• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 1&2 Remakes entering full production in Q2 2024

intbal

If they were new games, that would probably put them exclusively on 10th gen machines.
But the games are already designed. So a big part is already taken care of.
Spring 2026 release?

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Austin Powers Rocket GIF

Detected something

TVexperto

Higher budgets sounds to me like they cant work with the budgets they originally had, same issue like with their other games

If they were new games, that would probably put them exclusively on 10th gen machines.
Spring 2026 release?
No way if it takes them 2 years. People will have forgotten about it.

hinch7

As Rockstar are footing the bill and projects assumingly decently funded, fingers crossed that they are doing something else with this franchise. I'll take more Max Payne, even if a spin off.

KaiserBecks

I thought this was in full production already. Ooof, Remedy is notoriously unpunctual, I guess we'll see. In 2026. Then again, they don't have to build everything from scratch.

No idea what gave you that idea lol, they just put out AW2 a few months ago and have 2 expansions for that to work on too.

Also, Control 2 and that Control themed MP game.

They have a very full plate.
Probably cause they announced it a year ago and not everyone watches their plate . . . devs need to quit announcing things so early. IMO nothing should be announced more than 18 months before release.

00_Zer0

Keep Sweet Baby away from this or this could go very wrong fast. We do not need this to be a modernized take on these classic games. They were already good, and at least the first one is seen as a classic. The story line, voice acting and gameplay were already good on these older games. If they go too far off the deep end on these remakes then it ceases to be a true Max Payne game. In my opinion MP3 was already pushing it away from the original two games enough that I never touched that game.

Killer8

Spring 2026 release?

They'll need to redesign the whole game.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Remember remedy collaborate with sweet baby inc now so keep your expectations in check

The Anti-Woke crowd really is relentless isnt it?

Whats there to tone down?

Make her kill less people?
Make her look less like her actor?
How do you tone down Mona Sax, theres near literally nothing to tone down unless you just make her a new character at which point you might as well make Max a new character too......at which point the game might as well NOT be Max Payne anymore.
Shes supposed to be second only to Max in terms of body count, and she no damsel in distress so she gets the job done...............till:

vJDKgJx.png

It just depends who the actors are going to be for Max and Mona......doesnt really matter who they pick, the Anti-Woke will say Remedy have gone woke cuz the actress doesnt look as hot as Kathy.....even if Kathy is like 100 years old now.

maxresdefault.jpg

qLB7FAV.jpg

EUBC-yMUEAAuAet.jpg

Here's hoping they're still voiced by James Mccaffrey

Anything else is a massive disservice to the legend.

That ninja dead.
If they are only entering production now.....no chance the cat recorded new audio for this game.
And i doubt they would be using old masters.

Hudo

The Anti-Woke crowd really is relentless isnt it?

Make her kill less people?
Make her look less like her actor?
How do you tone down Mona Sax, theres near literally nothing to tone down unless you just make her a new character at which point you might as well make Max a new character too......at which point the game might as well NOT be Max Payne anymore.
Shes supposed to be second only to Max in terms of body count, and she no damsel in distress so she gets the job done...............till:

vJDKgJx.png

It just depends who the actors are going to be for Max and Mona......doesnt really matter who they pick, the Anti-Woke will say Remedy have gone woke cuz the actress doesnt look as hot as Kathy.....even if Kathy is like 100 years old now.

maxresdefault.jpg

qLB7FAV.jpg

EUBC-yMUEAAuAet.jpg

That ninja dead.
If they are only entering production now.....no chance the cat recorded new audio for this game.
And i doubt they would be using old masters.
Mona's gonna be a black dude and Max Payne will be the bottom.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Risky remake. Max Payne 1 and 2 are still perfectly playable and enjoyable today, so they better make a perfect remake with 0 flaws when being compared to the originals.

I'd bet they'll tone down the blowjob scene.

Last edited:

Fatbody

Half the game will be playable Mona Sax or a dual campaign thing like AW2. When you do play as Max, Mona will be on comms, verbally castrating him the whole time.

SHA

Sweet Baby Inc's version:

CSbK0Tv.jpeg
That'll destroy games even when there's nothing wrong about them, I don't really care about discrimination, I'm not talking about it here, but if the audience wanted me too in games, it's wiser if easterners did it without any complaints, that would be a lot better.

Last edited:
Going by how good Alan Wake 2 looked. This game is going to be gorgeous. The story and gameplay are already fantastic. Cannot fucking wait.

Mobilemofo

I hope we get a reversible cover for the physical version. New take of Max on the Cover, but when you reverse it, it has the OG cover of him looking like he's mid shit. Would be superb.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Half the game will be playable Mona Sax or a dual campaign thing like AW2. When you do play as Max, Mona will be on comms, verbally castrating him the whole time.

Yes, many times over the years. Her part is very brief and I guarantee they’ll use that to justify her playable for half of the remake if not more.

You make that sound like a bad thing?
More Mona Sax is good Mona Sax, itll make her death even more impacful.....she only kills like 100 or so people in the OG.
Her bodycount (no pun intended) needs to be much higher this time around.

FEAR should be the next big remake series.
Surely you mean only the first one.
The only way to salvage Project Origin and 3 is to completely rewrite them.

Top Bottom