• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[G/A/F] Mother punches 10 year old son for playing too much Fortnite, dislocates his jaw

JSoup

Banned
He should have gone to a netcafe and played counterstrike

Don't even need to go that far. My nephews play fortnight on school computers. Teacher told me at one point that he his job was to teach a subject, not police video games.

My nephews play fortnight on school computers.
Where I went to school they had that shit on lockdown. Of course there are ways around that...I can't speak for the kids of today of course, but 10 year old me didn't even know how to install Windows, much less that by thinking outside the box an installation disc could be used to gain SYSTEM level access on any machine you have physical access to, allowing you to make a new local admin account...or just change the password on any pre-existing ones. Oh if I knew all the tricks I know now...the fun I could've had back then. I would've been a major thorn in the IT department's side.

petran79

Banned
Don't even need to go that far. My nephews play fortnight on school computers. Teacher told me at one point that he his job was to teach a subject, not police video games.

Interesting. Difference is that this would give a valid reason for parents to complain. At least on netcafe it is the parents responsibility.

Nickolaidas

Sounds to me like there is probably a lot more to this story.

Not necessarily. The mother could just be a person unable to control its temper and is quick to lash out, especially towards things and people she doesn't feel justifying herself or believes she owns.

Not everyone is well-suited to become a parent, but unfortunately most get a pass unless they're bat-crazy. And even that's not a 100% guarantee the person won't procreate.

I kept reading the mother's explanation expecting to eventually see her address the fact that her son somehow ended up with a broken jaw, but nope. "He stormed out!" And then you hit him? "I went to talk to him about his attitude" And then you hit him? "He threw rocks at my car" Which is when you hit him? He slipped on a rock and fell on his jaw?

Nothing. How did she think "my side of the story is much longer, considerably more detailed, and doesn't explain a thing about his jaw" was the way to go?

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
It’s almost as if intelligent people with resources are choosing self discovery. Which is great, but unfortunately idiots like this are having most of the kids now. I’m hoping society has this epiphany at some point in the near future.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

pawel86ck

Banned
See, this is what happens when the political and social correctness won't let you slap your kids... the parents eventually end up losing their shit and over react.

A lil' slapping is great to determine limits and respect, it guarantees your kids won't become uncontrollable jerks.

And it only has to be done once or twice, after that just "the stare" is enough :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I think you are correct. If that boy would be punished (even gently) for bad behavior when he was younger, he would respect his parents and follow the rules. Kids who dont fear their parents do whatever they want, and of course like you have said parents eventually will lose control and when in real fury that's when they can do very bad things to their kids.

My father has punished me only few times, but he do it in the right moment when I was very young, so next time I was always listening to him because I knew otherwise I would be punished for bad behavior. I have to say all people from my family who were punished at young age become a normal adults, who respect the rules and can be considered a good people.

My sister has 8 year old kid, but because she listened to experts and her emotions she never wanted to punish her son for bad behavior. Her son became worse and worse, and there was a time when I had to baybisit him for whole one day. When he became rude I have slapped his butt. Of course he cried for about 10 minutes like crazy but I have paid no attention to it. When he noticed I dont care if he cry or not that's when he stoped crying. He started playing again with toys, but this time he has listened to me every time. When my sister has returned she was surprised her kid behaved like an angel. I have told her what had happened and later on he even addmited maybe punishment wasnt a bad idea after all. IMO kids really need a father figure, who will teach them respect and rules, because without the rules, there's chaos.

Around 20 years ago there was popular TV show for moms, where female teacher was explaining in details how to rise young kids. Everyone has refered to her as super nanny. Of course she explained, no punishemt should be allowed. Not so long time ago newspaper wrote about her adult son, because he became a criminal. People in my country were in a state of shock, but I laughed so hard 😂.

Last edited:
I wonder if retardera will be like "good! Punch men! Down with patriarchy!"

They would praise punching a 10 year old kid if the kid and parent were white.

I praise the mother for finding the cure to Fortnite addiction.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom