• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Gotham City Sirens' Is Still In Development, Despite Rumors Of Cancellation

Link.

Rumors and speculation continue to spread this week about the future of Warner Bros.' DC Comics adaptations. I addressed the rumors yesterday in an article here at Forbes, and today I've got additional information to share that debunks a persistent rumor making the rounds on many sites. When word of a Harley-Joker Mad Love type movie project surfaced, some outlets claimed it was possibly taking the place of David Ayer's Gotham City Sirens project on the DCEU slate. Today, several outlets are running stories asserting Gotham City Sirens is cancelled and that Mad Love (as I'm going to refer to the Harley-Joker project for now) is indeed the "replacement" project.

Well, you can safely ignore those stories, because I've confirmed Gotham City Sirens is still in development. Here is what I was told by a Warner insider:

Harley, Catwoman and Poison Ivy are super important to us-- And a super cool team, too!

The all-female superhero/anti-hero Gotham City SirensR team-up project is very different in terms of concept and the role it plays in the larger DCEU, not to mention nuances of target demographics and character development, compared to Mad Love. So there has been no shift of the concept or project to replace it with a criminal love story featuring Harley Quinn and the Joker.

Indeed, it's possible that Mad Love could set up the eventual breakup of Harley and the Joker, as a way to set up Harley's new independent lease on life that leads her to team up with Poison Ivy and Catwoman for Gotham City Sirens. Maybe we'll see Poison Ivy make a cameo or other sort of appearance in Mad Love, to establish her and lead into the eventual team-up.

More at the link.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm willing to bet that Gotham City Sirens, Joker & Harley, and Suicide Squad 2 don't all get made. 2 out of the 3, but not all.

If Sirens is still happening, why not put it on your Comic Con slate? The director was already known and you already announced it. Why omit that but add on projects that don't have writers or directors yet? That makes zero sense. Even if it's far off, most of what you're talking about is 2020 and beyond. So yeah... don't believe it.

Ross61

I'm willing to bet that Gotham City Sirens, Joker & Harley, and Suicide Squad 2 don't all get made. 2 out of the 3, but not all.

If Sirens is still happening, why not put it on your Comic Con slate? The director was already known and you already announced it. Why omit that but add on projects that don't have writers or directors yet? That makes zero sense. Even if it's far off, most of what you're talking about is 2020 and beyond. So yeah... don't believe it.

Because it's not happening in 2020. Most of what is coming on the slate is up to 2020. I'm willing all 3 get made and in this order: Suicide Squad 2 then Joker and Harley and then Gotham City Sirens. GCS and Joker And Harley are probably apart of Robbie's WB deal.

Sirens is a great idea. It should definitely take priority over Suicide Squad 2 or whatever crazy solo plans they have for the Joker and Harley.

But get Ayer away from this asap. I know he's not entirely to blame for Suicide Squad but a Sirens movie should be fun. And Ayer doesn't do fun. Give him Squad 2, that brand is already tainted. Hell, give him Vigilante, nobody will care either way.

Ross61

Sirens is a great idea. It should definitely take priority over Suicide Squad 2 or whatever crazy solo plans they have for the Joker and Harley.

But get Ayer away from this asap. I know he's not entirely to blame for Suicide Squad but a Sirens movie should be fun. And Ayer doesn't do fun. Give him Squad 2, that brand is already tainted. Hell, give him Vigilante, nobody will care either way.

With how much money SS2 made, GCS definitely won't take priority over it.

The reporting on these DC properties has gotten to the point where I'm just like whatever, if it comes out, it comes out. Too much rumours, hearsay and general bullshit to actually follow these news. It's too much work for fucking comic book movies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Does this Forbes Contributor have a good track record with WB rumors?

And is this really the full quote he got from his "insider":

Harley, Catwoman and Poison Ivy are super important to us-- And a super cool team, too!

Cause that's not really saying much either way. Lol

Cool I'm very interested in Gotham City Sirens movie but I can understand why Suicide Squad is the priority since it made a lot of money for them. A Mad Love movie is an interesting idea I see that working but I wouldn't put Ayer on it.

shira

The reporting on these DC properties has gotten to the point where I'm just like whatever, if it comes out, it comes out. Too much rumours, hearsay and general bullshit to actually follow these news. It's too much work for fucking comic book movies.
Hehehe it's the Trump brand of spin recovery. Make them so sick and confused with rumors and crazy announfements the online community gets overloaded, bored and tired of news/fake or legit

Top Bottom