• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Pulls Out of GDC Over Coronavirus Concerns

Psykodad

Banned
^^^Gotta point there...

Sony is absent and seems like not even a State of Play is planned here to tide us over. No consolation prizes from Sony. It's like they are saying, well we were gonna do this, had it all planned out...but up, coronavirus...so instread...we do nothing...NOTHING WE HAD PLANNED CAN BE REPURPOSED FOR A DIGITAL EVENT.

C'mon guys, this deserve at least a little outrage at this point. This is bullshit.
Funny enough, when I said Sony's silence is getting annoying, I was told to shut up. I think by you too.

Some of you really talk in whatever direction the wind blows.

Last edited:

Dlacy13g

Microsoft certainly knows its audience well. They will lap up any tweet or interview like it's an industry gamechanger. You can't say their pr message doesn't work, if you go by how much the faithful hangs on every word. The constant need of assurance from some is offputting to say the least.
And.... Sony faithful losing their shit over a logo wasn't offputting? By your measure Sony apparently understands they can feed their faithful fuck all and they will eat it up and say thank you.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Funny enough, when I said Sony's silence is getting annoying, I was told to shut up. I think by you too.

You think wrong. I would never tell you to shuttup. Telling people to shuttup is a feeble attempt at cutting off debate. I come only to debate.

Get your fuckin story straight before you accuse me off anything like that

Last edited:

HolyTruth

Banned

Yeah. Any explanation why Sony isn’t just doing a digital event like Microsoft? Shit they could even use YouTube streaming or so. Wouldn’t cost anything?!

i mean the content for GDC is still there, just move it from onsite to digital/online. Should be easy, no?

Psykodad

Banned
You think wrong. I would never tell you to shuttup. Telling people to shuttup is a feeble attempt at cutting off debate. I come only to debate.

Get your fuckin story straight before you accuse me off anything like that
I wasn't sure if you said that, so no need to get worked up over it.

Kumomeme

this year probably most bleak year for tech enthusiast with lot of even being canceled from mobile phone all to videogames..even sports being affected...J-league and K-league got delayed, there rumors oympic might be affected ...MWC got cancelled, lot of company pull out from pax west and gdc... im not suprise if E3 also affected...heck, im not suprise even if this years dota international and other esport event also get affected

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I wasn't sure if you said that, so no need to get worked up over it.
Here's the thing. You're partially correct. My opinion does differ based on the information presented to me. The problem with what you're saying is that you are accusing people of this as if it's a bad thing. People who can't adjust their opinion based on new information are the most rigid and biased.

It's because I'm largely unbiased that my opinion is malleable. I don't defend Microsoft or Sony for everything they do. It just so happens that Microsoft right now is giving their customers what they want and Sony is largely silent and its getting frustrating at this point to me. If it were the other way around I would be saying the same thing just switching the names.

That's just the reality at this moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom