• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Graphics Boss Scott Herkleman leaves AMD.

Leonidas

In a post this afternoon to X (formerly known as Twitter), Scott Herkelman, who serves as AMD’s Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Graphics Business unit, announced that he is leaving the company. Herkelman's departure comes after Robert Hallock, who served as Director of Technical Marketing, left the company in late 2022.

“After seven years at AMD and launching three increasingly competitive generations of RDNA graphics architectures, I have decided to leave AMD,” said Herkelman.

Leonidas

I hope FSR3 still launches on time, it is supposed to release in September with Immortals of Aveum after being announced nearly a year ago...

Interfectum

Michael Biehn Wtf GIF by GritTV

Buggy Loop

Isn’t this guy behind the “up to” performances on RDNA 3 presentation? I would say I’m surprised it was not sooner

Kuranghi

The top card for features and perf, even if not the best value, has been Nvidia since the Maxwell at least (I had a 7870 before that, was the 700-series better than AMD equivalent?).

Is that going to change after 10 years? I'm asking not being facetious.

winjer

Gold Member
The top card for features and perf, even if not the best value, has been Nvidia since the Maxwell at least (I had a 7870 before that, was the 700-series better than AMD equivalent?).

Is that going to change after 10 years? I'm asking not being facetious.

AMD was able to catch up to Intel thanks to Brian Krzanich's incompetence.
But NVidias Jensen Huang, not only is very competent, he has much greater view of the future of tech.
It will take a miracle for AMD to match NVidia.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Met him a few times and had a good chat a handful of times. A very passionate individual.

Gg for all the hardwork. Wonder what he is going to do next.

ckaneo

They copy Nvidia too much. Need something that sets them apart instead of just cheaper prices.

Or they should go even cheaper.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This doesn't bald well considering the rumors of their next lineup not competing on the high end anymore. And I think competition is good but AMD has dropped the ball and not taking advantage of Nvidia's goofs as much as they could have.

The thing is that the performance gap between AMD and Nvidia in areas such as RT, AI, DLSS, etc... was increasingly larger and more evident, AMD will have nothing to compete with the RTX 50XX.

SABRE220

It was needed, there is a definite need for a change in direction and ambition for the graphics department of amd. The gpu side became an afterthought and embarrassment ever since amd basically decided to gut their gpu side to fund ryzen and zen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom