• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Anniversary Col. = $22.99; Shinobi = $12.99 @ Fry's Electronics

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bay Area, CA

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4186029.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4185973.gif.gif

Jumpman

Thanks, at that price I might just pick up Shinobi. What was the verdict on Breakdown? I played the OXM demo, and it seemed like it might be worth $14.99.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Thanks Wario,

Do you know if the MMAC was on sale anywhere else this week (6/20-6/26) or next (6/27-7/3)? Especially, Best Buy...

breakdown is infact NOT worth $14.99. i can only speak for myself, but i thought the game was terrible. its one thing to try to be innovative, and to a degree the game IS innovative, but there are so many little frustrating gameplay problems and inconsistencies. here is a short list of why i disliked the game (keep in mind i admittedly only played for about 5-8 hours total):

- everything you do is "realistic". this sounds cool, but infact is not. need health? no, you can't just walk over a health bar and be restored. you have to aim your view towards it, push X to show the grabbing is possible, push X again to reach out for it, then push X again to eat the bar. blah

- the enemy AI is cheap. it's not smart, it's just cheap. you can acquire new moves and stuff (as in metroid, keep in mind if you play this that the shockwave move will be your best friend against the t'jalra or whatever they are called) but overall the combat sucks balls as does the enemy AI.

- the story is decent, but not good enough that i felt compelled to finish it.

overall some people may like this, it is an acquired taste and you aren't out THAT much money if you get it for $14.99. if you are really interested give it a shot, but i'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 people wouldn't like this game. maybe you are that one guy

Jumpman

FrenchMovieTheme said:
breakdown is infact NOT worth $14.99. i can only speak for myself, but i thought the game was terrible. its one thing to try to be innovative, and to a degree the game IS innovative, but there are so many little frustrating gameplay problems and inconsistencies. here is a short list of why i disliked the game (keep in mind i admittedly only played for about 5-8 hours total):

- everything you do is "realistic". this sounds cool, but infact is not. need health? no, you can't just walk over a health bar and be restored. you have to aim your view towards it, push X to show the grabbing is possible, push X again to reach out for it, then push X again to eat the bar. blah

- the enemy AI is cheap. it's not smart, it's just cheap. you can acquire new moves and stuff (as in metroid, keep in mind if you play this that the shockwave move will be your best friend against the t'jalra or whatever they are called) but overall the combat sucks balls as does the enemy AI.

- the story is decent, but not good enough that i felt compelled to finish it.

overall some people may like this, it is an acquired taste and you aren't out THAT much money if you get it for $14.99. if you are really interested give it a shot, but i'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 people wouldn't like this game. maybe you are that one guy

Thanks for the info. If this game didn't at least turn out very good, then I'd best ignore it. My backlog is already 40+ deep.

is this deal good for so. cal?

I think so. I live in the Los Angeles area, and the Fry's deals that Wario64 posts seem to always be active for me when I try to take advantage of them.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
JJConrad said:
Thanks Wario,

Do you know if the MMAC was on sale anywhere else this week (6/20-6/26) or next (6/27-7/3)? Especially, Best Buy...

Target has it on sale for $26.88 starting tomorrow

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
SoCal Fry's deals:

$22.99 - Mario Golf GBA
$14.99 - Pokemon Video GBA
$27.99 - Rainbow Six 3 PS2
$37.99 - Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow PS2
$34.99 - Driv3r PS2/XBOX
$39.99 - Chronicles of Riddick Xbox
$13.99 - Breakdown Xbox
$19.99 - PS2 Network Adaptor Bare Bones
$24.99 - 1019 Block Gamecube Memory Card

No Megaman deals advertised... for now.

Jumpman

I just picked up Mario Golf for the GBA and noticed a couple of other unadvertised deals.

Megaman Collection for both GC and PS2 is $26.88

Shenmue II is $14.99

Panzer Dragoon Orta is $19.99

This is at the Fry's in the City of Industry (So Cal). They seem to have new versions of alot of older games for under $20 there.

Top Bottom