• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFFERS CRYING!! ESPGALUDA found to be the cause!

Belfast

If it weren't for freeplay mode, there's no way I'd get through this game. :(

On the other hand, I guess its a good thing that its so hard. They nerfed the bomb-esque special attack for bosses and there's no fruity "color-changing" in order to absorb bullets (well, there kind of is, but its a temporary thing only).

The last boss had me crying the most....

3 forms, all with quite a bit of health AND in the final part of his final form, using a special attack HEALS him. This is, of course, to say nothing of the millions of bullets flying around you.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
continuing is for syphilitic nazi collaborators. 1 CREDIT 4 EVA.

...i suppose i could've said "pussies." but i wanted to try something new.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
which is fine! think of how much more tense and satisfying it'll be when you can get to the final boss on one credit.

i'm not just being an elitist lameass - arcade shooters are much more fun if you don't credit feed.

epmode

never played it. this fact is my life's greatest shame.

it would be neat if someone would dump/decrypt it.

Fularu

Banned
epmode said:
never played it. this fact is my life's greatest shame.

it would be neat if someone would dump/decrypt it.
It already is, but the romset is bad (well uh.. as a matter of fact, crashtest is an old friend of mine, for those in the known :p)

Belfast said:
If it weren't for freeplay mode, there's no way I'd get through this game. :(

On the other hand, I guess its a good thing that its so hard. They nerfed the bomb-esque special attack for bosses and there's no fruity "color-changing" in order to absorb bullets (well, there kind of is, but its a temporary thing only).

Do you understand how kakusei mode (the bit where the bullets change color) works? It slows the bullets down, yes, but its primary benefit is that enemy shots turn into gold when you kill them in this mode. Also, while in kakusei, enemies often shoot more bullets, so you can switch, wait for them to fire a volley, and then kill them and collect the medals. Effectively, it's usually easier to stay alive if you stick to normal mode. The bullet patterns are not particularly cruel for the genre, and staying in blue-bullet mode will keep them at a consistently reasonable speed.

There is a potent bomblike attack: the charge attack that's activated by holding button 3. The more enemy shots you suck up while charging, the stronger the attack when you release the button. It works sort of like the barrier/mosquito in Giga Wing and Mars Matrix. Of course, this uses green energy, and your amount of that is limited, just like a stock of bombs.

Top Bottom