• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] New discounts kick off today on PSN: Dark Souls II, Far Cry 4, more

What's in the driveclub season pass? I don't do the events that much (mostly just quick play stuff if I have a few minutes to kill) but if it includes all the car packs I'm in

From the store:

This Season Pass includes:
• 38 amazing cars from the world’s leading manufacturers.
• 176 extra Tour events for your single player career mode.
• 80 PlayStation® trophies to earn from the extra Tour events.
• 80 livery designs to customise your cars with.

Important:
• The Season Pass runs from November 2014 to July 2015 and includes all of the car packs, tour events and livery packs made available for DRIVECLUB™ during this time.
• One car pack, two livery packs and two tours are made available for DRIVECLUB™ every calendar month between October 2014 and July 2015.
• To use this Season Pass, you will need the full game version of DRIVECLUB™, available to download from PlayStation®Store.
• You’ll need a PlayStation®Plus membership to access online multiplayer.

Podge293

Not the best. Are they gonna do a Black Friday kinda sale does anyone know??

Also on a side note, how come Xbox doesn't have a similar weekly topic for its sales or am I just missing it ?

Also on a side note, how come Xbox doesn't have a similar weekly topic for its sales or am I just missing it ?

I think Sony is more regular with their sales than MS or Ninty, but I could be mistaken. Plus, the PS4 is the more popular console so I guess that might explain it?

I saw some leak of a Black Friday sale for PSN on twitter
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/666454231394611200

Not great on any platform. I might be interested in Wolfenstein if the discount was deep enough, but it probably won't be.

I'm guessing, as someone who wants to get into Dark Souls/Bloodborne, and having €20 on my account already, the extra €5 for Dark Souls II is a no-brainer? Or should I get the Bloodborne GOTY edition?

Played the entire series from Demon's to Bloodborne. Go for Bloodborne please, DS2 is the worst by a very, very significant margin. Would be sad if you dropped things because of that.

KORNdoggy

does the driveclub season pass include new tracks? or is it just new events on the existing tracks and a bunch of cars?

does the driveclub season pass include new tracks? or is it just new events on the existing tracks and a bunch of cars?

Tracks are free for everyone. So only new tours (with trophies), new cars and liveries.

Everyone that has the full game that is. PS+ edition users are limited to tracks in India. However, they do get to race on tracks from other countries in the free DLC tours. The same goes for season pass cars.

Really can't decide if I want to bother with DS2

DS was my first souls game and I really enjoyed it. However I like bloodborne way more.

For comparisons sake I completed dark souls through to NG+ defeating O&S. Where as I have a char on NG+++ on bloodborne as well as a couple of chars at various points on NG.

I don't think I can go back to a shield and I'm not sure I will enjoy shieldless in DS anywhere near as much as in bloodborne (although I might). It's slower pace is also putting me off a bit. Maybe just wait for DS3.

Saying that it's only £20 lol.

MMaRsu

Banned
Really can't decide if I want to bother with DS2

DS was my first souls game and I really enjoyed it. However I like bloodborne way more.

For comparisons sake I completed dark souls through to NG+ defeating O&S. Where as I have a char on NG+++ on bloodborne as well as a couple of chars at various points on NG.

I don't think I can go back to a shield and I'm not sure I will enjoy shieldless in DS anywhere near as much as in bloodborne (although I might). It's slower pace is also putting me off a bit. Maybe just wait for DS3.

Saying that it's only £20 lol.

Just get it, its pretty good. No BB tho. Shieldless seems undoable to me

Just get it, its pretty good. No BB tho. Shieldless seems undoable to me

Plenty of people seem to do it but I should treat it (rightly so) as a slightly different style of game.

I would just buy it for when I'm in the mood but I kinda swore to not do that so I dont ever end up in backlog hell again.

On the other hand there really isn't to much out for the next few months I'm concerned about. I have bloodborne DLC, I'm getting until dawn for my birthday and the order for Xmas. Both those and bloodborne DLC arnt long. I have destiny as a filler game (only been playing just over a week solo and already 40 so its a game to play when I'm in the mood).

So really I will prob have time to play it this year.....

*reads the above* I'm clearly trying to convince my self to buy it right?

Edit.....
Yeah I bought it lol. Maybe play it in december for some Xmas fun.

Dark Souls 2 introduced power stances which in other words is new movesets for compatible weapons when dual wielding. My second DaS2 playthrough on the PS3 version was done dual wielding two katanas with special properties and the damage can get pretty ridiculous. It was also a lot more fun than turtling. I don't think I've parried more than twice in that game and a vast majority of the shields don't have 100% physical block either.

So they definitely discourage turtling in that game. However they also made rolldodging pretty busted and it's pretty much impossible to dodge stuff with 100% certainty. Hitboxes and i-frames are just busted.

Anyway, shields are not mandatory, dual wielding rocks but it is pretty difficult.

Dark Souls 2 introduced power stances which in other words is new movesets for compatible weapons when dual wielding. My second DaS2 playthrough on the PS3 version was done dual wielding two katanas with special properties and the damage can get pretty ridiculous. It was also a lot more fun than turtling. I don't think I've parried more than twice in that game and a vast majority of the shields don't have 100% physical block either.

So they definitely discourage turtling in that game. However they also made rolldodging pretty busted and it's pretty much impossible to dodge stuff with 100% certainty. Hitboxes and i-frames are just busted.

Anyway, shields are not mandatory, dual wielding rocks but it is pretty difficult.

Cool thanks for the info. Will give duel wielding a go when I get to it.

GeeTeeCee

Damn, that Arkham Knight season pass isn't quite at the price where I would actually feel okay spending money on it. Not far off though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no Until Dawn ;_;

reading about those american black friday $20 deals is killing me :/

no Until Dawn ;_;

reading about those american black friday $20 deals is killing me :/

Until Dawn (and other PS4 games) is rumored to get a retail RRP drop to 20,95€ during all of December in Germany at least. Maybe this is also true for other countires (If it's true at all)

Minamu

Seems I won't be getting Dark Souls 2 again. Even with the new price, it's not a good idea to rebuy it when I already have the platinum. I was somehow expecting to get an additional ps+ discount on top of the listed price. Still, finally got Grim Fandango and the Driveclub season pass (annoyingly, you gotta manually find and click to "purchase" each of the tours?) I ended up with over 35 emails from Sony thanking me for my purchases...

A few more discounts just went up that weren't mentioned on the blog

https://psprices.com/region-de/discounts?platform=all&sort=date

Plus Prices

Defense Grid 2 7,19€
Grim Fandango 5,99€
Citizens of Earth 4,80€
Costume Quest 2 7,50€
Actual Sunlight 3,84€

They're in the Digital Discounts section. SOMA's in there too.

Good to see some DLC go on sale. I think I'll get the Driveclub season pass, as I've been holding out on getting it for ages, as well as the last two Dragon Age Inquisition story DLCs.

Also, I'll repeat it here since SCEE doesn't seem to read or bother with the comments anymore: Why the fuck has Hotline Miami 2 been removed from the NZ store?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Played the entire series from Demon's to Bloodborne. Go for Bloodborne please, DS2 is the worst by a very, very significant margin. Would be sad if you dropped things because of that.

Very much disagree.

Dark Souls II on PS4 is a very fine game indeed, and offers excellent value for money especially at the discounted price.

The additional areas and the re jigged placement of enemies really elevate the game from the vanilla release, as do the numerous tweaks and bug-fixes that have been folded-in.

Terrific game, severely underrated around these parts.

thenexus6

Just grabbed both the Rocket League DLCs.

Nice to see Costume Quest 2 on sale finally almost three weeks after Halloween has finished.

Griss

Just picked up Dark Souls II and Far Cry 4. Went with the basic version of FC4 as I don't know anything about the season pass and most likely won't ever get that far lol.

As for DSII I'm worried that having played Demon's, Dark (twice) and Bloodborne (recently, my GotY) that there's no way it can live up to those. Also worried about the 60fps fucking with my head, when I'm so used to 30fps for these games.

Wasp

So in 2014 Costume Quest 2 wasn't released until after Halloween in the EU, then in 2015 Costume Quest 2 didn't go on sale until after Halloween...

Are they crazy?

Top Bottom