• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Episode III: The Video Game

ManaByte

Gold Member
About a year ago, George Lucas was asked in an interview what his favorite Star Wars game was. He said "It hasn't been made yet. But it's in the planning stages."

The game he was talking about was the Episode III game, which is the first game at Lucasarts that has direct involvement from Lucas. Previously his only real involvement was approving or not approving elements that directly relate to something specific in the movies. For example, for Star Wars Galaxies they needed Lucas' personal OK to put Naboo in the game since it's set during the Galactic Civil War and at the time it wasn't known if he would or would not do something to the planet in Episode III. This is also the game that was originally referred to as the "Darth Vader game" in early rumor stories.

The only real thing know about the game is that it'll be an action game described to be the "ultimate Jedi simulator" and be the "KOTOR" of Star Wars action titles.

There's a preview for the game on the Star Wars Trilogy DVD set in September, and there's a free trailer for the set up at Amazon, which you can see here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00003CXCT/103-9308419-9710241

At the end of the trailer there is a short mention of the Episode III game feature, and there are two very tiny places where you can see the first tiny images from the game:

episode3_game1.jpg

EPISODE III SPOILER MASKED. DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED:
This above image looks to be the conference room on Mustafar where the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan begins at the end of the movie. If it isn't that, then it's the Federation Cruiser from the opening scene of the movie. Hard to tell due to the image size, but it's one of those two for sure.

episode3_game2.jpg

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
ManaByte said:
The game he was talking about was the Episode III game, which is the first game at Lucasarts that has direct involvement from Lucas.
Not necessarily sure this is such an exciting thing to learn of.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Bacon said:
Can't say I'm impressed with the small amount of game footage shown in that trailer...

They showed less than a second of footage. It's more of the first confirmation of the game rather than "HEY LOOK AT THESE GRAPHICS IN THIS TINY TRAILER FOR THE STAR WARS DVDS!"

Yeah, whoever expected them to show off a ton of footage or even a minute's worth is crazy. Not when the movie release is still a year off. I wouldn't expect more info till this fall with the official trailer and the OT DVDs are out.

That seen looks much more like the latter option, and the bottom one looks like the first (but that's with the making of..). I can't wait to see how that scene plays out.

ManaByte

Gold Member
DarthWufei said:
That seen looks much more like the latter option, and the bottom one looks like the first (but that's with the making of..). I can't wait to see how that scene plays out.

EPISODE III SPOILER DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED
Actually it IS the Mustafar conference room. The windows give it away as those are the windows from the conference room as is the table in the center.

ManaByte said:
EPISODE III SPOILER DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED
Actually it IS the Mustafar conference room. The windows give it away as those are the windows from the conference room as is the table in the center.

Very well then, I had never noticed that there was a Mustafar conference room scene at all. But that would make sense then. Heh I wonder how they're going to do this game. Probably just go missions to mission with different Jedi, but maybe they're let you go as Anakin during the purge of the Jedi? Hehe, I really can't wait for this film.

ManaByte

Gold Member
DarthWufei said:
Very well then, I had never noticed that there was a Mustafar conference room scene at all. But that would make sense then. Heh I wonder how they're going to do this game. Probably just go missions to mission with different Jedi, but maybe they're let you go as Anakin during the purge of the Jedi? Hehe, I really can't wait for this film.

EPISODE III SPOILER DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED. SUPER DUPER MAJOR SPOILER BELOW
The conference room is where Obi-Wan confronts Anakin about all the evil things he did while serving as Palpatine's personal bodyguard (killing everyone in the Jedi Temple including the Younglings with a squad of Stormtroopers, killing Mace Windu, etc.) and it's there when THE DUEL begins.

ManaByte said:
EPISODE III SPOILER DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED. SUPER DUPER MAJOR SPOILER BELOW
The conference room is where Obi-Wan confronts Anakin about all the evil things he did while serving as Palpatine's personal bodyguard (killing everyone in the Jedi Temple including the Younglings with a squad of Stormtroopers, killing Mace Windu, etc.) and it's there when THE DUEL begins.

Ah I see, and this is also the location of Anakin's attack on Padme I'm guessing. Didn't know that all took place there. Thanks for the clarification.

Top Bottom