• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition coming to Switch, PC on October 18

Mista

Banned

Bandai Namco is bringing both Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory to Switch and PC on October 18 as Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Compete Edition, the publisher announced during the “Future of Digimon” panel at Anime Expo 2019.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth was first released for PS Vita in Japan in March 2015, followed by PlayStation 4 and PS Vita worldwide in February 2016. The PlayStation 4 version was later released in December 2017. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory was originally released for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan in December 2017 and worldwide in January 2018.

Here is an overview of each game, via Bandai Namco:
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

About

Lost-in to solve a digital mystery infecting the real and digital worlds! Set in the near future, the line between the real and digital worlds is blurred. Logging into cyberspace is part of everyday life. For one teenager, a harmless on-line chat spawns a chance encounter with a mysterious hacker. Little did this teen know, this brief meeting would lead to a digi-monumental adventure. In Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, scan, raise, and train your faithful Digimon companions to battle by your side against a group of hackers. Do you have what it takes to crack this digi-case?

Key Features
  • Featuring more than 200 Digimon from the animated series!
  • Become a detective to investigate and gather clues to solve the digital mystery!
  • Turn-based battles return! Connect attacks together for more powerful combos!
  • Scan, raise, train and battle Digimon. Digivolve to unlock more powerful forms!
  • Traverse and explore the vivid and immersive environments of the real & digital worlds.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory

About

Get ready to dive back into the digital world in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory.
Set in the near future, the line between the real and digital worlds is blurred and logging into cyberspace is a part of everyday life. In the shadows lurk hackers utilizing computer viruses called Digimon to commit mischief and crimes.
Framed and accused of wrongdoings, Keisuke Amazwa has no choice but to dive into the digital world to not only clear his name and prove his innocence, but to protect his loved ones.

Key Features
  • The Untold Story – Discover the mysterious backstory to the events that happened in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.
  • Cyber Punk Atmosphere – Dive into a deeper & darker adventure where the real world and technology blend seamlessly
  • Featuring more than 320 Digimon from the animated series!
  • Scan, raise, train, and battle Digimon in classic turn-based gameplay.

I wonder if the PC and western Switch versions will keep the Sistermon Noir intact or remove it entirely like with the western PS4 version.

zenspider

Oooh! I'm not even a Digimon fan in particular, but I played this to death on both PS4 and Vita. A great pickup for any JRPG fan who hasn't played it yet, and it's Perfect For Switch TM.

Cynn

I would grab the Switch collection but I have hundreds of hours into the games on PS4 and don’t feel like a retread. I’d done it on an Xbox version to show support for Japanese games on the platform though.

Switch will really kick the series into popularity though. I feel like the hardcore Nintenho’s will eat this up. I’ve really enjoyed the new generation of Digimon games.

Saber

Gold Member
This game is freaking great. Great looking Digimon models and tons of Digimons to get and evolve to. The game even comes with farms so you can over your digitalized mons.

Best thing is once you beat the game, you can carry all your digimons to a new game +. Theres also 3 save slots, so no worry about trashmon limitations.

Like Dragon Quest, this is another great game that if no one has played yet I suggest going for it.

As a side note I wonder how much of visuals this game gonna cut to fit on Switch. It visually destroys Pokemon in terms of visuals and models.

Last edited:

Quezacolt

As a side note I wonder how much of visuals this game gonna cut to fit on Switch. It visually destroys Pokemon in terms of visuals and models.
Comparing to pokemon isn't saying much, since that's one of the worst looking switch exclusives

Fbh

This is cool.
I wanted to play the first one (as the story sounds more interesting) but it got delisted from PSN.

So I'll probably pick this one up. PC sounds tempting but because of the style it might be a better fit for the Switch

Cynn

This game is freaking great. Great looking Digimon models and tons of Digimons to get and evolve to. The game even comes with farms so you can over your digitalized mons.

Best thing is once you beat the game, you can carry all your digimons to a new game +. Theres also 3 save slots, so no worry about trashmon limitations.

Like Dragon Quest, this is another great game that if no one has played yet I suggest going for it.

It will most likely look better than the PS Vita versions and they both look great. I don’t see why it can’t look as good as on PS4 honestly. There’s no open areas or etc to tax the engine. Honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked to see it come in at 1080p docked as well.

Edit: Maybe if this takes off on Switch a competitive community can grow. I had a lot of fun in battles for the two months or so the first two games lasted after launch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom