• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Instincts XBL details (User-created maps!)

Rhindle

Ubisoft. Just. Rules.

Though the Xbox version will have the same storyline as its PC counterpart, playing through the story won't be exactly the same, as the maps will be tweaked as well as given some new additions. Throw in sixteen player multiplayer on Xbox Live and a powerful map creator, and Far Cry: Instincts is primed to follow its PC brother in its success.
Far Cry: Instincts has a couple features that the PC game didn't get. There will be several brand new locations to explore, such as abandoned mines, aquatic labs, and others. A jet ski has also been added, which comes in handy to quickly zip around the water (you are on a tropical island, after all). Live play will also be supported with over eight unique modes. Deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag are obvious, but so far Ubisoft is keeping mum on the other modes.
Probably the coolest feature for Instincts is a full-blown map editor giving players to create their own maps for split screen play and to upload to Live. This is a powerful addition that is traditionally a PC feature and will add loads of longevity as gamers test their creativity. The editor has been specially designed for the Xbox controller to ensure easy map creation, and you can even switch from editing and playing with the push of a trigger. That's right, from the editing mode, you can immediately hop into the map, take a look around to see how things are working, then jump back to editing mode and continue tweaking.
http://www.gamedaily.com/xbox/preview/?id=193&game_id=2882

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Tre said:
Whoo! Welcome to 1995, Console-gamers!

Edit:

Had to include more:

Why on earth has it taken this long for usercreated content on Xblive?

Suikoguy: Good question. Honestly, Crimson Skies should've had a create-a-plane mode like it's prequel did. JSRF should've had custom custom tags. There's really no excuse what with the hard drive.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Tre said:
Suikoguy: Good question. Honestly, Crimson Skies should've had a create-a-plane mode like it's prequel did. JSRF should've had custom custom tags. There's really no excuse what with the hard drive.

Exactly, its been one of my biggest complaints about xbox live.

epmode

microsoft's policy on user-created content has recently changed. i'm pretty that part of the reason for the change of heart had to do with getting ea to sign on.

B E N K E

I thought everything that was put up through Live had to go through some approval by MS. So that people don't create maps where the trees form obscene language or any such atrocities.

pilonv1

Probably the coolest feature for Instincts is a full-blown map editor giving players to create their own maps for split screen play and to upload to Live. This is a powerful addition that is traditionally a PC feature and will add loads of longevity as gamers test their creativity.

Split screen play? Boo-urns, I want new maps for Live :(. It's a start though.

Mason

B E N K E said:
I thought everything that was put up through Live had to go through some approval by MS. So that people don't create maps where the trees form obscene language or any such atrocities.

LOL, you know it'll be about two hours before that happens, too.

Top Bottom