• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion sells over 1.7 million copies

Well deserved. But wow, new DLC already? Feels like Fire in the Deep just came out and I barely played it! Ah well, I suppose it's there when I'm ready to hop back in.

Xav

Trials Fusion + Season pass > Trials Evolution > Trials Fusion > Trials HD

Resogun and Trials Fusion are usually the only reason I ever turn on my PS4.

aku:jiki

Liked it, but somehow not as much as the first one on 360.
Pretty much same here. Fusion just didn't grab me like HD and Evo did. I haven't thought much about it, so I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's the fact that they seem to make the bike lighter and the physics a little crazier with each game. If you go back to HD, the bike weighs like a goddamn tank, but in a good way. That sounds like I'm saying that they "made it casual" but each new iteration actually ups the individual level difficulty; Fusion gets brutal pretty fast compared to HD. I guess I just liked the balance design of easier tracks but harder to control bike that they had going in HD.

Personal opinion aside, RedLynx are obviously good people and deserve good sales.

BashNasty

Fusion was a huge step down compared to Evolution, but as a huge Trials fan, I still enjoy it. The sublime core gameplay is still intact.

Looking forward to trying out the new dlc.

Liked it, but somehow not as much as the first one on 360.

The futuristic level design and music didn't appeal to me.

This.

I prefered Evolution, and probably HD also. Don't get me wrong I still loved Fusion. I really get on with the the FMX stuff though.

I know most, if not all, the audio tracks are synced to your position on the track but it gets so annoying if you have to keep restarting and listening to the same piece of music and dialogue over and over again. This is probaly my only gripe with the game.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Really hope they completely separate the FMX stuff for the next game.

I'm sure the stench of Ubisoft business decisions will be all over the next one as well, but I can only hope they learned something this time around.

ThatManTy

Neo Member
My first Trials experience. Can't say that I put a lot of time into it, but some friends saw me playing, and bought the game as well. Solid.

MYeager

Fusion was a huge step down compared to Evolution, but as a huge Trials fan, I still enjoy it. The sublime core gameplay is still intact.

This mirrors my feeling about the game, except instead of getting the new DLC I just went back to playing Evo more.

TDonk

Trials is all about the hard and extreme tracks.

Currently doing all the extremes.

Inferno 4 and Way of the Machine left to do.

Aaaaargh

sneaky77

Hopefully they'll get to make another game and hopefully it will release less half cooked than this one, although I have to say I really enjoy this trials game.

Seanspeed

Banned

I'm not sure how exactly it was a stepdown from Evolution, but I agree. I was looking forward to it, played like 6 hours and then lost interest. In fact, I'd completely forgotten about it til now.

On the surface, I'm not sure why I feel this way. I think it had some crazy environments and some good tracks, but it just didn't really keep me playing. I wanna say I was just burnt out on it, but I'm not sure that's it.

I should give it another go and maybe see what sort of user created stuff has come since I last picked it up.

Derpyduck

Banned
Great game but Evolution is still better. Ended up buying the season pass on sale and it's been kinda worth it. I'm amazed at how little tracks they're able to come up with after so long of a time. It really takes months to come up with 8 new designs?

cackhyena

Hopefully they'll get to make another game and hopefully it will release less half cooked than this one, although I have to say I really enjoy this trials game.

Half cooked is right. It's hilarious that on these machines, the load times are as awful as they are on something as simple as looking at your bikes.

hawk2025

This reminds me that I need to play the DLC at some point.

I have played literally zero of the expansions. Were they generally good?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Is the million mark even noteworthy anymore when you also sell on last gen?

I mean, its a cheap known IP selling to a combined console install base of over 100 million. Throw in PC?

1.7 just doesn't seem like a lot.

wouwie

Trials Fusion is the only season pass i ever bought and i think it was worth it. It keeps me coming back to the game and i still love the core gameplay. It might have helped that this was my first Trials game (apparently, many people found it a step backwards compared to previous games). I still play it regularly whenever new DLC comes out. The gameplay is just so much fun. I always skip the stunt tracks though since i'm not interested at all in the stunt gameplay.

Shantom

Is the million mark even noteworthy anymore when you also sell on last gen?

I mean, its a cheap known IP selling to a combined console install base of over 100 million. Throw in PC?

1.7 just doesn't seem like a lot.

Pretty sure it's less than what Trials HD did on 360 alone.

RoKKeR

I enjoy Trials up until the hardest track difficulty tier, then I get annoyed and quit.

Otherwise it's a lot of fun, good for them.

hawk2025

I enjoy Trials up until the hardest track difficulty tier, then I get annoyed and quit.

Otherwise it's a lot of fun, good for them.

Same.

I've just decided to not even bother with Extreme tracks, up to the level right before it the difficulty feels just right, though.

I miss some of the silly stunt games that were present on the original on the 360. The "crash down these stairs and we score you on how many bones you break" was a favorite of mine.

Top Bottom