• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you ever scroll through your game library and suddenly find a game that you have no memory of ever buying?

Spyxos

Everytime i browse my Steam/Epic/Gog/Bnet/Psn/Xbox library....

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun was what I found in my collection and played a lot.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Definitely. I got this on PSN for $1 and forgot all about it.

images

Fbh

Buying? no.

But between givaways, Ps+, Epic games store free games, etc I have definitely found stuff in my library that I didn't remember I had access to.

Woggleman

There are a ton of PS Plus free games that I never touched and probably won't but I grabbed them when I saw them.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not with games purchased, but definitely with a lot of freebies via GwG, Epic Games etc.

Robb

Gold Member
Usually happens at console launches for me, I tend to buy a few launch games that I end up not having time to play. I had Snipperclips on my Switch forever until I actually played it. Great little game, very fun to play CoOp.

Dr.Morris79

All the time, infact it's happend so much I cant even remember the damn games either.

Nope tell a lie, my last was Grime on Steam, still havent played it.

Thief1987

I have much more games in my library than I will ever play, but my hoarding case is not that severe, as I remember everything that I buying.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm disappointed that none of you understood the reference from the OP and posted a funky GIF image in response to it. For shame.

coffinbirth

make-up-unprepared.gif

The older I get, the more frequent these instances occur.
Most recently I remembered that Amazon Prime gives away games, and there were literally dozens in my library I had forgotten about. Last time I actually dug into one of these unearthed treasures was when a friend was over and we were looking through my various libraries for couch co-op games and stumbled across Nidhogg. Had no memory of buying it, but there it was...and we played the shit outta it. Good times.

Completely unrelated, but if anyone here is a Vampire Survivors fan looking for another fix, might I suggest Halls of Torment? It's in early access, but it's worth every penny of it's $4 asking price. Hopelessly addicted. Consider this a PSA.

Quasicat

I have some 400 games installed on my Xbox and have started using the Surprise Me button. When I don’t know what to play, I hit that button and immediately ask myself, “what is this and when did I buy it?”

I have no idea what most of the games I own are. It's easy to get to hundreds or thousands of games for not much money with bundles. Then I go looking for a new game and still have no idea what to play.

Sojiro

Steam the thread lol. Lots of shit came included in various bundles that I don't recall getting in my library. Maybe a few impulse summer sales purchases too

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I have no recollection whatsoever of getting over half of the games in my Steam library. But many of those games also precede Jesus.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I have no idea what most of the games I own are. It's easy to get to hundreds or thousands of games for not much money with bundles. Then I go looking for a new game and still have no idea what to play.
I remember reading somewhere that if you're faced with up to half a dozen choices then it's much easier to decide upon something, but as soon as you get too many things to pick from, your brain just sort of tunes out and you probably won't make a decision at all.

That's why I kinda stopped mindlessly scrolling through my libraries and usually just try to categorize my games in various ways. It's much easier to pick from a smaller number of categories than looking over individual games.

Last edited:
Oh yes, frequently! I have over 1,000 games in my Steam library which have been bought since I installed it for Half-Life 2 back in, I think, 2004. I used to buy a lot of games in the Steam Sales which I ended up never playing but because I have so many games now, the sales usually don't have much to offer and I only usually pick up 1 or 2 now instead a dozen plus! That is probably a good thing really!

I remember reading somewhere that if you're faced with up to half a dozen choices then it's much easier to decide upon something, but as soon as you get too many things to pick from, your brain just sort of tunes out and you probably won't make a decision at all.

That's why I kinda stopped mindlessly scrolling through my libraries and usually just try to categorize my games in various ways. It's much easier to pick from a smaller number of categories than looking over individual games.
I use this Steam filter. That way I can at least narrow it down by tag.

But then you remember what Jack Burton always says at a time like this, and you're like: "what the hell..."

And then you play it and it turns out that it's actually pretty awesome game and you end up playing it for hours.

Did that ever happen to you? If so, what was the game?
I laughed because of the Jack Burton pull

This has never happened to me because I buy games only if I intend to play them then and there.

I'll absolutely go out of my way to claim a freebie I already own elsewhere, though

R6Rider

Gold Member
Sometimes, usually stuff I bought on Steam.

Since I have games across so many storefronts and so many free titles, I now keep a spreadsheet that lists everything. Instances where I'm not sure on if I have the game already I can easily find out.

BossLackey

Gold Member
I'm cataloging my games right now instead of working and I definitely noticed a few that I don't remember buying.

Though that goes for all the free Epic Game Store games too.

SHA

Alzheimer's symptoms? Carnivore diet is bad for the brain, Human memories are the most precious thing they could ever have.

Hudo

I rediscovered Brigador last week. And according to steam, I already played 20 hours of it before. I didn't even remember having bought it (I might have been drunk when I bought it back then).

Fuz

Banned
Do you ever scroll through your game library and suddenly find a game that you have no memory of ever completing?

F31 Leopard

I bought a game that I already had in my back log. Completely forgot I had it. Now I have 2 copies. I check my library before I buy games now.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Yes, usually as a result of drunk buying video games.

Not a game but most recently I bought Star Trek: The Motion Picture when I was really high on lorazepam and I forgot that I bought it.

Top Bottom