• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Apex Legends PC Live Play: Ryzen 3 2200G vs RTX 2080 Ti vs GTX 1060!

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Introduction:

In a first for DF, watch Richard, John and Alex being massacred in a live play of Apex Legends - That is, a live stream, posted after the fact.

Goal of this video is to showcase how the game runs on a variety of setups and see if 60 FPS is maintainable aswell as discussing technical effects seen in the game.

Setups used:

Rich:
  • Ryzen 3 2200G (2 GB VRAM allocation)
  • Radeon Vega 8 IGP
  • 16 GB DDR3
  • 900p/low (Rich will use DRS when possible)
Alex:
  • Core i5-8400
  • Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB
  • 16 GB DDR3 (I think?)
  • 1080p/max (Alex will change settings to low mid-video to test framerate caps and use DRS also to improve framerates)
John: ( D dark10x )
  • Core i9-7900X
  • Geforce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • 2160p/max (Except one setting on high)
  • Plays with XBO control and records the gameplay simultaneously
Personal thoughts:
It was definitely a different kind of video to see to say the least. It was odd that Alex's setup had a lot of framerate issues and hitting sub-40 even. On the other end, it was great seeing Rich hitting 60 on a base level system definitely looked fun. John's setup is basically NASA PC equivalent spec, 1000 dollar CPU and 1000 dollar GPU... it lands you some amazing sights to say the least.

Although it was a first and a bit cringey (Especially for Alex's sake) you can tell they enjoyed doing this. It is a lengthy video, 45 mins, but its well worth a watch if you just want to relax and see how amazing poor the team is in Apex Legends, but it had some funny moments.

All in all, Apex Legends is a really scalable game, perhaps slightly less so than Titanfall 2, but for a BR game, its very good. Loved Rich's humour though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom