• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Replaying this in Japanese... holy shit did they take a lot of liberties with Moira's character. She's a completely different person in the original JP script. A lot more likeable. Thank you Capcom for including the JP audio AND text :)

yep, that was the first one iirc

the spanish voices are so deep and gruff in it

do the english subtitles change in script for the japanese va? that'd be pretty crazy. i'm pretty curious about how much moira was changed

Don't think so. You just had me turn it on Japanese too. LOL

KyleCross

Come to think of it.. is this the first RE with multiple languages for VA? Kind of a weird decision what with it being a budget title.

Nah, both Revelations 1 and RE6 had multiple dubs. They were the ones that finally ended the reign of English only voiceovers, they even made a Japanese dub for REmaster.

Looking at the credits im worried Chris isn't going to be in Raid.
Unless
Chris has a RE3 Barry type scene in the story and so don't list it to avoid spoilers.

KyleCross

Dr Dogg

How are your frames looking? Some of the missions with a lot of alpha effects (RE6 level with the burning cars or the RE Revelations level with a lot of snow) are choppy as fuck (drops to 45 fps).

Just to follow up on this, just went through the Streets level from RE6 and while frametimes and general GPU usage was fine the moment any of the burning cars were on screen the game kicked down to half speed but still at 60fps, with only a slight deviation in frametimes (20ms tops). I'll have a look at the snow one and see what the score is there.

Chabbles

Finished. Not bad really considering the price i guess. My biggest complaint is the wonky aiming which puts a damper on the gunplay fun, it doesnt feel tight at all for a "60fps" game. And about the framerate, it really got choppy in the wooded area in the Chris campaign(PS4). I give it a 6.5/10.. If the gunplay was fun to engage in it'd be a 7/10.

Man if Capcom went DLC crazy on this I would go broke.

Raid Maps
Lost in Nightmares mansion
Ghost Ship(Rev1)
Raccoon City maps(ORC)
RE5 maps
RE4 maps

Characters & Costumes
S.T.A.R.S. Rebecca
-Nurse (Mercs 3d)
S.T.A.R.S. Barry
S.T.A.R.S. Chris(RE5)
-LIN (RE5)
-Wetsuit (Rev)
-Air Force (Mercs 3d)
-CV (Darkside)
S.T.A.R.S. Jill(REmake)
-Casual (REmake)
-BSAA (RE5)
-Battlesuit (RE5)
S.T.A.R.S. Wesker(RE5)

Tactical Ada (Assignment Ada)
-Red Dress(RE4)
-Casual(RE6)

RPD Leon(RE4)
-Jacket(RE4)
-Casual (RE6)

Weapons
Jill's Samurai Edge
Wesker's Samurai Edge
Matilda
Flamethrower
Brad's rocket launcher

Just wanted to chime in that I'm getting great performance on PC, locked at 60 with v-sync off. So I don't think the drops people are getting are universal if we are trying to narrow it down to what is causing it.

Kssio_Aug

What are the medallions for in Raid mode?

And lets suppose I lost a medal in a level, and all my characters are above the recommended level, is there a way to get the one of recommended level in some way?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is it just me or is the african village they show in the Terra Save video the same they showed for the RE5 trailers before it was a co-op game ? The original one with a skinny Chris and the fast dodging.

I didn't play rev 1, but did she have a role there? If not her inclusion is even more hilarious.

Nope, lol.

Is it just me or is the african village they show in the Terra Save video the same they showed for the RE5 trailers before it was a co-op game ? The original one with a skinny Chris and the fast dodging.
That was still in the game, its where 5 starts.
Yeah its meant to reference 5's events.

joe2187

Banned
Why the heck is Gina in Raid?

Gotta use all them assets.

I didn't play rev 1, but did she have a role there? If not her inclusion is even more hilarious.

Gina Foley

and her sister Racheal Foley

latest

They reused the same model for Racheal but gave her a haircut, and just like her sister she's killed in the intro.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Warning, if you don't want enemy spoilers for the campaign, don' play Raid Mode. XD;

Just played several hours of Raid Mode, was a lot of fun, but some of the enemies that appear in Raid Mode haven't appeared in the main campaign.

The biggest one to avoid would be the last stage in the Raid Mode Throwback Pack, there's a few enemies that appear in that stage that haven't yet in the campaign, but they all appear in other Raid Mode stages, but having played through all the Raid Mode maps for Episode 1 on Normal and half of them on hard, there's one enemy that appears in that stage that's really cool, but I don't think is supposed to appear until much later in Revelations 2 campaign. XD;

I am leaning more towards the disc version. The individual episodes are $5.99 each, but the disc version is $39.99. I am just wondering if the extras are worth the additional money.

Dusk Golem

WELL, Revelations 2 seems to have a lot of surprises in store...

I dug through the Revelations 2 files more, and I found out what the two bonus episodes are. They're not what you guys are going to expect. I am going to spoiler mark them, but they are some light story spoilers, though nothing absolutely huge, but might lead you to think about some things.

The two bonus episodes are apparently extra game modes with story behind them.

Bonus Episode 1 stars Moria, she is with a 'mysterious old man', apparently. She has a slightly different costume in this episode than her main costume, wearing gloves, a scarf, etc. Apparently, in this episode/game mode, it's all about survival. You need to hunt animals (rabbits, birds, snakes, rats) to get rations, and if you have no rations when you die, you get a game over and have to start all over. Says you can only quit when you get to a checkpoint, if you quit when not at a checkpoint you have to start all over. Some new game mechanics, seems to be a lot more punishing and describes itself as 'a test of survival skills".

The second bonus episode stars Natalia, apparently in this she's looking for a friend of hers, and for some reason in this game mode you work with another Natalia, who looks a lot like Natalia but has different hair, a necklace, and wears a black dress, but who's name is also Natalia. This game mode and episode looks absolutely weird in the texture shots for it, it shows the island like it's super psychedelic or something, with purple and pink fog everywhere. In this game mode. the White Natalia must absolutely not be spotted by enemies, if she gets spotted, it's game over. However, the Black Natalia cannot be sensed by enemies at all, and can walk freely, but cannot interact with anything in the world. Have a big open sandbox level, and apparently need to find letters and photos with clues of where your friend may be.

Not what I expected, to say the least.

This info comes from these textures, which can be found in the game's files. Bonus Episode 1 & 2 spoilers:

Bonus Episode 1:
http://s11.postimg.org/ug0ei98tv/Bonus_R1.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/bl4nru8s3/Bonus_R2.jpg
http://s24.postimg.org/rbq7ygkf9/Bonus_R3.jpg

Bonus Episode 2:
http://s11.postimg.org/9190xql83/Bonus1.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/a7d0wj9ir/Bonus3.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/4w6vdimef/Bonus2.jpg

OK, I'm LOVING this game!
I had faith in it from the start and I'm glad that the game holds up to my expectation. Atmosphere is fantastic and exploring these environments is just intense.
I can already tell this will be my favorite RE since 4.

People running low on ammo should use Moira more, blind + melee is very effective. Also lots of items in the environment if you take your time to search.

My temporary solution for the frame-rate issues is to lock the game at 30. At least this way there are no drops and the game is playable, 60 is just all over the place on AMD cards.

Dusk Golem

Debating if I should make a spoiler thread due to some of the stuff found, I don't want to fill this topic with it, but maybe just best not to dicuss it, are people really interested in knowing spoilers for Revelations 2? There's some pretty big stuff in the files. Any thoughts from you guys?

What level is your main character? Are you getting all the medals?

Jill level 23, playing on Recommended level. I get all the medals every time. Don't even have to try, dont use parts or any upgraded skills (edit: that's a lie. i have the max level on full health) or special weapons. I never even use the sub weapons.

Revelations 1 was so much harder even on recommended level. And there I remember having to use everything the game offered but here... piece of cake.

Jill level 23, playing on Recommended level. I get all the medals every time. Don't even have to try, dont use parts or any upgraded skills (edit: that's a lie. i have the max level on full health) or special weapons. I never even use the sub weapons.

Revelations 1 was so much harder even on recommended level. And there I remember having to use everything the game offered but here... piece of cake.
So far only one level has given me a problem but yeah it's been a cake walk so far. I'm sure it will get more hard down the line.

Dusk Golem

I think Raid Mode will get a lot harder, on account to get the Gaunlets in upcoming episodes means doing quite a lot complete medals in earlier episodes. Like you can't do the first Episode 2 gauntlet unless you do all the episode one gauntlets on normal and get Completion Medals on all of them, and then do half of the medals on hard.

I also am suspicious that on the Raid Mode Rundown, it says completing all the Gauntlets over all four episodes, "Will unlock the real challenge..."

Or to quote directly...

If you can clear them all, you'll access an ever greater challenge... (...) EP4: 2 Gauntlets, one of which you'll have to finish and see what happens...

Dr Dogg

Seeing as they have changed the requirements for the No Damage medal to Don't Use a Herb it's pretty easy to get all 4 (so 5 in total) medals. Unless that's different on higher difficulties.

I hope so, because it's just... boring tbh? I mean, it's not fun to run through these stages anymore even on harder difficulties simply due to knowing that there won't be a challenge. Maybe I should just lower the level even more but that's not the type of challenge I want. I want more and harder, faster enemies. I don't want bullet sponge enemies and that's what happens when you lower the level enough.

I thought Raid Mode would be challenging, because I was actually somewhat struggling in the beginning but now that I know how to play the game it's just... eh. If you've mastered RE6 in all ways possible this game just becomes even easier because you can use some of those tricks here as well.

Jawmuncher

WELL, Revelations 2 seems to have a lot of surprises in store...

I dug through the Revelations 2 files more, and I found out what the two bonus episodes are. They're not what you guys are going to expect. I am going to spoiler mark them, but they are some light story spoilers, though nothing absolutely huge, but might lead you to think about some things.

The two bonus episodes are apparently extra game modes with story behind them.

Bonus Episode 1 stars Moria, she is with a 'mysterious old man', apparently. She has a slightly different costume in this episode than her main costume, wearing gloves, a scarf, etc. Apparently, in this episode/game mode, it's all about survival. You need to hunt animals (rabbits, birds, snakes, rats) to get rations, and if you have no rations when you die, you get a game over and have to start all over. Says you can only quit when you get to a checkpoint, if you quit when not at a checkpoint you have to start all over. Some new game mechanics, seems to be a lot more punishing and describes itself as 'a test of survival skills".

The second bonus episode stars Natalia, apparently in this she's looking for a friend of hers, and for some reason in this game mode you work with another Natalia, who looks a lot like Natalia but has different hair, a necklace, and wears a black dress, but who's name is also Natalia. This game mode and episode looks absolutely weird in the texture shots for it, it shows the island like it's super psychedelic or something, with purple and pink fog everywhere. In this game mode. the White Natalia must absolutely not be spotted by enemies, if she gets spotted, it's game over. However, the Black Natalia cannot be sensed by enemies at all, and can walk freely, but cannot interact with anything in the world. Have a big open sandbox level, and apparently need to find letters and photos with clues of where your friend may be.

Not what I expected, to say the least.

This info comes from these textures, which can be found in the game's files. Bonus Episode 1 & 2 spoilers:

Bonus Episode 1:
http://s11.postimg.org/ug0ei98tv/Bonus_R1.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/bl4nru8s3/Bonus_R2.jpg
http://s14.postimg.org/556qyaiqp/Bonus_R3.jpg

Bonus Episode 2:
http://s11.postimg.org/9190xql83/Bonus1.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/a7d0wj9ir/Bonus3.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/4w6vdimef/Bonus2.jpg

Moira's other costume looks fantastic.

I used one of those revive mid raid run things if you died because I got tired of fucking up on the last enemy and wanted to keep my weapons I found, I learned that it doesn't count as healing yourself and you still get all five medals if you did everything else. I felt so dirty...

If you want good elemental effects in raid mode use the add-ons with a magnum, the level 1 percentage is something like 68% instead of 9 or less for automatic weapons, shotguns are half that. It's really nice to shoot through 3+ enemies in a row and freeze most of them, lol.

Those extra modes sound like you really want to play them in co-op for the most enjoyment, especially that second one.

News Bot

Banned
Leaked unlockable concept art has me rather happy... (HUGEEEEEE story spoilers)

Alex Wesker is the Overseer. Also looks like the G-Virus is back, explaining the purple vial. I wonder if they'll revisit G's purpose to create evolved humans.

Manu

Fuck, I expected that to be spoilers about unlockable stuff, not story spoilers :/

You could've worded that out a bit better...

Fury451

Banned
Barry's voice actor is great. He gets it, he knows exactly who he's voicing, and he's delivering solid gold line readings.

Edit: Apparently he also played Schwartzwald in The Big O and The Director in Crackdown. So he's done well-crafted ham and cheese before.

Jawmuncher

Leaked unlockable concept art has me rather happy... (story spoilers)

Alex Wesker is the Overseer. Also looks like the G-Virus is back, explaining the purple vial. I wonder if they'll revisit G's purpose to create evolved humans.

Mm yes I love it.

I was thinking about why Moira doesn't like firearms, most likely some accident which happened where she may have caused it... I thought about it and suddenly it hit me
remember, Barry has two daughters

It's only guess work but interesting thought.

Top Bottom