• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ground Control 1 - Free! (LEGAL)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
DOWNLOAD:
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/142438.shtml

Activation Key:
http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/groundcontrol.aspx

Yes yes it's FilePlanet, and I understand that some of you hate it with a passion but please bear with me.

This is an officially sanctioned release of the original Ground Control for free. It includes the multiplayer demo of GC2 along with it as a means to drum up anticipation of the game. You also need to visit the "Activation Key" url that I provided in order to get a key to unlock the game (HENCE TEH NAME).

It's definitely a worthy download, if I can recall correctly the original was an extremely enjoyable strategy game that concentrated on managing of units instead of base building (like WarCraft, et al).

Tortfeasor

Of course it is not worth downloading unless they include the Ground Control Dark Conspiracy expansion which is fantastic and really improves on the original game.

Of course I am biased here... I was the both the producer and a level/story designer on GC: Dark Conspiracy. :)

If you download the original GC, make sure you seqarch around for the Dark Conspircay expansion... It is really worth playing!! Go to massive to check out where to find it.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
More developers should loosen up a little and release their older games like this. If nothing else, at least it's good PR for the sequel and their other games.

Vlad

I don't mind fileplanet so much, but every time I try getting to the page to download the file from, it never finishes loading...

Priz

Is this fixed to run under XP or something? I seem to remember the original being great (ESPECIALLY the online multiplayer), but horrible stuttering and other stuff when running under 2000 or XP.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Windows XP performance seems decent so far. I don't see any issues with it at the moment. This is the fully patched version release BTW.

The Activation Key is for Multiplayer only. So far it doesn't seem to have any impact on the single player campaign. You can input your Activation Key under options within the multiplayer menu.

You also do not have to install the multiplayer demo either, I simply cancelled the installation and finished the setup program myself.

Vlad

Ok, this is getting irritating. I've been trying to grab this since it was posted, but for some reason, Fileplanet's list of servers just isn't appearing...

Is there anywhere else around to grab this yet?

Top Bottom