• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ratchet and Clank 3 Screens

olimario

Banned
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Nice. One of my most anticipated games. Seriously, R&C2 is one of my favorite games this gen...Always something to do, never boring and fun for everyone. It reviewed great and probably sold well and I still think it deserves more attention. I wish there was less talk about how lame Jak is and more about how great R&C have been.

Ranger X

Ratchet And Clank 2 is so great and so well done that i have a bad feeling for the third. I feel that this serie reached it's top and cannot evolve much. The multi is welcome though.
But i hope it won't suffer too much of the "more of the same" syndrome.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Wyzdom said:
Ratchet And Clank 2 is so great and so well done that i have a bad feeling for the third. I feel that this serie reached it's top and cannot evolve much. The multi is welcome though.
But i hope it won't suffer too much of the "more of the same" syndrome.

I'm really hoping the multi is fun and worthy of the series. It is hard to imagine how the game could be a huge leap from the second.

What is in your avatar?

Ranger X

This picture is one of the most controversial picture ever. It is supposedly and alien. Nobody have ever proved this photo a fake and the story of the guy who took the picture actually is believable. Very interesting. Well, to me at least! ;)

belgurdo

Banned
I wonder what that meter in the right of the second screen is. Enemy health?

And I hope they put in multiple characters and more "large-scale free roam" worlds this time.

belgurdo

Banned
puck1337 said:
I've never played a R&C game - are the visuals usually this sharp, or are the screens somehow doped?

I think they're that sharp...not really sure though since my TV's kinda old

Ranger X

Actually i don't know how they take those pictures. The game must be running or be displayed in high res from a computer or something.
Anyhow the game does look that good (it's not really better than the second Ratchet by the way) but just imagine the contour of things a bit more jagged.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
belgurdo said:
I wonder what that meter in the right of the second screen is. Enemy health?

And I hope they put in multiple characters and more "large-scale free roam" worlds this time.

Looks like he's either A) Using the sheep gun or B) Attacking a turret or something in siege mode.

Rlan

I hope the story is better than 2's, that one was damn dodgy. Characters whom you don't really know, or talk to. Like the Mathematician, you see them all once, never recurring, why bother in the first place?

The girl was pretty lame, if she's from Ratchets Species, a species living on a pretty sunny area, why does she live in an iceland covered in evil Polar Bears? And the robot girl, I mean, she popped in about twice, but never said anything or added to the story.

The 'twist' ending didn't live up to it's full potential,
With Quark getting basically NO Punishment by law, and his costume was lame. Sticking Fizzwidget in a broom closet? Come on!.

And the last boss was crap in comparison to the one before it. Heck, the second time through you can kill the last boss in less than 5 seconds, assuming you've got the right weaponry.

It really felt like half a game, IMO. It ended upruptly, just bleh.

GAMEWISE the game was great though, but hopefully the story is 100 times better.

Top Bottom