• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ciel nosurge DX and Ar nosurge DX announced

Bullet Club

Ciel nosurge DX and Ar nosurge DX announced

Platforms and release date not announced.

PrA8XJ4.jpg

Publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Gust have announced Surge Concerto series titles Ciel nosurge: Ode to a Lost Star DX and Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star DX. Platforms and a release date were not announced, but a teaser trailer and main visual was released, and teaser website was launched.

Ciel nosurge was first released for PS Vita in April 2012 in Japan. Ciel nosurge Re:Incarnation, re-release including all of the original games patches and downloadable content, was released in February 2013; and Ciel nosurge Offline, an offline-only version of the game, followed in October 2014.

Ar nosurge was first released for PlayStation 3 in March 2014 in Japan, followed by PS Vita as Ar nosurge Plus in October 2014. The PlayStation 3 version was released worldwide in September 2014, followed by the PS Vita version in July 2015.

u44cByS.jpg

Watch the teaser trailer below.

Source: Gematsu

Bullet Club

Ciel Nosurge DX & Ar Nosurge DX for PS4, Switch, & PC Reveal New Trailer & First Gameplay

Today, during a livestream from Japan, Koei Tecmo revealed new footage of the remasters of the Surge Concerto series, Ciel Nosurge DX and Ar Nosurge DX.

We get to see the first trailer related to both games, and then we move on to the first gameplay of Ciel Nosurge DX.

After that, we also see gameplay of Ar Nosurge DX, including exploration and battle.

If you’re unfamiliar with the original games, Ciel Nosurge was the first game created by Gust for PS Vita after the acquisition by Koei Tecmo. It’s a life simulator in which the player had to help a girl named Ion regain her memories.

The game shares the setting with the more well-known Ar Tonelico even if it’s not a direct sequel or prequel. It was originally released in 2012 exclusively for the PS Vita.

Ar Nosurge continued the series in 2014 for PS3 and PS Vita, shifting the genre to JRPG.

Ar Nosurge was actually localized in English between 2014 and 2015, while Ciel Nosurge never landed on the western market. At the moment, we don’t know whether the DX remasters will be localized.

They will be released in Japan for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (via Steam) on January 28, 2021.

Source: Twinfinite

Pejo

Ar no Surge is actually my favourite JRPG on Vita and Ar Tonelico in general is still some of Gust's best (particularly 2)

Glad to see it coming back
I hate the naming they use, well, that Gust uses in general. I had no idea this was related to Ar Tonelico. I loved both of those games on PS2, though I barely remember much about them anymore.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I hate the naming they use, well, that Gust uses in general. I had no idea this was related to Ar Tonelico. I loved both of those games on PS2, though I barely remember much about them anymore.

Its worth replaying the second especially if you have the restoration patch that fixes all the dialog and restores all the voice acting.

Pejo

Its worth replaying the second especially if you have the restoration patch that fixes all the dialog and restores all the voice acting.
I'll have to look up that patch later. It's a shame that despite the current gen publishers love affair with releasing remasters, we never get these little hidden gems. I'd buy a Ar Tonelico collection (and a Shadow Hearts collection) in a heartbeat.

Ar nosurge is one of the best games I ever played. The characters are so much fun, the story is fascinating, the music and voice acting are peak JRPG. Its also one of those games that prove a JRPG can write better romance than a WRPG.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Balls.

It's been delayed until March 4th.

That's fine. I'd rather a game get delayed and released as a functioning product than having to deal with day one patches.

Top Bottom