know anything about it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Most popular:

USA = Marth
JAPAN = Captain Falcon
EUROPE = Little Mac
AUSTRALIA = Ike

Sell-through does not mean "most popular." I believe it means "highest percentage sold." Probably the top four or five are 100% sold (in other words, sold out) so it's basically a tie for them.

Although it's odd that Little Mac isn't above characters that clearly are less than 100%, like Link. Where are all these unsold Little Macs in the U.S.? And how is Link even on on this list when there are so many of them?

But you're right about it showing how shitty Nintendo's distribution has been. We basically can't get a very fair idea of which characters are most popular because different ones are available in different quantities. If they all were available in even distributions, we could have a good idea.

levyjl1988

Banned
AMIIBO IN THE FORM OF CARDS COMING THIS YEAR
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...ing-this-year?abthid=54e3190ca953b6564e000003

I can see all Amiibo will be cards. Collect the smash bros line up as soon as you can.
These cards will be easer to manufacture and will sure to disappoint fans.

I don't want to have a Smash Bros figure collection and to substitute Marth is a stupid card.

Nintendo knows how to fuck up royally.
First comes the shitty eco cases.
then comes the missing manuals,
then the closure of Club Nintendo
followed by the limited supply of Gamecube Adapter
then the limited Majora's Mask CE
then the limited Majora's Mask New 3DSXL
then the limited amiibo toys
now amiibos are turning into cards.

FUCK OFF NINTENDO, how the hell am I able to buy your shit? I don't want to pay Scalper prices.

Geedorah

I have an unopened NA Yoshi. Looking to trade for Little Mac or Rosalina. Would prefer unopened, but will take unopened if I can get BOTH. Please PM.

Yeah dude umm... I'm sorry but, you may want to see if you can't just find a store to return Yoshi - that isn't at all an equal trade...

tumblr_njwzllBX5C1sjbtwdo1_400.jpg

Dropped by in the local Gamestop today while I was out grabbing food for my colleagues and saw this dork hanging here.

Of course I bought first and took pictures later. Apparently they just had him shipped in two hours prior to me buying it.

Wasn't he supposed to hit on the 20th, tho? I asked the clerk and they didn't know anything about it.

1 euro above the "official" price? Fuck the stores trying to do this shit.
This happenes all the time in europe, Nintendo starts sending during the week the shipments and some get them in tuesday, others on wednesday and others on thursday and those store start selling it before the release date.
Other stores dont get them like 2 weeks after that, as it happened with wave 3.0. Really strange distribution Nintendo did with that one.

Is anyone else surprised by that Amiibo pie chart that breaks down shipment by region? I am in my car so I can't post it. 63% for NA blows my mind as I feel we can't find them anywhere. also all the pictures of European stock have made us in NA drool. It really doesn't make sense to me unless a large quantity of the figures really are in those gridlocked shipping containers on the west coast.

Edit: plus think how many NA has imported from Europe and Japan

Last post of last thread. F that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom