• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr Eggman voice actor getting canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holammer

So there's a strange happening going on right now with Mike Pollock, THE long time voice actor for Dr Eggman and he did tons of other voices in animation and videogames.
In a nutshell, Mike posts some trollish tweets and fans start wondering if his account is hacked, Mike starts hosting a Twitter Spaces to talk with fans and things quickly go down[green]hill.
Stuff happens and now a chunk of the Sonic fandom is berating him as a Zionist.

Here's a video digging into the drama, recommended by some random twitter users complaining over how the YT comments support Mike. Thanks Frankie the Eccentric.

graywolf323

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Krathoon

Yeah. He was originally Eggman.

I do like what they did with the Sonic movies and how Jim Carry is gradually looking like Eggman.

Chukhopops

Holy moly that interview is something else entirely. Asking the Eggman voice actor what he thinks about the hostage strategy because « he plays a military strategist on TV » was unexpected.

There isn’t even a timeline anymore, it’s just random events until the end of the universe.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I’ve never understood why his name changed from Robotnik to Eggman and because of that unnecessary name change I actively dislike the character now
His name is Robotnik. Sonic called Robotnik Eggman because he made fun of Robotniks body since it is shaped like a egg. And Sonic is a simple minded character. Therefore Eggman. And it stuck ever since. It's been this way since the original comics.

However in Japan the name was always Eggman.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I’ve never understood why his name changed from Robotnik to Eggman and because of that unnecessary name change I actively dislike the character now
His name is Eggman in the original Japanese release but Dr Robotnik came from the western localisation, in the end because Robotnik became so popular Eggman become a nick name and Dr. Ivo Robotnik was his real name.
So not a name change, both are valid and canon and can be used.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Because USA touching japanese work. See Power Rangers, DB Evolution, etc...

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Sounds like the perfect time to finally hire Danny DeVito.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So there's a strange happening going on right now with Mike Pollock, THE long time voice actor for Dr Eggman and he did tons of other voices in animation and videogames.
In a nutshell, Mike posts some trollish tweets and fans start wondering if his account is hacked, Mike starts hosting a Twitter Spaces to talk with fans and things quickly go down[green]hill.

Here's a video digging into the drama, recommended by some random twitter users complaining over how the YT comments support Mike. Thanks Frankie the Eccentric.

So he is being harassed for supporting common sense and not supporting terrorist scum?

We should make him an honorary hero in the gaming space.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Every country is born out of Zionism, which is the will of a people to have a country. Jfc. Just say you hate Jews because they’re better than you and spare us the charade.
This so fucking much. People seem to not know what Zionism actually is or perhaps it's just willing ignorance as an excuse to be an anti-semite.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Every country is born out of Zionism, which is the will of a people to have a country. Jfc. Just say you hate Jews because they’re better than you and spare us the charade.
I just don't understand. What's their justification for the Browns having their 10 plus ethno states, yet jews can't even have 1?

Toots

Gold Member
His name is Robotnik. Sonic called Robotnik Eggman because he made fun of Robotniks body since it is shaped like a egg. And Sonic is a simple minded character. Therefore Eggman. And it stuck ever since. It's been this way since the original comics.

However in Japan the name was always Eggman.

"His name is Ivo Robotnik. Sonic called him Eggman because he's a cis-het-able-bodied-blue-male scum. His racist and mysoginist alt right pepe culture prevents him from understanding the deeply problematic aspects of his "joke". Between this and his unability to acknowledge his homosexual attraction toward Tails (just like in Top Gun, i mean they made so much references to the greatest american gay movie of all time -like Tails being a pilot, Knuckles being the obvious iceman to Sonic's maverick, the vilain Ivo Robotnik being russian, etc. - for something), i almost feel sad for him...Almost."

mjyrn3D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom