• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Localized Chaos Rings III surprise released now on iOS/Android

Stage On

Are we ever getting the Vita ports localised? I feel like the answer is probably no

No announcement at e3 so probably not. A real shame since I really wanted to play it and don't have an ios device. Too bad importing isn't really an option since the full trilogy isn't actually on the cart.

This kind of sucks.. I really don't want to play this series in Japanese but if a localization isn't announced by 2016, I'll have to cuz I refuse to play on phones if a vita ver is available

While not a great sign, this is the sort of game that Square tends to treat as a stealth release. Remember, it should up in Google Play without the least bit of fanfare, and Square didn't exactly promote Deadman's Cross before releasing the Vita version. Its also not very high profile. and given the shift from show floor to presentation format, and the much bigger projects Square had, I am not sure I would have given it attention outside of a brief collage at the end of their presentation.

So it is possible it will simply show up at some-point in the store once the English Vita version of Chaos Rings III is done. It is worth noting that is not out yet in Asia, but when it is I would kind of expect a stealth release with at most two weeks notice.

S-E releases a 20 buck mobile game -> "Hahahaha FUCK OFF!"

S-E releases a F2P mobile game -> "FUCK S-E! F2P GARBAGE! NOOOOOOOO!"

S-E releases a 20 buck mobile game -> "Hahahaha FUCK OFF!"

S-E releases a F2P mobile game -> "FUCK S-E! F2P GARBAGE! NOOOOOOOO!"

>Repeat endlessly

:)

Edit: Maybe I should have added a few more loops for the "released in Japan" -> "WHY ISN'T IT IN ENGLISH" -> "released in English" -> "LOL LATE PORT" cycle.
I admit, that mobius ff phone game is one of the best games they put out in years despite it being f2p.

GaussTek

Sorry for the bump, don't kill me! Couldn't find any more recent Chaos Rings III related thread :(

I was wondering, can I jump straight to this one without playing the other ones first? Kinda like the style of this one (after checking the screens and videos), but wondering if, story-wise, it's required to play the previous games before. Thanks!

Top Bottom