• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa: “Game development will become even longer, more complex, and more sophisticated”

In case my sarcasm detector has failed... It's one of Furukawa's responses from the Q&A with the investors (A1)- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2024/240508e.pdf
the quote:
“He also stated that he believes that further lengthening, complexity, and sophistication of game development is inevitable in the future, and that M&A is one possible means to address this, but added, "First of all, we would like to develop human resources who understand Nintendo’s brand well within the company and who will be responsible for Nintendo’s future development, along with developers who have built our brand over the years. However, the company’s basic policy is to “first of all, understand the Nintendo brand well within the company, and develop human resources who will be responsible for the future development of Nintendo, together with developers who have built the brand over the years.”

he's basically saying the exact same thing, almost word for word, twice? that's all I was pointing out...

IAmRei

I'd say it depends on the type of physics and the tools being used. The physics system's from TotK already reuses a lot of BotW and most of what they added were very specific properties to let players interact with them more proemintenly.

I doubt they spend too much time developing the new systems themselves, and instead spend a lot of it tweaking and playtesting the dugeons, map, quests, etc; to make sure everything on the game had a good flow and couldn't be broken or easily abused by the player.
Yes, testing as well. I forgot to write it. I was so sleepy last night. Thanks for clarifying

DavidGzz

For the rest of the industry, this transition happened 20 years ago, Nintendo finally caught up. Next are layoffs.

Fredrik

They should acquire MercurySteam, who made Metroid Dread, before someone else does it. Outside of the new Zeldas it’s their best game in 30 years.

Top Bottom