• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Protocol (Bandai Namco/Amazon) MMORPG delayed into 2024

near

Gold Member
Blue Protocol an MMORPG from Bandai Namco/Amazon scheduled for PS5/Xbox/Steam for this year has been delayed into 2024. Announced during one of their regular BP presentations.

PC closed beta test is still planned for this year however.

WhWRlsB.png

What, do they need more time to blackwash the characters and censor the clothing like Amazon did with Lost Ark? I’ll take a barely coherent direct translation over a localization by Amazon any day.

Sakura

Is the Japanese version still coming this year?

edit: The website says the Japanese version is coming next month. Why would just the western version need to be delayed? Maybe they do need time to censor it...

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Is the Japanese version still coming this year?

edit: The website says the Japanese version is coming next month. Why would just the western version need to be delayed? Maybe they do need time to censor it...

Yeah, the Japanese release is still moving forward 14th June, this delay is for the rest of the world.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Disappointing, but not unexpected. I anticipate Amazon will be announcing Throne and Liberty releasing in the next few months which lets them focus on one MMO launch at a time.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
From what I read a while back, game is a shitshow in terms of pay to win content. So yeah, it may look awesome but that's enough to steer me away from it.

Top Bottom