• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

jonnyXx

So I tried Candace with Arle. I get what they're going for since apparently Arle has a really long ICD on Vape, but it just doesn't feel good to play. To be fair, my Candace was built for EM since I use her in the Nilou team, but even if I went full HP/ER I don't think it'd be a satisfying way to play. It just shows how bad they screwed Candace. I have her at C6 and even still the burst is so short that it's hard to fit properly into a rotation, and her skill is pathetic (should have been a 10~ second Hydro shield effect on Hold).
I think she is good for aoe scenarios like below (loudness warning, might want to mute the clip).
Because of the aoe hyro application Arlechinno can vape all 3 Maguu Kenki at once whereas with Xingqiu/Yelan she would only be able to Vape on 1 of the 3 Maguu Kenki.

Maybe Sucrose would make a good 4th for the VV shred. I think it stacks with Zhongli's shred?
Yea they work in tandem, VV shreds elemental resistance and Zhongli shreds Def.

jonnyXx

4-7-character-banners-via-fullstopchan-conveyed-by-hxg-v0-ErlWKg2FE8r_U0bBcBrxscE8mKmZyS7abDpIZIYNuis.png

Clorinde paired with Alhaitham and I may actually pull on the weapon banner as I'd be happy with either weapon.
And if they put Chevreuse and Fischl on there then first phase banners will be🔥.
Come on Hoyo...Do it!

edit*
damn forgot Sethos will be on first phase. No way Fischl will be there then.

Last edited:

Pejo

Clorinde paired with Alhaitham and I may actually pull on the weapon banner as I'd be happy with either weapon.
And if they put Chevreuse and Fischl on there then first phase banners will be🔥.
Come on Hoyo...Do it!

edit*
damn forgot Sethos will be on first phase. No way Fischl will be there then.
Depending on the 4*s these are some of the better banners we've had in a while. Wish it was Furina paired with Chlorinde though, I don't want to lose 50/50 on a weapon banner to a healer weapon, especially a healer bow.

Chev is the only 4* at this point that I'm interested in, so I'd like to see her on a banner that I want the 5*.

As the only person on the planet who's interested in Siggy's bow, I was hoping she'd get paired with Nilou. Furina's sword doesn't seem that good unless you have cons to fix her massive energy issues.

Considering these leaks, the best possible scenario for me would be Siggy + Clorinde, but the chance of that happening is low. And it would piss off everyone else.

Pejo

As the only person on the planet who's interested in Siggy's bow, I was hoping she'd get paired with Nilou. Furina's sword doesn't seem that good unless you have cons to fix her massive energy issues.
It was fine until bolded, for me:

Equipping character can gain the Remedy effect. When they possess 1/2/3 Remedy stacks, their Max HP will increase by12%/24%/40%. They can gain 1 stack in the following situations: 1 when using an Elemental Skill for 25s; 1 for increasing Bond of Life value for 25s; 1 for initiating healing for 20s. This can still be triggered when the equipping character is not on the field. Each stack's duration is counted independently. Also, when you have 3 stacks, Elemental Burst CRIT Rate will be increased by 28%. This effect will be canceled 4s after you fall under 3 stacks.
I mean I guess there's Diona, and possibly another future bow character that could benefit slightly from 2/3 of the HP bonus, but the fact that they force the Bond of Life mechanic into it to receive the Crit buff rubs me the wrong way. There will likely never ever ever be another character that can activate that passive, and they know it.

It's similarly bad in Arle's polearm, and even worse because they lock a LOT of visual flair and style behind having it, but I don't like the idea of supporting this type of shit. I caved on Arle because how pleasantly surprised I was by her and the fact that it really improves her style, but I can't justify that for an off-field supporter like Sige.

It was fine until bolded, for me:

I mean I guess there's Diona, and possibly another future bow character that could benefit slightly from 2/3 of the HP bonus, but the fact that they force the Bond of Life mechanic into it to receive the Crit buff rubs me the wrong way. There will likely never ever ever be another character that can activate that passive, and they know it.

It's similarly bad in Arle's polearm, and even worse because they lock a LOT of visual flair and style behind having it, but I don't like the idea of supporting this type of shit. I caved on Arle because how pleasantly surprised I was by her and the fact that it really improves her style, but I can't justify that for an off-field supporter like Sige.
Completely understandable. I only consider it because I really like Siggy and there's hardly any F2P options in the game. But I don't want to risk getting a weapon I don't want.

Pejo

Completely understandable. I only consider it because I really like Siggy and there's hardly any F2P options in the game. But I don't want to risk getting a weapon I don't want.
Don't forget the weapon banner isn't really 50/50 on the featured weapons anyways. When I rolled for Arle's spear, the first weapon I got was Skyward Atlas. So there's always a way for it to fuck you. But yea, no shame if you like her/ the weapon.

Kinda shit that the Crit stat they went with was Rate instead of Damage. It's kinda useless because the benefit of having it there is that you wouldn't have to build as much Crit% in the damaging Burst user's kit. But, unless the only purpose they have is a Burst nuke and no other contribution, you'd still need to build them for Crit% for other aspects of their kit. Meanwhile if it was a CDMG buff, it'd benefit any character and be additive. I guess for those people still playing Shogun Burst DPS, it'd let you swap out Crit Rate hats for Crit Damage.

Don't forget the weapon banner isn't really 50/50 on the featured weapons anyways. When I rolled for Arle's spear, the first weapon I got was Skyward Atlas. So there's always a way for it to fuck you. But yea, no shame if you like her/ the weapon.
Yeah, I know. I think it's 37.5% chance each for the featured weapons and 25% for the off-banner ones. If I were to get two Furina swords before the bow, I'd be super pissed.

Kinda shit that the Crit stat they went with was Rate instead of Damage. It's kinda useless because the benefit of having it there is that you wouldn't have to build as much Crit% in the damaging Burst user's kit. But, unless the only purpose they have is a Burst nuke and no other contribution, you'd still need to build them for Crit% for other aspects of their kit. Meanwhile if it was a CDMG buff, it'd benefit any character and be additive. I guess for those people still playing Shogun Burst DPS, it'd let you swap out Crit Rate hats for Crit Damage.
I assume that Crit Rate is only for the wielder themselves, not shared with the team. Siggy's burst is purely damaging, and she will likely struggle to build much Crit otherwise, so that's why they built that in. I doubt she's gonna deal massive damage regardless. Maybe with a bunch of cons. Anyway, that bow seems super specific to her. A shame.

Pejo

I've been reading through Imaginarium leaks (new endgame mode next patch), and I have to say, I'm actually a bit excited to try it out. Seems like interesting mechanics and lots of little niceties to make it more fun. Like there's a "select a soundtrack" option to listen to music you wanna hear while you play it. Small details that I think will go a long way to making it fun. Also you can borrow your friends' characters and use them.

Top Bottom