• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bigger Negative Psychological Effect For Women: Abortion or Adoption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

I'm really curious what has the greater long-term mental consequences and feelings of guilt and regret for women who choose to terminate a pregnancy vs choose to give the child to adoption services.

Has their been any studies on this?

http://time.com/3956781/women-abortion-regret-reproductive-health/

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2016/10/the_myth_of_abortion_regret.html

These articles suggest the vast majority of women have no doubts about the decision to get an abortion. I can't find data that compares that to adoption.

Platy

Having no doubts about an abortion does not mean the person does not feel bad about it.

This is a "last resort" type of thing.

Personally it depends. Sometimes when adoption comes around the family that adopts could be terrible for the child and abortion could be regretted later on as well.

KillLaCam

Banned
I feel like I'd be abortion. Especially if they didn't want it but it was a health thing. Like atleast if you put the kid up for adoption you'd know the kid was still somewhere

Dice//

Banned
Not to be a brat, but is this another topic where mostly men weigh on something they won't really experience first hand?? : /

No it isn't.
From what I've seen abortion is a tough decision but everyone I know whose had one made an informed decision, escaped a bad situation and have moved on with their lives at this point. I think going through pregnancy, giving birth, giving the child away, and having a child in the wild that you did not raise or what iffing for the rest of your life is more negative psychologically.

Not to be a brat, but is this another topic where mostly men weigh on something they won't really experience first hand?? : /

Not only that, but this is a question expert psychologists are still wrestling with.

Most of Neogaf is not even remotely qualified to answer this question.

Aeana

We don't need another thread where a bunch of expert men dismiss the opinions of women for 100 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom