• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An update on Beyond Good and Evil 2

hyperbertha

Michel Ancel has decided to stop working in video games in order to focus on other personal projects, and will no longer be part of the BG&E2 team

As Michel noted, he hasn’t been directly involved in BG&E2 for some time now, as the team have been hard at work building on top of the solid creative foundation he helped shape.

We recently passed an important internal milestone, delivering a build that proves our Space Pirate Fantasy and offers hours of gameplay and an incredible level of freedom in a seamless online sandbox, building upon the promise of our tech demos shown at E3. I’m incredibly proud of the team’s perseverance, dedication to each other and ongoing commitment to developing an amazing game.

We still have a lot more to do to, and we’re ramping up the size of the team to help. We recently added Ubisoft Paris as a partner studio, and in the past six months many new people have joined us here in Ubisoft Montpellier.

We are aiming to share more and show you the game in action sometime next year, once we pass our next internal production milestones

jigglet

Banned
I don’t think this franchise is marketable enough to a big enough audience to justify the dev cost. It’s very niche, especially given how long it’s been since the first one. It needs someone with his weight to push the vision through unmolested by executives. His original vision will never make it out intact without him.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown_2.png

Never understood why you make a prequel for a game that ended on a godd*mn cliffhanger.

And BG&E was an adventure game not open world AssCreed. But apparently linearity is no longer marketable.

I loved the first game but I have zero interest in this new game anymore.

Remember this?

And this?

Then it completely changed in that monkey trailer. I can imagine this game isn't even going to remotely resemble the first game. They may as well call it something else at this point in time. They'll probably get more sales if they did, as many people will think 'well I didn't play the first'

Top Bottom