• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you ever go thru a personal "dark age" of gaming?

PS3 generation motivated me to "quit" gaming for a couple years. I had recently gone through a trophy hunting phase and played stretch of critically acclaimed western developed games that I didn't enjoy at all. I ended up selling most of my collection and my gaming activity was limited to a select handful of games on PC & mobile for a good stretch of time.

The SNES Classic was my gateway drug back into gaming. I beat every game on it.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Yeah, i'm going through it now and the last few years, i haven't bought a brand new game for 2 years since i got Cyberpunk cheap when it announced support for the Nexus mods, roll on Starfield!.

SteadyEvo

Only if my mood is really shitty. Life kicks my ass I’ll workout and game more than usual to ignore the world around me.

Ulysses 31

During the gamecube era/start of Wii era, I still bought games but barely played them. Wasn't till years after the Wii U launched my interest in gaming was reinvigorated.

I'm going back to those games soon after I've acquired the gear(upscalers/line doublers with composite/component to HDMI converters, modern retro gamepads, RGB/Component cables) to play those on modern displays without it being a blurry mess.

I may even mod my N64 with the Ultra HDMI mod to get the best picture out of that since my N64 had a NTSC to PAL mod that degraded the picture somewhat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom