• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: Advance Tour

I picked it up on the day it hit shelves, it's awesome for anyone with doubts. Right on par with the Mario Golf 64, although I wish the "auto" impact thing would just go away, on those close chips and stuff it is kinda rough getting your fingers in the spots they need to be. That and the >4ft putts are still annoying, as it seems almost random if it will drop or just hang on the edge. Other than that it is quite nice. Another thing I noticed is the putting seems a bit to easy for much of the game, not much green reading needed, although on the small screen it would be hard with the camera view they give you. I would prefer if I could zoom in a little. But all and all I'm obsessed. Almost every night I play at a friends house while he plays something else, usually Socom.

Memles

I think I'm currently at like level 43 or something for both of the characters.

Note: If you've beaten the Links tournament, you can change your doubles partner's name. Press A next to the lamp in their room, and you'll start the little cutscene.

Don't think there is mini golf, as far as I know, but right now I'm working on getting the high scores in the events. Current high round is -21 on Palm Course.

Any Hole-In-Ones or Albatross' out there? I've got one of each.

Memles

Meier said:
So the place that says "Mini Golf coming soon!" is there only to get my hopes up? :(

I never put that together, personally, but no. It's basically just one giant hole, nothing more exciting than that, I'm afraid.

Both my Hole-In-One and my Albatross were using Super Back-Spin, something that us really quite easy to use in the game. Almost too easy.

It's really TT mechanics, but easier, more controlled, and just good in general.

Now, just a few more high scores, Elf's Mini Course, and then it's some levelling up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sweet. I like the music track that plays when you're getting the last medal when you play against a player in story mode

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Motoi Sakuraba is a very gifted composer. With just a couple of albums he's quickly vaulted high up on my list of favorites. With his Golden Sun games, he and Camelot literally pushed the GBA's sound output more than any other developer, 1st or 3rd party, imho.

epmode

my asshole partner sucks. she's at the same level as me, too.

doubles tennis (gbc) >>> doubles golf
and i didn't even like the doubles mode in mario tennis. computer controlled teammates are teh suck.

other than that, the game is incredible. it's like golden sun without the boring story/battle system.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
gawd, it's a 100x better than the GS games. And I'm not even particularly thrilled with the RPG elements, but it's a nice set-up and I'm very addicted. The partners do suck. My only real complaints are the occasional annoying slowdowns (to be expected I guess) and the fact that I can't turn off the sound for the pseudo-voices. That sucks.

Doubles Play is tremendous. It's basically Babysit The Retards. You hit a perfect drive, then watch three computer players smack the ball into a tree over and over.

I dunno, I really enjoy Doubles Play.

It sets you up with a series of more challenging shots you would never end up having to deal with playing singles. Sure, it can be frustrating, but it makes an otherwise easy game (thus far, I'm not too deep into it) a bit more sweaty.

Addictive as shit, though.

*Noel Coward Parody

VPhys

Ok this game is literally killing me. I just got it and I have to go through 30 minutes of fucking text before I can play. I'm really starting to think I've outgrown the GBA, I could care less about these characters or the story. :< When do I get to play some golf...

Top Bottom