• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Research announces VASA-1, which takes an image and turns it into a video

Spyxos

A new AI research paper from Microsoft promises a future where you can upload a photo, a sample of your voice and create a live, animated talking head of your own face. VASA-1 takes in a single portrait photo and an audio file and converts it into a hyper realistic talking face video complete with lip sync, realistic facial features and head movement. The model is currently only a research preview and not available for anyone outside of the Microsoft Research team to try, but the demo videos look impressive.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
In all seriousness once these are all in the hands of nefarious governments/criminal entities how in the sweet fuck are we meant to believe anything we see or hear on the TV/Internet? What is actually being done to prevent a case where everything can simply be labelled as AI to suit whatever political or ideological agenda

Diddy X

In all seriousness once these are all in the hands of nefarious governments/criminal entities how in the sweet fuck are we meant to believe anything we see or hear on the TV/Internet? What is actually being done to prevent a case where everything can simply be labelled as AI to suit whatever political or ideological agenda

We already can't trust text on twitter or anywhere to be actually written by humans, when this develops it's gonna be the same, I don't see how they can stop it.

Tumle

I feel bad for the kids that are going to get cyberbullied with this. Imagine someone taking your photo and making a video of you saying something embarrassing like, "God of War 2018 was better than Red Dead Redemption 2."
Hey there,

I respect your preference for “Red Dead Redemption 2” (RDR2), as it’s undoubtedly a fantastic game with its detailed open world and intricate storytelling. However, I still feel “God of War 2018” (GoW2018) edges it out in several areas that might appeal more to some players.

GoW2018 delivers a tightly crafted narrative that’s both personal and epic. The dynamic between Kratos and Atreus adds a layer of emotional depth that is compelling throughout the game. This father-son relationship not only drives the story but also influences the gameplay mechanics, allowing for unique combat strategies and interactions.

The game’s combat system is another area where GoW2018 shines. It’s visceral and satisfying, with the Leviathan Axe feeling incredibly impactful. Each swing and hit carries weight, blending perfectly with the magical elements to make fights exhilarating.

While RDR2 offers a more expansive environment and deeper realism, GoW2018 focuses on a streamlined experience without sacrificing depth or complexity. The mythological elements and the way the story unfolds in GoW2018 are tightly interwoven, making every aspect of the game meaningful.

It’s really about what aspects of gaming are most impactful to you. GoW2018’s focused narrative, emotional depth, and polished gameplay offer a different but equally valuable experience compared to the broad, intricate world of RDR2. I’d love to hear more about what aspects of RDR2 stand out to you, though, and why they resonate more compared to GoW2018!

Edit:
Sorry someone hacked my account and wrote this!!

PLEASE DON’T BULLY ME!!!

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
We already can't trust text on twitter or anywhere to be actually written by humans, when this develops it's gonna be the same, I don't see how they can stop it.
I don't use social media, I view it to be a cesspit of humanity and not in the slightest a reflection of actual society so avoid like the plague, but this shit has the potential to enter the mainstream and be everywhere which is worryingly

oh no.

people should be showcasing new tech that can identify manipulated/ai created fake media not advertising how to create the fakes with no universal safety nets.

Zero Days is on point. no one is implementing treaties ahead of time to prevent global (or local) misuse of this shit (et al). everyone wants to be the first to use it and hammer their foe into oblivion forcing them to limp into a treaty.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
1RGypfs.jpeg

478,000 videos of Assface giving tips on inclement weather coming soon

Last edited:
It would be funny if the Harry Potter Max Series ended up using this tech for the moving pictures on the Wizard Newpapers and Wizard Books

Last edited:

Porcile

Is it genuine? Seeing lots of AI stuff and products which are clearly faked. There was a robot one recently which was obviously just CG with a pre-recorded voiceover and people still believed it was a real thing/product. It's just too easy these days.

Top Bottom