• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought an entire season of a tv show and only after realized I had already watched it.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
So, I just started my vacation today and decided I’d binge watch the 4th season of Better Call Saul.

I rented the first episode a couple of weeks back and watched it thinking it was totally fresh and new for me. So, today I bought the whole season for like $14.

I started the second episode and thought “Gee, this seems familiar.” Then at some point it dawned on me that I had seen the season before but for the life of me could not remember how it ended. So I watched the last episode... man, I must be getting old. How could I forget:

Mike’s first criminal assassination. One that meant he was going from sympathetic anti-hero to straight up bad guy. Or Saul’s epic speech before the board. The last words he spoke are going to be iconic for the series “It’s all good man.”

Apparently, I missed the first episode when it originally aired. Which partially explains my memory lapse. The series is so good though, that I went ahead and watched a few more episodes.

Something like this ever happen to you?

Last edited:
OP doesn't realize he's living in an alternate reality right now.

*remembers how my current world reality is*

LwjMzYm.jpg

Nymphae

Banned
Doesn't netflix have breaking bad already though? Why the need to buy it physically? Did you not have access to internet in your alternate reality?

DVD extras, sometimes my internet has went out, I enjoy selecting things from the DVD menus which are often lovingly crafted vs. the souless and user-unfriendly Netlifx UI, Netflix drops shows all the time so you're not really guaranteed this will always be there for you...

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Netflix should add the DVD extras to entice more subscribers, in my opinion.

I think the most important point was the one I edited in, many shows that I wanted to watch were later removed from Netflix, you have no guarantee that their library will remain on the service. I know in the states they pulled X-Files once, not sure if it's back? Also a few years ago, in Canada, I told someone about Kids in the Hall which I had just watched on Netflix, the next day the guy went to watch it and it had been removed. Buy things you want.

Last edited:

TTOOLL

I think the most important point was the one I edited in, many shows that I wanted to watch were later removed from Netflix, you have no guarantee that their library will remain on the service. I know in the states they pulled X-Files once, not sure if it's back? Also a few years ago, in Canada, I told someone about Kids in the Hall which I had just watched on Netflix, the next day the guy went to watch it and it had been removed. Buy things you want.

Started watching Freaks and Geeks on Netflix, two weeks later bye bye.

That's very true. It happened to me with Mad Men and then a year later, they brought it back but I've already watched it by then.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Doesn't netflix have breaking bad already though? Why the need to buy it physically? Did you not have access to internet in your alternate reality?

I got rid of Netflix awhile back. It would have been just as much to rent Netflix as it would be to buy this one season. But you’re missing some critical information about me:

I stupid

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
So, I just started my vacation today and decided I’d binge watch the 4th season of Better Call Saul.

I rented the first episode a couple of weeks back and watched it thinking it was totally fresh and new for me. So, today i bought the whole season for like $14.

I started the second episode and thought “Gee, this seems familiar.” Then at some point it dawned on me that I had seen the season before but for the life of me could not remember how it ended. So I watched the last episode... man, I must be getting old. How could I forget:

Mike’s first criminal assassination. One that meant he was going from sympathetic anti-hero to straight up bad guy. Or Saul’s epic speech before the board. The last words he spoke are going to be iconic for the series “It’s all good man.”

Apparently, I missed the first episode when it originally aired. Which partially explains my memory lapse. The series is so good though, that I went ahead and watched a few more episodes.

tenor.gif

I rented the first episode a couple of weeks back and watched it thinking it was totally fresh and new for me. So, today i bought the whole season for like $14.

Dude this shit happens to me all the time. I blame my issues on weed and over-consumption of media. I guess I enjoy my time spent with it all even if I don't remember much of it. Living in the moment. 🤷‍♂️

crowbrow

Banned
Im waiting for all the shows i like to finish before watching them. This stuff about seeing one season and then waiting a year to watch the next sucks. With so many good shows i can't keep up and forget everything i already saw when the new season arrives. The only one im watching now slowly is Mindhunter

GV82

I haven’t bought any like that but I have taken long breaks between binge watching box sets when the series is done, forgot which episode of a season I was on, put in the dvd disk, 1.5-2 episodes later of my rewatch, fuck suddenly I remember it very well.

I guess that’s why when they did weekly shows on TV if they took long breaks between shows like between seasons or mid season breaks, sometimes they’d air 1 -2 episodes prior to re-jog our memories.

No X-Files is still off from Netflix. :messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting:

Sorcerer

Netflix should add the DVD extras to entice more subscribers, in my opinion.

It would be a massive amount of trouble for something few people would watch. I got to give it Apple though, they have been great about the extras on the movies they sell. They seem to be one for one for extras with physical dvd/blu ray releases. (At least they were, haven't checked in a while).Of course Apple is purchasing as opposed to streaming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom