• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle teases "new franchise" crossover, plus 9 new Characters (paid DLC ~$1.65/each)

New trailer:

Nine new characters shown off.
Persona 4: Misturu, Akihiko:love:, Labrys
Under-Night: Merkava, Yuzuriha, Mika
BlazBlue: Nine the Phantom, Izayoi, Mai

Siliconera is who I read the news through.

Any speculation as to what the "new franchise" might be? Will they draw from something new or will they dip into their back-catalogue?

And if it's from Arc's own back-catalogue, will it be something obvious like Guilty Gear or obscure like Sengoku Basara X and Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star)?

Last edited:
I've seen some mentions that files with names of Senran Kagura characters were found so it might be that.

If not Guilty Gear would be safest bet as it's Arc own series but they are crazy enough to pull everything so sky is the limit imho :)

As for packs I'd really prefer if they were split by franchises I don't know UNIEL world so all Persona characters pack or all BB characters would be lot more interesting to me.

Yeah it's Senran Kagura, the first datamining for the game was the announcer voice files to discover who the second half the of the DLC characters were, and the announcer says the name of the 2 main characters from SK.

Mori said at Anime Expo the 2 heroines of Kill la Kill might be added in the future, although won't be surprised if that's just a red herring to throw people off the Senran Kagura leak but they could be planning more DLC characters post Senran Kagura as well.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
New trailer:

Nine new characters shown off.
Persona 4: Misturu, Akihiko:love:, Labrys
Under-Night: Merkava, Yuzuriha, Mika
BlazBlue: Nine the Phantom, Izayoi, Mai

Siliconera is who I read the news through.

Any speculation as to what the "new franchise" might be? Will they draw from something new or will they dip into their back-catalogue?

And if it's from Arc's own back-catalogue, will it be something obvious like Guilty Gear or obscure like Sengoku Basara X and Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star)?

WHAT??!

But many of these Characters are already in the games, there are no new. and they they still dare to sell them as DLC???

Can someone give me a police number to report a theft, please?

Thats the main reason that i never buy Arc System Works games in Day one, i still waiting for the Dragon Ball FighterZ for the 4 Update year game.

Last edited:
WHAT??!

But many of these Characters are already in the games, there are no new. and they they still dare to sell them as DLC???

Can someone give me a police number to report a theft, please?

Thats the main reason that i never buy Arc System Works games in Day one, i still waiting for the Dragon Ball FighterZ for the 4 Update year game.
I laughed when I saw that 10 of the 20 DLC characters were in the games story mode, and as actual AI opponents. Not to mention still no arcade mode. Amazes me people will rightfully jump on Capcom for SFxT DLC characters and SFV's incomplete launch, yet Arc does it and they don't get called out as much as they should. At least the game bombed.

CatCouch

Sengoku Basara would be cool if it means I can play as Kasuga! I've never even heard of Sengoku Basara X until now.

So as far as we know, it's most likely going to be Senran Kagura due to the leak that found voice clips for the announcer pronouncing two of the main SK characters names, but, and this is a BIG BUT, Mori did state that he may have wanted 2B (from NieR: Automata) in the game, but that's just grasping at straws.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I laughed when I saw that 10 of the 20 DLC characters were in the games story mode, and as actual AI opponents. Not to mention still no arcade mode. Amazes me people will rightfully jump on Capcom for SFxT DLC characters and SFV's incomplete launch, yet Arc does it and they don't get called out as much as they should. At least the game bombed.
It bombed? lol nice

shinkai

Yeah I don't get why folks didn't outrage over this bullshit as well. The current DLC characters were released only 3 weeks after the game released and I didn't hear a peep out of the FGC, but as soon as Capcom does anything.... it's thread after thread. I get neither companys are perfect, but if you going to call out one company you can't let another one slide for the same bullshit.

Top Bottom