• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotoGP 15 |OT| 4 Wheels Move the Body, 2 Wheels Move the Soul!

Jamesways

18937688029_c49a4baab5_o.jpg

First ever OT I've done, and since it's the last effort by Milestone (license lost... again), and probably the last MotoGP game we'll get for years, why not? Hopefully they go out with a bang. This is for the 3 fans on GAF.

GAME INFO AND FEATURES-

Official Riders
The complete official roster of the 2014 and 2015 MotoGP™ World Championship awaits you! The game features all the riders and teams of the MotoGP™, Moto2™, and Moto3™ categories and the MotoGP™ 2 Strokes Champions featuring the most iconic riders from the two-strokes era.

Personal Team, Customisation and GP Credits
For the first time ever, in Career mode, you can create your own personal team: choose the team name and logo that best represents your own personal style and customise your team livery and colours!
At the end of each race in the career mode, you will receive GP Credits on the basis of the results you get on the track and the achieved objectives. As your reputation grows, you’ll attract the attention of ever more distinguished sponsors.
Use your GP Credits to purchase new bike models and liveries.

Brand new Career Mode
Use your custom team to race, manage contracts directly with sponsors to gain more GP Credits and fans and try to become the champion. Sponsors offer contracts and money to the rider’s custom team if he satisfies clauses and objectives. An improved artificial intelligence guarantees an ever greater and more realistic challenge.

Beat the Time
In this new game mode players must beat a time record on a track using a specific bike. There is a challenge for each official track.

Real Events 2014
Relive the best moments of the latest MotoGP™ season. Get in the shoes of the real champions of MotoGP™ class and change the reality or relive the most spectacular moments of the World Championship. Each event is introduced by official MotoGP™ movies of that particular moment, giving the player full game controls without breaking the experience flow.

Core Game Modes of the original MotoGP™
Instant Actions
Grand Prix
World Championship
Time Attack
MotoGP™ 2 Strokes Events

Online Mode – up to 12 players
Online Grand Prix
Online Championship
MotoGP™ Sprint Season
Split Time

19118455072_c290345016_o.jpg

Circuits/Track List-
Losail International Circuit
Circuit of the Americas
Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo
Circuito de Jerez
Le Mans Bugatti
Mugello Circuit
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
TT Circuit Assen
Sachsenring
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Masaryk Circuit, Brno
Silverstone Circuit
Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
Motorland Aragón
Twin Ring Motegi
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
Sepang International Circuit
Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Valencia

And they'll probably bring back Lagua Seca and Donnington through DLC as in 14.

Preorder Content/Day One DLC-
Pre-order MotoGP™15 and get for free the 4 strokes bikes that have made the history of MotoGP ™ and 18 Special Events for a nostalgic adrenaline experience.

Loris Capirossi 65 Italian Ducati Team – 2004 Ducati Desmosedici
Troy Bayliss 12 Australian Ducati Team – 2004 Ducati Desmosedici
Neil Hodgson 50 British D’Antin MotoGP – 2004 Ducati Desmosedici
Valentino Rossi 46 Italian Yamaha Team – 2005 Yamaha M1
Colin Edwards 5 Usa Yamaha Team – 2005 Yamaha M1
Kenny Roberts 10 Usa Team Suzuki MotoGP – 2004 Suzuki GSV-R
John Hopkins 21 Usa Team Suzuki MotoGP – 2004 Suzuki GSV-R
Sete Gibernau 15 Spanish Movistar Honda MotoGp – 2005 Honda RCV 211v
Marco Melandri 33 Italian Movistar Honda MotoGp – 2005 Honda RCV 211v
Max Biaggi 3 Italian Team Honda – 2004 Honda RCV 211v
Nicky Hayden 69 Usa Repsol Honda Team – 2006 Honda RCV 211v
Makoto Tamada 6 Japanese JIR Konica Minolta Honda – 2005 Honda RCV 211v
Alex Barros 4 Brazilian Team Honda – 2005 Honda RCV 211v
Shinya Nakano 56 Japanese Kawasaki Racing Team – 2005 Kawasaki – ZX-RR
Alex Hofmann 66 German Kawasaki Racing Team – 2005 Kawasaki – ZX-RR
Casey Stoner 27 Australian Honda LCR – 2006 Honda RCV 211v
Ruben Xaus 11 Spanish Yamaha – 2005 Yamaha M1
Toni Elías 24 Spanish Yamaha – 2005 Yamaha M1
Jeremy McWilliams 99 British Aprilia Racing – 2004 Aprilia RS Cube
Shane Byrne 67 British Aprilia Racing – 2004 Aprilia RS Cube

For those who won’t pre-order the game, the DLC will become available Day1 for 12,99€.

