• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 isn't part of Ubisoft's plans for next fiscal year

Fans of Beyond Good & Evil who delighted in the game's announcement trailer when it was shown at E3 2017 are unfortunately going to have to wait quite a bit longer to see what the prequel to Ubisoft's 2003 space alien adventures has in store.

In today's earnings call discussing the publisher's Q3 results, CEO Yves Guillemot was asked by an investor about whether or not the game was part of Ubisoft's plans for the next fiscal year. Guillemot replied, "It's not going to be in the five games we will announce."

He was specifically referring to the fact that Ubisoft has said it will be releasing five AAA titles in the coming fiscal year that begins on April 2020. We already know a few of them from statements made last year. Three will be Gods & Monsters, Rainbow Six Quarantine, and Watch Dogs: Legion, all of which were delayed out of this current fiscal year. The remaining two have not been officially revealed yet.

Three of the planned AAA releases will launch within the window of September 2020 to December 2020, while the remaining two will release between January and March 2021.

Additionally, Ubisoft is planning other non-AAA releases, including Roller Champions and, almost certainly, its annual Just Dance release. However, it is extremely unlikely that Ubisoft would classify Beyond Good & Evil 2 as a non-AAA game, meaning the soonest possible launch date per Guillemot's remarks would be April 2021, the start of the following fiscal year.

Ubisoft's other known upcoming AAA title, Skull & Bones, has been specified for launch in the 2021-2022 fiscal year as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It feels like this game isn't ever actually coming out. When it does, it'll probably be the Duke Nukem Forever of the next console generation.

fb0.jpg

They saw how Shenmue did.
He was specifically referring to the fact that Ubisoft has said it will be releasing five AAA titles in the coming fiscal year that begins on April 2020. We already know a few of them from statements made last year. Three will be Gods & Monsters, Rainbow Six Quarantine, and Watch Dogs: Legion, all of which were delayed out of this current fiscal year. The remaining two have not been officially revealed yet.

I will pay incredible amounts of money for Far Cry Primal 2.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Fans of Beyond Good & Evil who delighted in the game's announcement trailer when it was shown at E3 2017 are unfortunately going to have to wait quite a bit longer to see what the prequel to Ubisoft's 2003 space alien adventures has in store.

In today's earnings call discussing the publisher's Q3 results, CEO Yves Guillemot was asked by an investor about whether or not the game was part of Ubisoft's plans for the next fiscal year. Guillemot replied, "It's not going to be in the five games we will announce."

Three of the planned AAA releases will launch within the window of September 2020 to December 2020, while the remaining two will release between January and March 2021.

Additionally, Ubisoft is planning other non-AAA releases, including Roller Champions and, almost certainly, its annual Just Dance release. However, it is extremely unlikely that Ubisoft would classify Beyond Good & Evil 2 as a non-AAA game, meaning the soonest possible launch date per Guillemot's remarks would be April 2021, the start of the following fiscal year.

Ubisoft's other known upcoming AAA title, Skull & Bones, has been specified for launch in the 2021-2022 fiscal year as well.

That's not what he said. He simply said it's not THIS fiscal year.

Assuming it'll be the next is incorrect.

yurinka

Guys, it's a Michel Ancel game. Which means that they are working on it, but will be released in 30 years or so. Don't hold your breath for BGE2. I'd expect it for 2023.

DonJorginho

Banned
The first game wasn't THAT good and the gameplay snippets look really average in my honest opinion.

They can take all the time they want, I just want my Cyberpunk 2077 and Atomic Heart.

-Troid-

Banned
I'm guessing they're having trouble/disagreements on what direction to take the game in. I mean when they first announced it they said it was a prequel that happened a significant time before the first game, but then later had a trailer with Jade in it as an apparent villian. Something that would make a bit more sense if it were a sequel.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ofcourse it's not. Original and fun titles aren't Ubisofts forte anymore.

We will get a new Watch Dogs this year, a new Far Cry, a new Assassins Creed, maybe a new driving game which I cant even remember what that garbage is called.

Skull & bones.. fucking lol who asked for this? A multiplayer focussed boat combat game.. Isnt world of warships already a thing?

Either way, we all wanted a cool new pirate adventure, away from the trappings of an Assassins Creed game.. But nahh, that's too much trouble and you cant implement MTX and LIVEEE SERVICESSS

I cannot believe people still like this garbage they put out. Ofcourse their games aren't the worst, but they are totally devoid of any soul, any feeling. It's all fake and cookie cutter boring samey shit.

Last edited:

Humdinger

It took forever to even get announced, and it'll take forever to get released, if it does.

I enjoyed the original -- at the time, it felt fresh (not so much now) -- but the new one just isn't doing it for me. It looks impressive visually, but the characters make me wince.

xrnzaaas

BG&E2 had a chance of being a good game when Ubisoft was still releasing smaller, more passionate projects like Rayman Origins / Legends. Now years later I don't see how it can succeed with their mandatory open world gaas model and I barely remember the first game.

Last edited:

Zephir

I wonder how many people are working on it, because I'm sure if it had the usual Assassin's Creed crew size, it would already be done

But honestly, with all this Space Monkey Program and stuff, I'm getting major MegaMan Legends 3 DevRoom vibes and we know what happened....

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
BG&E was a pretty good game.

I have very little hype for the sequel or prequel it whatever it is.

My understating is it's a forced online game. It's supposedly a single player story but with forced online shared world crap integration. Blizzard is doing the same with Diablo IV.

Graphics look okay but they're straying from that kind of PIXAR look the original had.

I dunno. I'm a damn pessimist. I suppose it could be a good game but it looks too different fron the original classic.

And I guess since the game is that far off, it'll be a next gen game.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Get a grip

Guoe3n1.jpg

Tv62bQx.jpg

Game is absolutely real ;)
Freak me up the ass, that is so cringe-worthy.

I remember the first E3 trailer a few years ago. Just one f-bomb after the next and oh look, the monkey is flipping off police. How edgy and cool!

The whole thing just reeked of juvenile with nothing giving off ant kind of feel if the original.

Sure the end result will probably be a fun game assuming it doesn't get shelved by Ubisoft, which I wouldn't be shocked if it did.

BG&E2 had a chance of being a good game when Ubisoft was still releasing smaller, more passionate projects like Rayman Origins / Legends. Now years later I don't see how it can succeed with their mandatory open world gaas model and I barely remember the first game.
Required to be online to play too. I'm all Nell Carter up here like just Give Me A Break.

Last edited:

Sygma

Freak me up the ass, that is so cringe-worthy.

I remember the first E3 trailer a few years ago. Just one f-bomb after the next and oh look, the monkey is flipping off police. How edgy and cool!

The whole thing just reeked of juvenile with nothing giving off ant kind of feel if the original.

Sure the end result will probably be a fun game assuming it doesn't get shelved by Ubisoft, which I wouldn't be shocked if it did.

and ?

also its not getting shelved

Last edited:
MONKEY SWEARS looked awful.

It's like they shouldn't have even called it BG&E.

They've been hyping up this vaporware for years, obviously they've had a bad identity crisis with it, and hopefully it never comes out if they can't get their act together and actually care about making a worthy sequel / prequel / whatever it is to the classic game we enjoyed years ago.

Last edited:

1. Make THIS game shown in the above trailer, not the piece of shit you showed at E3.
2. Have a SHITLOAD of happy fans and makes zillions.

Not that hard, Ubifags.

Last edited:

Carna

Banned
I really liked BG&E1, and feel like it doesn't need a sequel. ancel should just work on a new ip.

Darkmakaimura

I really liked BG&E1, and feel like it doesn't need a sequel. ancel should just work on a new ip.
Actually the upcoming game is a prequel which is even more odd considering the first game ended with unanswered questions about Jade even she doesn't understand and most of all a cliffhanger regarding one of the other characters.

Top Bottom