• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 Community Manager Has Been Fired After Bad Management

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It’s interesting how gaming seems full of folks who have no clue how to keep a job.

Still he fought the good fight.

Pop

Respect for doing what they did but they had to know it would cost their job.
There's no respect given here. It was just a dumb psn account

And why would you tell your playerbase to review bomb and refund...dumbass. Of course they should be fired

Spitz has always antagonised the community since the first Helldivers on Discord and at times acted like a complete prick. He was always going to be on thin ice with a game a popular as HD2 and everything anyone associated with it will get reposted and scrutinised. It a bad look for ArrowHead and an even bigger bad look for Sony.

The posts he made on the official discord about using fake email addresses or a vpn to link your steam account to psn in a effort to down play the drama probably didn’t go down very well as they are clear violations of the psn terms of service.
I kept thinking this dude was a mega SJW but everything I've seen of him so far is being against Sony and for the community. By screen caps of him being actually bad? Seems like he got fired for being a pain in the ass for Sony and encouraging anti Sony behavior rather than anything else.

tkscz

There's no respect given here. It was just a dumb psn account

And why would you tell your playerbase to review bomb and refund...dumbass. Of course they should be fired
They were someone who clearly understood their player base from an indie dev position but didn't quite understand that they had a big time publisher behind them, if they didn't think they would be fired afterwards.

Ovek

7Member7
I kept thinking this dude was a mega SJW but everything I've seen of him so far is being against Sony and for the community. By screen caps of him being actually bad? Seems like he got fired for being a pain in the ass for Sony and encouraging anti Sony behavior rather than anything else.

He deleted the "unoffical" Helldivers discord when people kept posting F in it when the Helldivers 2 servers exploded at launch. He had a little paddy melt down like a five year old.

When your community manager your supposed to rise above the childish drama like posting F repetedly, he didn't.

Solidus_T

Is this the same person who called everyone crybabies when they complained about nerfs to the rail gun? If so, lol

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Mind you the CM who posted and accused people of rape is still working there last I remember.

Mortisfacio

Banned
Now that he's been fired, will they unban everyone from the discord who got banned for not being totally overjoyed by the game?

Arachnid

That sucks. Telling customers to get refunds so Arrowhead can use it for leverage.......not a smart thing to do.

Pretty much not how it works
Not smart, but I love how transparent it is. Kind of refreshing, actually. He ended up being pretty spot on too, Sony be damned. Dude was GOAT

Last edited:
Top Bottom