• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

73 Metacritic score for NFS Unbound is ridiculous considering how awful this game is

Drizzlehell

Banned
It’s the best need for speed since most wanted. I’ve put like 30 hours in and have had a blast. I also love how gay coded it is but that’s just my preference ;)
Pretty sure it was coded using C++ and C#

I'm not familiar with this "gay" programming language you're referring to.

Azurro

Banned
Pokemon Scarlet is 72( 3.2 user though) and its basically a garbage phone looking game. The skin textures of pokemons reminds me of the low poly textures from some small objects(Kettle) in Crysis for Xbox360.

It's a Nintendo game though, the reviews for those games are artificial. They can release a disaster of a game and not get less than a 7 on aggregate.

SantaC

Bring back Ghost games Sweden. Criterion is garbage. Worst Need for Speed for sure.

Last edited:

jm89

Is the cops worse then nfs heat? I remember early on in NFS heat the cops were a nightmare to deal with. As annoying as it was it did well showing the risk reward of overdoing it in the night races.

After upgrading a decent car, you'd be running circles around them.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Is the cops worse then nfs heat? I remember early on in NFS heat the cops were a nightmare to deal with. As annoying as it was it did well showing the risk reward of overdoing it in the night races.

After upgrading a decent car, you'd be running circles around them.
They're piss-easy but it takes longer to shake the pursuit especially on higher heat levels. I guess it's less annoying than Heat but it's far more tedious.

Banned
Exactly.
You mostly get two groups of people rating a game: Those who love it and those who hate it.
If there's more on one side than the other, you can be almost certain that the game is either very good at what it aims to do or very bad (or something in between).

not really, you can't.
many people rate games they never played with either a single word or zero word review with just a score.
they do that to hype up a game of their favorite company or shit on a game because it's popular to shit on it.

and then there are reviews like these:
2YUrLeS.png

9ZlYMlj.png

and I literally found these just now looking for 30 seconds

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
not really, you can't.
many people rate games they never played with either a single word or zero word review with just a score.
they do that to hype up a game of their favorite company or shit on a game because it's popular to shit on it.

and then there are reviews like these:
2YUrLeS.png
2YUrLeS.png

9ZlYMlj.png
9ZlYMlj.png

and I literally found these just now looking for 30 seconds
Congratulations, you found a handful of really dumb reviews within thousands of opinions.
The few dumb reviews where people apparently misclicked the rating are not relevant. I'd wager most people do manage to find the right button...
Stop looking at single user reviews as if they had objective value - that's not what makes the user score relevant.

What makes the score relevant is the sheer mass of either positive or negative opinions.
There is no case of a game loved by users that's shit at what it tries to do - and no case of a game hated by users that's actually amazing at it.
And that's pretty much all that score will tell you, which is IMO already enough to have a good estimate if a game might be a good purchase for you (assuming you like that style of game).

Also, I'm fairly sure you are projecting with the "many people rate games they never played" part.
Take Steam, for example. You cannot even rate the game if you don't own it - yet Steam scores and metacritic user scores are almost always extremely close to one another (with Steam scores tending to be a bit higher?).

Last edited:
Top Bottom