• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good beer has ruined normal beer for me, have you had similar experiences?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
“Normal” beer is watered, carbonated piss. I’m still debating if I should be offended by the mention of plain Moretti in this thread. Moretti makes some special editions that are worth it, like those dedicated to some Italian regions. Their regular beer is terrible.

Even Leffe is on a wholly different level compared to the cheap supermarket brands.
There’s so many worthy beers that I couldn’t make a top 10 if you payed me to do it. Going around in Italy and trying out some local brands you’re guaranteed to find some excellent beers, just like it is for wine.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
“Normal” beer is watered, carbonated piss. I’m still debating if I should be offended by the mention of plain Moretti in this thread. Moretti makes some special editions that are worth it, like those dedicated to some Italian regions. Their regular beer is terrible.

Even Leffe is on a wholly different level compared to the cheap supermarket brands.
There’s so many worthy beers that I couldn’t make a top 10 if you payed me to do it. Going around in Italy and trying out some local brands you’re guaranteed to find some excellent beers, just like it is for wine.
You leave me and my cheap 12pack Moretti's alone, if it's ice cold it's drinkable

This is my go-to beer but I couldn't be arsed driving down to the decent offies down the road from me to pick up a load

Thoroughly recommend this beer to those that like a crisp light lager with zero after taste

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
You leave me and my cheap 12pack Moretti's alone, if it's ice cold it's drinkable

This is my go-to beer but I couldn't be arsed driving down to the decent offies down the road from me to pick up a load

Thoroughly recommend this beer to those that like a crisp light lager with zero after taste
A one two punch of terrible beer, Moretti and then Sam Smith's?! That's a pub chain I refuse to go in as the beer is so foul. Most be about ten years since I visited one, however. Has it improved?

Sorry to be someone else pouring scorn on Morretti. I do hate it though.

The stranglehold Moretti and Peroni has on Italian restaurants means I'll drink wine even if I fancy beer quite often.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Bitburger is my jam.

My weapon of choice:

su0IHr0.jpeg

I only drink beer when I'm in Germany.
I need to try this fine looking drink :pie_thinking:

It's funny you should say Germany too, the last beer I had was actually in Düsseldorf during the news years event. That was great fun.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
As for answering OP's question; yes. I don't think I can go back.

A one two punch of terrible beer, Moretti and then Sam Smith's?! That's a pub chain I refuse to go in as the beer is so foul. Most be about ten years since I visited one, however. Has it improved?

Sorry to be someone else pouring scorn on Morretti. I do hate it though.

The stranglehold Moretti and Peroni has on Italian restaurants means I'll drink wine even if I fancy beer quite often.

I ain't defending Moretti's beer, it's drinkable and that's it's only quality but I will fight you outside over Sam Smiths

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
As a Czech, I like pretty much (liked, no longer drinks) liked all alcohol, but not beer, which is sacrilige to say here

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I ain't defending Moretti's beer, it's drinkable and that's it's only quality but I will fight you outside over Sam Smiths

Would you be drunk?

And ofcourse I can drink some of the better tasting normal beers.

It's like can you eat a supermarket pizza after having one at a pizzeria.

But I'd rather not.

No hyperbolic snobbery here

TheUsual

Gold Member
For a "normal" beer, I always like a Miller High Life but only in the glass bottle.
Perfect on hot days and you just want something that isn't too heavy.

I don't get the hate for IPAs. Great Lakes Brewery does seasonal double IPAs and right now is my favorite of them: Lake Erie Monster!

0focjr0.jpeg

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
walter white GIF

Although I'm playing stalker. That's a Dual Sense.

Firefight is just around the corner 🤣

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

I don't really enjoy the Budweisers of the world, but I do have simple taste. Any Sam Adams seasonal is good to me, or any Belgian white or wheat ale, really. ABV 6% or below. I can drink IPAs but don't like them.

Rayderism

To me, there is only cheap beer and over-priced beer. All beer tastes nasty, it's just that some are nastier than others. The trick is to find the cheapest one that tastes the least nasty to your palette. Buying over-priced beer is literally just pissing your money away. The cheapest stuff is all I need.

JCK75

Yea I've become quite a beer snob, I don't drink to get drunk only to enjoy what I'm drinking so I'll pass on a beer if they don't have anything that appeals to me.

Top Bottom