• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floor plan and available titles at Nintendo Switch Experience (Japan) revealed

kubus

Official website just updated.

zWDbxD4.jpg

I translated the booth descriptions:

1. 1-2-Switch Booth
You can play the game which has you compete with your opponent while looking at each other. You can try out the Joy-Con's "HD Vibration" and "Motion IR Camera" features as well.
2. Nintendo Switch Tour
In the form a tour, you can try out three different play modes of the Nintendo Switch. Playable titles are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Snipperclips.
3. Nintendo Switch Exhibition Corner
The Nintendo Switch system, all its peripherals, packaging, etcetera will be displayed here.
4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Booth
You can play 20 minutes of the beginning area of the game. Within this time limit you are free to switch from TV Mode to Handheld Mode. In front of the booth you'll find a statue of the hero Link.
5. Splatoon 2 Booth
Play two matches of Fest Match (Nawabari Battle in TV Mode. The winning team may play one more match in Handheld Mode.
6. Splatoon 2 Picture Corner
Four new weapon types will be exhibited, including the new weapon "Splamaneuver". You can pick up the weapon of your choice and take a picture.
7. Event Stage
Developers will be showcasing games and there will live performances. Programming will include various events taking place over the two days.
8. ARMS Booth
Can play with two players in TV Mode (split screen). Inside the booth is an actual ring where actual exhibition matches will be held. Developers will comment on techniques and tricks.
9. Super Mario Odyssey Picture Corner
Mario standing on the deck of a huge ship. Behind the ship is a 600" screen playing which will display various backdrops of the game's sceneries.

10. Third Party Corner:
• Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers
TV Mode and Table Mode playable
• Romance of the Three Kingdoms
TV Mode playable
• Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
TV Mode playable
• Super Bomberman R
• Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
• I Am Setsuna
TV Mode Playable
• Minna de Waiwai! Spelunker
• Puyo Puyo Tetris S
TV Mode and Table Mode
• Disgaea 5
TV Mode playable
• Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
TV Mode playable

Entry is free. Will be going tomorrow, expecting craziness.

Dee Dee

8. ARMS Booth
Can play with two players in TV Mode (split screen). Inside the booth is an actual ring where actual exhibition matches will be held. Developers will comment on techniques and tricks.

Enjoy seeing console wars re-enacted by pro-wrestlers!
Have fun, and if you take requests (?) please take a pic with the Splatoon weapons and try Bomberman.

Looking forward to reading impressions from this.

kubus

Enjoy seeing console wars re-enacted by pro-wrestlers!
Have fun, and if you take requests (?) please take a pic with the Splatoon weapons and try Bomberman.

Looking forward to reading impressions from this.
I'm still not quite sure if they actually mean people will be boxing in that ring, or if it's just the setting for the demo pods xD.

I plan to take tons of pics but I fear it's going to be cramped. Hope I'll have time to check out most of the titles. Will post impressions :)

daffy

Banned
Thanks op. Could you also get impressions of Dragon Quest Heroes AND if possible could you ask them if its the international version of both titles? Language options, subtitles etc.

I'd really appreciate it...

bluexy

Takashi Mochizuki, a Wall Street Journal reporter, just did a Periscope walk-around. The third-party corner was completely empty. Every station had zero players, zero line.

kubus

Takashi Mochizuki, a Wall Street Journal reporter, just did a Periscope walk-around. The third-party corner was completely empty. Every station had zero players, zero line.
It opens tomorrow to the public. If there's people walking around now, it's press.

Danchi

I'm gonna try and go to this tomorrow, too. If any other Gaffers want to meet up and hang out, let me know.

Jonnax

The lists looks like it's mostly ports of already released games.

kubus

I'm gonna try and go to this tomorrow, too. If any other Gaffers want to meet up and hang out, let me know.
Actually looking for people to go with, as all the usual suspects have cancelled. I don't know if I can go tomorrow though :/

Any other gaffers going? Queuing is more fun in groups :p

kubus

Lol line closed for Splatoon 2 well before the event even opened, and within an hour Zelda, 1 2 Switch and Nintendo Switch Tour have been cut off too. It's already full for the rest of the day.

Waiting time before you can enter the venue is 60 minutes.

Yep it's crazy..

L Thammy

• Romance of the Three Kingdoms
TV Mode playable
• Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
TV Mode playable

I want to meet the person who goes into event for an unreleased console and chooses to play a slow-paced strategy game that is already released.

TiVo

So how does one go about being a "booth person"?

Do they hire "booth people"? Is there a "booth people" union/temp agency?

How do they get up and running with the demo and knowledge of games we had no idea about until reveal?

Top Bottom