• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to debut Lost Planet 2 PS3 at GamesCon (and more!) [PR]

Nemesis_

CAPCOM DELIVERS STELLAR LINE UP FOR CONSUMERS AT GAMESCOM 2009
Blast off into the Void before being the first to experience some of the most eagerly awaited titles including Monster Hunter™ Tri and Lost Planet® 2
London – August 11, 2009 – Capcom® a leading worldwide developer and publisher of videogames, today announced a spectacular line-up for consumers attending this year’s GamesCom in Cologne between 19th – 23rd August. The show will be the first time that European gamers can get their hands on future titles Lost Planet® 2, Monster Hunter™ Tri, MotoGP™09/10 and Wii brawler Spyborgs™ as well as the action packed sci-fi adventure Dark Void™ and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom™ Ultimate All-Stars.

The upcoming title Dark Void blasts into centre stage at the Capcom booth. Creating a thrilling new gameplay dynamic for the third-person shooter experience, gamers will defy gravity with Dark Void’s unique vertical combat system and take to the skies with the explosive jet pack. To bring the real life flying experience to consumers Capcom will be hosting the Dark Void Body Flying Machine. Situated right outside the Consumer Hall visitors can literally blast off in a vertical orientated airstream at 180km/h. Consumers can then leave the show in one of 200 branded Dark Void taxis that will be driving through Cologne, but not before playing the game at the booth and receiving a limited edition Dark Void gift.

After journeying into the Void gamers can dive into one of the most beautiful titles ever created for the Nintendo Wii. GamesCom marks the western debut of Monster Hunter Tri. Visitors can experience the same game that took the Tokyo Game Show by storm last year where the queues stretched right around the Capcom booth with a waiting time of over two hours. Living the life of a hunter won’t be a solitary experience as gamers will be able to hunt co-operatively and form a team of up to four players to survive in a living, breathing eco-system where man co-exists with fantastic beasts.

Adding to the list of debuts, racing game fans won’t want to miss the exclusive worldwide showing of MotoGP 09/10. Taking the series in a refreshing new direction, gamers will get the chance to play a hands on demo and experience for the first time some of the new challenges that reward racing style and skill and not just crossing the finish line first.

Going from the race track to the fighting arena, the upcoming and visually stunning Wii title Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars will have fighting game fans’ fingers twitching. Players can choose from the combined roster of colourful characters to create the ultimate tag-team with the likes of Street Fighter favourites Ryu and Chun-Li and classic Tatsunoko stars Ken the Eagle and Tekkaman. Each character brings a unique arsenal of moves, including spectacular hyper-combos that literally take over the screen with devastating results.

European gamers will be able to experience the highly anticipated extensive multiplayer action of Lost Planet 2 as the title makes its worldwide debut on the PLAYSTATION®3. This impressive next instalment sees a return to the Lost Planet but offers gamers a series of totally new epic challenges with battles erupting on a planetary scale. Players will need to journey across a range of harsh environments and defeat giant Akrid in explosive four player co-operative play where skill and team work will be tested like never before in an epic fight for survival.

Also available to European gamers for the first time is Spyborgs, the upcoming beat-em-up brawler coming exclusively to the Wii. Designed around the two-player co-operative experience, gamers will need to slash and pummel their way through hordes of mechanized enemies and wickedly challenging boss battles.

To complete the line-up Capcom has teamed up with Intel to bring visitors to GamesCom the fear they’ll never forget. PC gamers can be among the first to experience the survival horrors of the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 5 for PC. Intel will be showing the game which takes full advantage of the intelligent multi-core technology in the Intel® Core™ i7 processors on a series of high spec PC’s in their dedicated RE5 booth situated in Hall 9.1, 61A.

Interesting. Wonder if they'll announce any new TvC characters here?

Kyoufu

Can't wait to see more of Lost Planet 2. I hated the first but from what I've seen of the second it could turn out to be something special.

PS3 version better not run like shit though :/

Kyoufu said:
Can't wait to see more of Lost Planet 2. I hated the first but from what I've seen of the second it could turn out to be something special.

Would they be showing it if it was running poorly?

JB1981

Kyoufu said:

I'm sure the fake AA or whatever they use will look nice and blurry and lack all the detail of the 360 version.

topofuji

Banned
Hopefully Capcom still isn't using the same old MT Framework engine that makes games look and run better on 360 but look and run like shit on PS3.

It's 2009 and things have changed, I can see why they may have given lower priority to it pre-2008 however.

John

I see them doing the PS3 version as a way of assuring the poor sods who bought Extreme Condition (myself included) that they've got it down.

evolution

The first LP had many annoyances, but for some reason i couldn't stop playing it. I hope they at least tone down the motion blur this time around.

Nemesis_

topofuji said:
Hopefully Capcom still isn't using the same old MT Framework engine that makes games look and run better on 360 but look and run like shit on PS3.

It's 2009 and things have changed, I can see why they may have given lower priority to it pre-2008 however.

They're using the next version up, which is the first game to use it. So perhaps they've ironed out those kinks. Either way, we'll hopefully see how MT Framework 2.0 lives up to expectations for PS3 users come GamesCom.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I was about to make thread about the DEAD RISING media blackout...

but yeah, wassup with DEAD RISING 2???

oh and cool, LP2 on PS3, hope it looks and plays awesome. And i how they have a new Demo.

evolution

topofuji said:

That engine may be better suited for the 360, but i wouldn't say its shitty on PS3. Capcom just need to get rid of the 5 gig install bullshit.

Chinner

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
I was about to make thread about the DEAD RISING media blackout...

but yeah, wassup with DEAD RISING 2???

oh and cool, LP2 on PS3, hope it looks and plays awesome. And i how they have a new Demo.
We were going to to see a presentation of DR2 at E3 but then swine fu about. This was made worse by the fact that only Capcom was allowed to demo it, as opposed to the actual developers Blue Castle.

The Silence is strange though, and could suggest many things.

Violater

Kyoufu said:

I started feeling good then bam reality :(
I hope it's on par as well.

topofuji

Banned
evolution said:
That engine may be better suited for the 360, but i wouldn't say its shitty on PS3. Capcom just need to get rid of the 5 gig install bullshit.

This is true, some cases were more severe than others. Example...Devil May Cry 4 I believe had a more consistent framerate on the PS3 (and ran scenes at constant 60fps while Xbox 360 ver was 30fps, correct me if I'm wrong). Both versions looked good but I believe I may have even heard the PS3 version came out a tiny bit sharper and vibrant in color.

Resident Evil 5...missing detail and texture in various scattered elements of the PS3 version (noteworthy: the water in Chapter 3) and had slight framerate issues compared to the 360 version. 360 ver colors were more vibrant, less jaggy lines, etc etc.

Lost Planet 360 version vs. PS3 version...should I even get started? To rub salt in the wound, Capcom then exclusively released the expanded edition, Colonies, on 360.

As for the installs, I don't really mind them, even if they don't affect load times by much. Or maybe I'm a special case because of my 500gb HDD. :lol (But when I had 60gb I was able to easily manage installs anyway)

Oneself

Please please please Lost Planet 2 better be on par with the 360 version. The original port was crap, make us forget about it.

topofuji said:

Why are you blaming the engine when its quite clearly the hardware at fault? All multiplatform engines perform better on the 360, and better still on the PC, why should MT Framework be any different? Its still one of the most technically proficient PS3 game engines, the fact it performs below the Xbox 360 iteration is irrelevant.

Synless

Violater said:
I started feeling good then bam reality :(
I hope it's on par as well.
RE5 and LP are the only games that ran worse then the 360 versions and not that much worse either. DMC4 ran better or does everyone forget this?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kintaro said:
Whatever. Show the PC version please. :lol
They have, and it looks gorgeous:

2dp3b9.jpg

JudgeN

So all the footage we seen so far has been from the PC version right? Have they ever shown the 360 one yet?

Violater

Synless said:
RE5 and LP are the only games that ran worse then the 360 versions and not that much worse either. DMC4 ran better or does everyone forget this?

I welcome being pleasantly surprised, until then I will remain cautious.
LP1 was a mess of a port on PS3, though this is something that was raised as a concern directly to the Devs by the PSblog team.

Edit: JudgeN seems to give an explanation that assuages my fears.

lupinko

brain_stew said:
Why are you blaming the engine when its quite clearly the hardware at fault? All multiplatform engines perform better on the 360, and better still on the PC, why should MT Framework be any different? Its still one of the most technically proficient PS3 game engines, the fact it performs below the Xbox 360 iteration is irrelevant.

I wouldn't say all, prior to patches to make it on par with the PS3 version, Criterion's Burnout Paradise engine had some issues on the 360.

eso76

Synless said:

PS3 DMC4 looked awfully blurry and lacking all fine detail of x360 version, at least on my setup. Cutscenes did run at 60fps though.

Violater said:
LP1 was a mess of a port on PS3, though this is something that was raised as a concern directly to the Devs by the PSblog team.

Lost Planet was ported by an external development team and actually ran at a higher framerate than the 360 version, it just wasn't locked at 30fps.

Violater said:

Lost Planet was ported by an external development team and actually ran at a higher framerate than the 360 version, it just wasn't locked at 30fps.

Nizz

Nice! Can't wait to see Lost Planet 2. They must feel pretty confident in the PS3 version to be showing it off at GamesCon.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Lost Planet 360 version vs. PS3 version...should I even get started? To rub salt in the wound, Capcom then exclusively released the expanded edition, Colonies, on 360.
It really didn't look much worse, though.

The PS3 port was not handled by the same development team nor were the results even as bad as people suggested. The first shots were garbage, but the final results were not THAT bad. It was mainly the framerate that was a problem (ranged from 60 fps to sub-30, which really made it seem worse than it was had they locked it at 30). Textures and such seemed exactly the same, however.

Top Bottom