Release Into-
18936681888_bc0503f780_o.jpg

Available on June 24th on PS4, Xbox One, Windows PC, Steam, PS3, and Xbox 360*

*in some areas. Boxed versions will be out Friday, the 24th in some areas in EU.
NA region? Yeah, forget about this for 6 months or more. Amazon has a tentative date of Dec 31st. But fear not, Milestone will announce the NA release date soon! Which will most likely get pushed back as per usual.

Links-
Facebook
Official Page
YouTube Page

Media-
Launch Trailer
Pre-Order Trailer

Screens-
18505058563_acb5df64dc_o.jpg

18939561259_2c8685c1fc_o.jpg

18503258874_8fab9dc7f5_b.jpg

Will add more pics soon

Q&A-
Will this game have bugs?
-Why YES, it will! In fact, it already does.
“With the latest tests, we noticed that the Xbox One version could be affected with some known bugs. For this reason we’re working really hard to bring a patch close to the Day1 release in order to fix all the possible issues and make the best experience for our players”

When will they patch this?
-Ehh, probably after they finish patching RIDE...

Is that really the game cover they went with? The rider morphing into a track?
-Yeah, it is. Doesn't make any sense, looks like some horror movie leather skin stitching or something.

Tapejara

Waiting for the NA release.

Also, didn't know Milestone lost the licence. Hopefully this doesn't affect the online component of MotoGP 15/previous MotoGP titles.

oo7

Man, that MotoGP demo disc on xbox live back in the day. I may pick this up. Been a while since I played a MotoGP.

Jamesways

Waiting for the NA release.

Also, didn't know Milestone lost the licence. Hopefully this doesn't affect the online component of MotoGP 15/previous MotoGP titles.

Last gen I had a 360, I would import them off ebay from the UK, IF they were region free. Some were, some weren't.

This time I started with a PS4, I imported MotoGP14 and got Ride digitally though a EU PSN account. I'll D/L this tomorrow after work.

I don't think them losing the license will affect the online too much, there will still be servers for a while I'm sure. But time will, not that many players playing 14 when it finally released in the US.

As buggy as their games are, I admit I'm a big fan. Especially of their MotoGP efforts. I know they have issues, and the graphics aren't quite "next gen" yet, but I love the actual racing and feel of the physics.

Helmet cam, no HUD, awesome immersion.

Watching a few streams tonight, looks like they did actually improve the graphics from 14. There's quite a bit recycled, but some good new stuff too. Before pCARS hit, MotoGP 14 was my favorite and most played racer this gen. Sorry Driveclub, but love the sim and real world tracks. Really excited to try 15 in the next few days. New career sounds really fun.

I'm happy to see some new skyboxes in 15. They reused the basic few in 14 on every track, looks like some new clouds finally. Love new skyscapes in games, hoping they used some from Ride. Ooooh, dream big, right?

I'll post some impressions and screens the next few days.

thenameDS

Arrived today for me, very surprised there was no day one patch on PS4. It's been ages since I last played a MotoGP game, so far I'm enjoying it currently on my 4th race in career.

Graphics are not great but the physics and feel of the game is pretty awesome.

Azzawon

I didn't realise this was out in the UK today, but wanted to watch a stream or two to get some impressions because I thought the RIDE demo was utter tosh. Went on Twitch, and not one stream for the game - surely not dead on arrival?

Has there been any information regarding who will pick up the licence next, if anyone? Can't say I'm disappointed that Milestone have lost it, it was only a matter of time after they lost the WRC one too (for good reason)

thenameDS

Yea seems pretty dead, hard to find many reviews even. I'm probably going to finish the career when I win all the GP's then have a go at some other game modes and put the game down.

Hopefully a good developer picks up the licence. The graphics and menu are so dated, needs a next gen lick of paint.

Jamesways

Danowat, I know the One has performance issues, and Milestone made a fb post and update to the official site that they are working on a day 1 patch for some known bugs. But other than that, I haven't seen a lot of reports of the differences. I know Ride and 14 had some issues on Xbox that weren't in the ps4.

License wise, I don't know if any developer has been named yet for either the MotoGP or SBK license.

Ok, after spending some time with this the past few days, and doing several back to back races in 14 for comparison, I'm actually really impressed with the improvements.
Almost every aspect of 14 has been improved, graphics, helmet cam position on the bikes, the physics have been tweaked for the better, loading screens are faster, and it just seems much more polished in general.

In fact, playing this after Ride is rather shocking quality wise. Granted it's still not as next gen looking as other games, but it's a nice step up from 14. Trackside details are much improved, no more painted concrete with sparse patches for grass. The crowd still stand on top of their seats (well I suppose they're called "Stands" not "Sits", right). The reflections off the windshields look much better than the blurry pixels in Ride. The bike handlebars and fairings look better too. The did a nice job with a new coat of graphical paint on this IMO.

Regarding the physics, it seems harder than 14. You can actually feel the backend slide out now, and you have to be more careful with throttle control in coordinating gear changes. Easy to wobble and high side from just punching it going to second or third, at least with the Pro Physics settings. Braking distances have been adjusted too. I think it feels great overall though. Really impressed.

If you download the game within the first week or so you get the 4 stroke DLC for free, and that's a great addition. Some of my favorite bikes/riders from 2004 to 2006, reminds of the first Climax 360 version, 06. There's a huge selection of riders in this, I didn't realize they included the 2014 Moto2 and 3 as well.

So far, just loving it. There are some funny bugs I've found already though, one that turns the main menu shades of purple, and another where your bike disappears completely if restarting a race multiple times, or loading in the wrong model. Another one is the windshield of one of the starting KTMs in Moto3 is completely dark, like frosted glass, blocking the track and just showing shadows of riders. Odd. Also, when grabbing pics in the free camera mode, your rider sometimes stays completely tucked in turns, no elbow, body, or knee down. 14 had some issues like this, they wouldn't be tucked very often, and would have the feet down like just starting out. Also noticed some hand animations are opposite for gear shifts on bikes. You know, it's a Milestone game after all. But minor stuff really.

I haven't messed with the Private Team career stuff, the liveries seem limited and you only get one lonely sponsor at a time to put on your bike, which seems like a strange choice. I'll probably stick with the real teams anyway.

One thing I wish they kept from 14, the helmet view changed the lighting of the game, giving each stage a crisper look, and making the cloudy and rain choices much darker. I'm not sure if it was intentional like a polarized visor, or if it was just a bug. The cloudy and rain stages are lighter in 15 because of not having this, but at least they did change up the skyboxes to not just using the same 2 or 3 for weather type regardless of stage.

I played the bejesus out of 14, and this'll easily replace that.
Besides the inclusion of Laguna Seca, I don't see any real reason to hold on to 14. I did like some of the 2013 bikes, but the 14 and 15 choices are more than enough in this.

Glad I bought this through a UK account, I imagine it won't make it to US shores until after Jan next year.

I'll post some screens soon, the bike and rider models are fantastic, and the IQ is really clean. They use a type motion blur to hide the imperfections of grass and crowds this year.

TJP

Nice OT Jamesways.

I'm trying to get some feedback on the PC version as the Race Department MotoGP '15 forums aren't flooded with posts. My gut feeling is to get the console version be it PS4 or Xbox One as Milestone have pretty much given up on the PC market, given their lack of post-release support for every other title released in the last 3 years.

So it's been confirmed Milestone lost the MotoGP licnece? SBK games are now mobile phone applications and I fear MotoGP will either return to being an arcade racer or a mobile only game.

Jamesways

Hey TJP!
Did you get any more info on the PC version? Not much buzz or talk about this at all online really. No reviews from major outlets, and just the usual chat on xbla.

Hope you do get a chance to try this though, it's the best MotoGP in years IMO. I'm actually enjoying riding the new Moto2 and 3 bike models, usually I just rush through some to get to the MotoGP class and grind to unlock all the riders.

Really fun game, can't stop playing it (when I get time that is). And that's saying quite a bit, pCARS is just sitting there and I was loving that career.

Top Bottom