• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Racism Works in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamerloid

That's the thing. Just look what happens:

Sadly cops come to no surprise here, but I'd like to think college students would be more sensible instead of having the same results. I know it also depends on the location of course, some states obviously have a problem with race than others. It really is a shame how people can think this way. Growing up exposed to this behavior really embeds it right in you if you don't educate yourself on the matter but instead go along with it.

I find GAF to be really good for racial discussion. It pains me to read the comments in some of the articles we discuss here. Also from my experience, this is the only forum I have no problem with clicking on race threads.

fader

That's why I find it more irritating. Ta-Nehisi Coates put it perfectly.

And elegant racism, the sort that doesn't call attention to itself but functions nonetheless, is exactly what people need to argue that it's all a mirage, and in some cases actually believe it.

that article was so good. i need to look this guy up some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom