• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Hitman" poses as delivery-man, shoots woman with a crossbow

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/16/americas/fake-delivery-man-crossbow/index.html

12312782-6925377-image-a-19_1555362147296.jpg

The attack, which is being investigated as an attempted murder, occurred in November in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. This week, police released video footage of the suspect at the victim's door in the hope that the person could be identified.

Emergency services responding to a Mississauga residence on November 7, found a 44-year-old woman suffering from life-threatening injuries and transported her to a hospital, police said in a news release Monday.

Investigators have since determined the victim answered her front door and was met with a person holding a large box. After a brief conversation, the suspect shot the woman in the chest using a crossbow that was concealed in the box. The suspect then fled to a dark-colored pickup truck, authorities said.

"The victim suffered massive trauma that was both life-threatening and life-altering," Ramore said. "The attack was meant to end the victim's life."

It's possible the suspect carried out the attack at the request of someone else, Ramore said.
The weapon used in the attack, Ramore said, is "commonly used by hunters to kill large game, such as moose and deer."

The suspect's right hand was in the box and investigators believe that arm was used to trigger the crossbow and fire, Peel Regional Police Detective Sergeant Jim Kettles said.

The victim was home alone, but managed to close the door and call 911 after the attack.

The woman spent several months in the hospital and will be in a "recovery phase for the rest of her life," Kettles said.

I dunno why but this story struck me as just batshit crazy. Motherfucker poses as delivery guy and then shoots a woman with a freaking crossbow? She survived, but it sounds like her injuries were/are substantial.

Hopefully he gets caught, but I guess this happened back in November and he's still at-large

The surveillance video footage has been released to public.

Last edited:

Fbh

Someone call the police and tell them that's a disguise and they should be looking for a bald man.

Seriously though that's terrifying. The poor woman not only got seriously injured but unless the police find who is responsible she will also have to live with the fear that there's someone out there who clearly wants her dead and is willing to hire a hitman to get it done

bilderberg

Anyone ever wonder how the hell hitmen get hired? It's one of those things I wanna search for, just for curiosity sake, but don't wanna be put on some suspicious watch list. How do you pick out the good ones from the bad? Would this guy have a 3/5 review for cleverness, but lacks persistence? Maybe you have to know someone who knows someone who knows someone?

Meowzers

Anyone ever wonder how the hell hitmen get hired? It's one of those things I wanna search for, just for curiosity sake, but don't wanna be put on some suspicious watch list. How do you pick out the good ones from the bad? Would this guy have a 3/5 review for cleverness, but lacks persistence? Maybe you have to know someone who knows someone who knows someone?

Usually dark web is where crazyness like that exists. Never been on there and never want to, but I've viewed people's experiences on YouTube and someone did come across an advert for a hitman.
I would say most of them would be police to catch someome plotting a murder, but there's some that probably would be genuine. Scary world we live in.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Anyone ever wonder how the hell hitmen get hired?

For a small period of time you could hire them on Silk Road. That was years ago, tho.

That site went from selling weed and hallucinogens to selling hard drugs to eventually selling hitmen. Real shame. The founder was a dumbass.

DiscoJer

I'm really skeptical this was a hitman. They would just use a gun.

I'm also really skeptical you could kill a moose with a crossbow. A bow, sure, because you can fire more arrows when needed. But a crossbow takes ages to reload.

Last edited:

Hellblueboy

In my country, Hitmen usually work under mob boss.
If you know the guys, they can arrange a hitman for you, some hitman even offer his service as a side job.

Mista

Banned
What a stupid hitman. Hitmen makes sure they finish the job, not shoot and run. I mean a crossbow? Come on son! This works only in Far Cry ffs

quickwhips

Dark web probably.

zeioIIDX

No idea, they probably ask around and find someone who has connections that knows someone on the down low. I mean gangs and mafias and stuff put out hits, right? And people know gang members and mafia members. So I guess if you got in contact with one of them or someone who knows them, you could request their...services. For a fee. That's some scary stuff. I just kinda wait for karma to bite the person I despise (my ex wife).

Crystalkoen

Everyone saying "shitty hitman" are assuming killing was the goal. This could just as easily have been "sending a message", and maybe not even to the lady that got Bolted.

Top Bottom