• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Growlanser Delayed :/

Mock

Banned
Just saw that Growlanser Generations didn't get out this week. Eb games has it listed at 8/10 now.

I'd complain if I didn't have a stack of SRPGs to get through anyway. I've already got La Pucelle Tactics, Front Mission 4 and Advance Wars 2 in rotation anyway... it'll take at least two months to get through all those as is... maybe more.

Not to metion I also have AtL Collection, Final Fantasy Tactic, FFTA, Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, Shining Force and the Arkz side of PSO III to finish, too. At this rate the next two Fire Emblems will be here before I know it ><

I expect it around this time next year. And like the author of this post, I have so many damn SRPGs to finish I don't really mind.

Edit: When it does get released though, it will kick ass.

Mock

Banned
Well, I was honestly oblivious to WD being big on delays. I got ATL Collection used waaay after release and honestly never cared for the Lunar series (a resounding meh). I like my SRPGs though, so its on my list.

I'm a patient man and have plently of other SRPGs to play, not to mention I'm still playing FFXI.

Shouta

What made you think it was going to be out in late June? I've always heard it as slated in mid-August.

I love SRPGs like few other Genres, but there have been too many of them lateley with no traditional RPGs for some time.

Thankfully, we have Tales of Symphonia and Star Ocean 3 to give us some variety. I was used to 1 SRPG a year, and the recent trend of games is too much, even if Front Mission 4 has had me in its unrelenting grasp for the past week.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Why does it matter?

I mean, it should be expected that their titles will be delayed. If you want one of them, you just sit back and wait and eventually it will show up.

We should know by now how WD works....slow... ok slow as hell but at least they do not screw up their games.

There is enough to play till August. FM4, ToS, SO3...

GO

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
WD used to be great back in the 16-bit and early 32-bit days, when they'd bring over titles no one else would. But let's face it, the way things are now, it's usually a bad thing when they get a license, since it takes them incredibly long to do a translation filled with bad jokes not originally intended for the original title, and companies like Atlus can get out the same titles in less than half the time it takes WD. :p

belgurdo

Banned
GermanOfficer said:
We should know by now how WD works....slow... ok slow as hell but at least they do not screw up their games.

Silhouette Mirage and the translations of games like Popful Mail and Albert Odyssey beg to differ

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I still have my Growlanser sword from E3 2 years back. Out of curiosity, is this the only game WD has been working on this entire gen?

signet

They did Silpheed: The Lost Planet and Gungriffon Blaze that came out at launch. WD was also porting a Goemon game to the PS2 but Sony put the kibash on that.

Culex

Banned
belgurdo said:
Silhouette Mirage and the translations of games like Popful Mail and Albert Odyssey beg to differ

I never had any problems with the US version of Popful Mail. The voice acting/dialog was by no means bad.

I liked the VA in Popful Mail. Don't remember that much of the game but I do remember that The Nutcracker (I think that was the name) being hilarious. Ofcourse I played the game when I was 12 so my opinion would probably be a little different now.

Soul4ger

signet said:
They did Silpheed: The Lost Planet and Gungriffon Blaze that came out at launch. WD was also porting a Goemon game to the PS2 but Sony put the kibash on that.

They weren't porting it... They were localizing it. And everyone, EVERYONE said that game was worthless. I think Sony did us a favor in putting the stops to that, for once.

Azrael

I think it's worth pointing out that if they hadn't decided to publish Growlancer 2-3, Atlus wasn't interested in publishing them, so they wouldn't have come over here at all. I'd rather have a company like Atlus bring over Growlancer 2-3 than Working Designs, but it was either Working Designs publishing them, or them not being released in the U.S. at all. Working Designs is so small fry at this point, if they're publishing something in the U.S., it's because they didn't have any competition from other publishers who were interested that could outbid them.

MoxManiac

You know, while I usually roll my eyes for WD's delay, I have to say i'm actually glad this time, as i'm not ready for the game yet.

I honestly should know better than to look forward to it though, after the mammoth dissapointment that was ATLC.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Urgh, with all the other stuff coming out this year, like I want to wait to buy this. I think I'm gonna check prices on the JPN versions...

Top Bottom