• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA sets record for most Platforms for a Multiplatform Game?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
haha, N-Gauge
I'm not even sure why they bother

:D

Rhindle said:
Scary to think we could be up to 10 supported platform next year ...

That is scary... to the publishers. They simply cannot support that many platforms. And worst of all, it means that EVERY version of the game is so watered down to support the various input options, graphics, etc.

By and large, I hate multiplatform games. They simply have no "soul" or identity. 95% of my library are exclusives.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Count in the cellphone version for the FIFA 2005 (FIFA 2004 actually came out for several cellphone platforms such as Symbian and Mophun). Also, the inevitable PSP version, and likely DS version as well.

neptunes said:
what about the psp?

I think that's what he's saying with 10 platforms next year.

1) Gameboy Advance
2) Gamecube
3) Nintendo DS
4) NGage
5) PC
6) Playstation
7) Playstation 2
8) PSP
9) Xbox
10) Xbox 2

and maybe

11) Tapwave?? (They've gotten Tiger Woods right)
12) Standard smartphones

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Well at least we won't have to discuss who has an "non-multiplatform" exclusive game on the most consoles *cough*capcom*cough*

akascream

Banned
I entered this thread thinking they set a record for the highest number of surfaces to jump around on in a platformer. :retard

DCharlie

Banned
strangely, and not related to the above, i'm just reading an emu mook here and looking at the number of systems Space Harrier made it to :

1. Arcade
2. Sega Mark 3
3. PC Engine
4. Famicon
5. Game Gear
6. Super 32X
7. Sega Saturn
8. Megadrive (actually Space Harrier 2)
9. GBA
10. Amiga
11. Amiga (2 versions exist)
12. Atari ST