• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir coming to North America

LiK

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/624646491823587328

Confirmed: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is coming west to PS4, PS3, and PS Vita! Enhanced visuals, updated combat, & more.

IRVINE, Calif. - July 23, 2015 - Vanillaware, the team behind the hit side-scrolling title Dragon's Crown is working on a new authentic HD project with ATLUS to recreate and perfect Odin Sphere - the 2D action RPG with Norse Mythology roots. Told in five tales from the perspectives of five unique protagonists, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir expresses the original game with glorious HD graphics in Vanillaware's renowned style, expanded worlds with new monsters, fully voiced story scenes, and a fine-tuned refreshing combat and RPG system to perfect the gameplay. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir will be available as a physical and digital release for the PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita in 2016 in North America.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Via PS Twitter:

Confirmed: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is coming west to PS4, PS3, and PS Vita! Enhanced visuals, updated combat, & more.
For those wondering what the new content is:

>New Enemies
>New maps
>Alchemy system will be redone
>You don't have to replay stages
>You can teleport between areas
>Fighting system has been readjusted and looks more like Muramasa style fighting *can put some CUHRAYZEE combos*

>OST will include rearrangements but also new songs from the FFT composer
>Faster response when crunching and moving
>new animations when using items
and more
No word on release window yet. Japan is getting it on Jan. 14, 2016

Edit: PR info via Takao:

Change the Fate of the World When the End of Days Draws Near in Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

The Perfected HD Project from ATLUS and Vanillaware Remakes the 2007 Original

IRVINE, Calif. - July 23, 2015 - Vanillaware, the team behind the hit side-scrolling title Dragon's Crown is working on a new authentic HD project with ATLUS to recreate and perfect Odin Sphere - the 2D action RPG with Norse Mythology roots. Told in five tales from the perspectives of five unique protagonists, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir expresses the original game with glorious HD graphics in Vanillaware's renowned style, expanded worlds with new monsters, fully voiced story scenes, and a fine-tuned refreshing combat and RPG system to perfect the gameplay. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir will be available as a physical and digital release for the PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita in 2016 in North America.

More details about the game will be available later. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Edit: Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1-79TS8dJU

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Digital or retail?
Seems to be retail in Japan considering there's a pre-order art book, similar to Dragon's Crown. No idea in the US. All we know is "yup, it's coming to the US", though it's nice the PS3 version is coming over as well.

Takao

Banned
PR:
Change the Fate of the World When the End of Days Draws Near in Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

The Perfected HD Project from ATLUS and Vanillaware Remakes the 2007 Original

More details about the game will be available later. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Z3M0G

>New Enemies
>New maps
>Alchemy system will be redone
>You don't have to replay stages
>You can teleport between areas
>Fighting system has been readjusted and looks more like Muramasa style fighting *can put some CUHRAYZEE combos*

>OST will include rearrangements but also new songs from the FFT composer
>Faster response when crunching and moving
>new animations when using items
and more

Ok NOW I'm interested... will likely buy on Vita.

Cannot wait to get started with this game again. Out of all the Vanillaware titles it ranks #1 with GrimGrimoire and Grand Knights History coming slightly behind in 2nd and 3rd.

Will probably double-dip and import as well as buy a localized copy.

Seda

Atlus USA Press Release

Also:

"(Please note the spelling - the "d" in the logo is actually a thorn þ, and to spare people from entering difficult Nordic characters into their CMS, we've Romanized it to "Leifthrasir.") "

and

"We don't have any details on an EU release yet, unfortunately"

Wonko_C

I'm betting this new version has done away with the weird wrap-around circular levels in favor of a more Muramasa-like approach.

Physical on Vita? You're doing the good work, AtlusUSA. Can't wait.

Although I do hope NISA pick up a European release in case there's any DLC. Can always import if there's not, I guess.

ys45

The fighting being like Muramasa pretty much sold it to me .
I gave up on this game because I did not like the control so I'm pretty excited to get this now .

Will probably get the PS4 and Vita version .

pastrami

Vanillaware's games are dreadfully repetitive (Odin Sphere, Muramasa, Dragon's Crown), but I find them oddly enjoyable. Will probably pick this up to see what they've changed.

Top Bottom