• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best import games!

Teddman

How about GameBoy Advance games too? Those are region-free so importing is easy.

I would say "Elevator Action Old & New" is tops for import GBA. :)

Donkey Konga, which now comes in a nice combo pack including both discs and a controller. $80 at www.play-asia.com. My order's placed. Watch out though, you can't save progress in Donkye Konga 1 with freeloader. Get a mod.

Spike

Sorry if my spelling for titles is wrong, but these all seem like quality titles:

PS1
----

Gradius Galaxies
Rakugaki Showtime
Ore No Ryuri

PS2
----

Katamary Damashii
Winning Eleven 7 International
Gregory Horror Show

Cube
------

Mr. Driller
Hudson Selections: Bonk
Hudson Selections: Adventure Island
Naruto 2

Spike said:
Sorry if my spelling for titles is wrong, but these all seem like quality titles:

PS1
----

Gradius Galaxies
Rakugaki Showtime
Ore No Ryuri

PS2
----

Katamary Damashii
Winning Eleven 7 International
Gregory Horror Show

Cube
------

Mr. Driller
Hudson Selections: Bonk
Hudson Selections: Adventure Island
Naruto 2

I think you mean Gradius Gaiden, because Galaxies is the Mobile 21 GBA game.

Donkey Konga is worthless. If you want a music instrument game, get one that a monkey itself can't score perfect on, on his first try. Like any Bemani game.

Oh, and Taiko no Tatsujin pretty much sucks too.

zmet

PS2
Outrun
Espgaluda
Dodonpachi Daioujou
PC Genji

PSone
Akumajou Dracula X (yeah I know its been given a domestic release, but come on that goofy imp familar they took out the US release cracks me up)
Gradius Gaiden
Radien DX
Capcom Generations 2,4,5
Donpachi

zmet

Fularu said:
Speaking of raiden DX, there's a demo of a puzzle game on it, anyone knows its title and if it has been released on the PSx?

Sorry, I have the Hamster re-release version of the game - I don't remember a demo of a puzzle game on my disc. But I too would like to know about this puzzle game. Is it like Tetris?

Fularu

Banned
zmet said:
Sorry, I have the Hamster re-release version of the game - I don't remember a demo of a puzzle game on my disc. But I too would like to know about this puzzle game. Is it like Tetris?

It's with balls falling down if I remember right.

It's in a submenu on the disk (almost hidden) I Don't think the re-release misses it (they never touch up the re release of a game to make a new master)

SiegfriedFM said:
Donkey Konga is worthless. If you want a music instrument game, get one that a monkey itself can't score perfect on, on his first try. Like any Bemani game.

I wouldn't put it as harshly as you, but yeah, you pretty much speak the truth. DK and TnT are for light-hearted beginner's fun and party play only, not for serious competition.

Fularu

Banned
bobbyconover said:
I wouldn't put it as harshly as you, but yeah, you pretty much speak the truth. DK and TnT are for light-hearted beginner's fun and party play only, not for serious competition.
This sounds exactly like Samba de Amigo, the best music game to date!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
SiegfriedFM said:

Hey now chief, some of us aren't very coordinated, so a game like DK still provides a challenge.

SiegfriedFM said:

I'll admit that Donkey Konga is easy. But I still love it. It's just a lot of fun to me. I'm getting the US version but I want as much value out of those conga drums as I can get, so I'm importing more songs (and a conga). Plus because the game is easy it makes it easier to get more people to play with. Lots of people don't play DDR and other Bemani becaue it's intimidating. Donkey Konga is easy and thus more open to players. I'm hoping my girlfriend will play it with me.

Fularu said:
This sounds exactly like Samba de Amigo, the best music game to date!

No, Samba de Amigo at least has some potentially challenging songs (and the controller is far more engaging).

Even on the hardest difficulty, DK is v. v. easy.

Top Bottom