• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4A Games launching ARKTIKA.1 for Oculus Rift | October 10th 2017

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
ARKTIKA_1.jpg

Oculus said there will be a major (exclusive/timed exclusive) VR title on Oculus Rift every month this year (for the past months they have Rock Band VR, Killing Floor Incursion, Lone Echo, Wilson's Heart, Robo Recall, The Climb, The Mage's Tale etc). This month, their key release is ARKTIKA.1

Developer: 4A Games
Preorder Site: Oculus Page
Platform: Oculus Rift w/Oculus Touch

About The Game
From the creators of Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, and Metro Redux comes a new vision of the apocalypse. ARKTIKA.1 is a highly immersive, action-packed, first-person shooter designed exclusively for Oculus Touch. Nearly a century in the future, the world has fallen into a new ice age in the aftermath of a silent apocalypse. Only the equatorial regions are still habitable, yet pockets of humanity survive in small numbers all over the planet, hanging onto existence in the resource-rich territories to the north and south--resources that everyone wants to control... Protect the colony in the wastelands of old Russia from raiders, marauders, and strange creatures. Be the savior. Give humanity a second chance.

Using the newest version of the 4A Engine, ARKTIKA.1 delivers the most impressive visuals ever seen in VR, along with the immersion and world building that 4A Games is known for, in a full AAA package. Experience a post-apocalyptic vision of the future like never before; in full VR.

Trailer

Screenshots

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What the heck is going on in this shot

screenshots_0040_low-res.jpg

Is there some sort of portal they are looking through on the left side of the screen?

lyrick

What the heck is going on in this shot

screenshots_0040_low-res.jpg

Is there some sort of portal they are looking through on the left side of the screen?

Looks like an energy shield in the left hand and a Gun in the right. (Think Space Pirate Trainer)

Bookoo

All the previews and trailers look great for this game. 4A is really great at building worlds so I hope this pays off in VR.

Plasma

Banned
Looks really polished and teleporting in VR has never bothered me it just makes shooters feel like the old lightgun arcade games. I've got it preordered so I'll definitely give it a go tomorrow.

Hexer06

...is the background holding a gun?

Haha. I was like "what are they talking about?" and then I saw it. Nice catch :).

Edit: Does this have teleportation for movement method? If not, it's a no go for me. I can't play any games with smooth locomotion without immediate nausea :(.

Haha. I was like "what are they talking about?" and then I saw it. Nice catch :).

Edit: Does this have teleportation for movement method? If not, it's a no go for me. I can't play any games with smooth locomotion without immediate nausea :(.

Yeah its teleportation movement. Looks great

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Yah it has teleportation

I believe its already released now if not slightly later today

I am buying and download the invisible hours VR instead lol

Top Bottom