• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Finish those damn games" thread REDUX

Pachinko

Back at the old GAF I made a thread in about february of this year asking folks to make a list of games they owned WHICH THEY INTENDED TO FINISH , and get them finished in a time limit they set themselves. Preferably not buying any new games until these goals were completed.

Back when I made my own list I believe it had the following titles-
Mario and Luigi for GBA
FFX2 for PS2
Viewtiful Joe for gamecube
Metroid prime for gamecube
Pikmin for Gamecube
Zelda for GBA

I believe I wanted to purchase a few games as well. Since that original thread was made I have bought a few games and rented a couple others ... :(. I purchased Ninja gaiden and I actually did finish it off, great game. I rented Twin snakes for gamecube and beat it in that rental. Unfortunatly none of the games on my little list up there have been completed yet. FFX2 , haven't played since christmas, mario and luigi I"m in the final dungeon but I need to gain a couple levels I think but I don't really feel like it. Zelda I'm still at the same spot , I've decided I dont' care if I ever beat metroid prime and pikmin .. well it still hasn't been touched.

Recently , despite stil having a small backlog I purchased KOTOR for xbox , which I am slowly playing through and Rallisport 2 for xbox, which I am nearly 50% finished with. I friend bought me Farcry and I'm about halfway through it as well.

Is anyone else getting progress on their own personal shameful backlogs ?

neptunes

sure why not.

here's what I'll finish.

Zelda: OoT
Viewtiful Joe: The last boss in particular
Xenogears : start it and finish it
Metroid Prime : finish the remaining 96%
Half Life

Korranator

I been working on my backlog for awhile now, and been finishing and clearing out a lot of games I been meaning to play. However, I still want to make second runs through Disgaea, and Gladius, and been building an assassin for Diablo 2.

Now all I have left to do is catch up on my GC games and a couple of PC games. Just started Metriod Prime yesterday.

Backlog:

Disciples 2
Scared
Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Zelda WW
Veiwtiful Joe (only played 25% so far)
La Pucelle

Space Channel 5 Special Edition
Primal
Xenosaga Episode I
Silhouette Mirage
Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Heart of Darkness
Vagrant Story
Rez

and that's just stuff I own. there's plenty of other games I don't have that I'd like to play.

I have several lists I keep on my palm pilot

To Finish

Ring of Red (low priority)
Advance Wars 2
Megaman Zero 2
Viewtiful Joe
Onimusha
Breath of Fire 5
Contra Shattered Soldier
Sam & Max Hit the Road (had to take a break of 6 years until I found ScummVM)
SaGa Frontier 2
Age of Wonders
Disgaia
Shadows of Destiny
Record of Lodoss War

To Replay for better ending

Final Fantasy X-2
Valkyrie Profile

Ranger X

It's not as fast as i would but i'm doing progress.

Since 2004 i've beaten:
Beyond Good And Evil, Jak2, Maximo AOZ, Wario Land 4, Conker, Zelda Season, Castlevania, Metroid Fusion and Resident Evil GC.

My backlog is still impressive though: (games with an * i have a game going on or play often)

NES: Kid Niki, Rad Racer 2*, Castlevania 3

SNES: Ninja Gaiden Trilogy*, Hagane

N64: Paper Mario, Zelda Majora's Mask

PS1: FF Origin, FF Chronicles, Kartia*, Quake 2, Ghost In The Shell, Lunar Eternal Blue

PS2: Metal Gear Solid 2*, Dark Cloud 2*, Primal, MegaMan Anniversaty Collection*

GBA: Metroid Zero Mission*, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

AniHawk

Wild ARMs 2
Wild ARMs 3
Alundra
Breath of Fire
Illusion of Gaia
Soul Blazer
Final Fantasy IV

Can't just get into RPGs as I was once able to. Hopefully ToS changes all that.

Ramirez

Xbox:
Beyond Good & Evil (I need to find like 8 crystals so I can head up to the moon or whatever)
Metal Arms (on mission 13 I think,just bought it though)
Jet Set Radio Future

NGC:
Viewtiful Joe
Pikmin
Rebel Strike

PS2:
Primal
Final Fantasy X
Dark Cloud 2
Castlevania

Not bad,it was worse,but since Summer started I've knocked out about 5 games :p But I have Spiderman,ToS, & NCAA Football on the way so I need to get on the ball,lol.

I have yet to...

S-Rank Contra: Shattered Soldier

and complete the following...

-Fire Emblem
-Mario & Luigi, slowly working my way through the koopa kids
-Pikmin

Solid

Contra: Shattered Soldier (I can't beat this game)
Manhunt
Primal
Ratchet & Clank 2: Locked and Loaded
Unlimited SaGa
Metroid Prime
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0

Splinter Cell (the first one, on PS2)
Suikoden III (just started chapter 4. Replaying it with a 108 stars save from Suikoden I and II)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection (Finished MM3 so far)
Star Wars:KoToR (Bought it for 20 bucks on the PC. On Manaan. Finishing Krashyyk and Tatoinne)
Fire Emblem (working on 100% support convosations, and Eliwood/Hector Hard campaigns)
Zelda 1: I am on dungeon 5 or 6.
Shining Force (forgot where I am)
Viewtiful Joe (I suck and can't beat Another Joe)
Disgaea (forgot where I am....despite my love for strat-rpgs, I just cant get too into this game)
Advance Wars 2 (trying to get S-Ranks on all War Rooms...)
Silent Hill 3 (ughh. first Silent Hill game, and I am not enjoying it too much.)
Metroid Zero Mission (stuck on Mother Brain in 15% game)
FFT-A (trying to get 100% missions.)

I think thats everything...I was going to buy Front Mission 4, but decided I should just wait since I have too many other games to finish first.

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
Games I plan on finishing eventually:

F-Zero GX
Metal Arms
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
R-type Delta
R-type Final
Einhander
Castlevania: SOTN

Not exactly the same case for these games...

Shenmue 2
JSRF
Kingdom Hearts

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I've got far too many games on the run simultaneously right now - need to work on finishing them off.

La Pucelle Tactics - got crushed a couple of times by one of the late-game (I assume) bosses, currently levelling to try and turn things arround.

FFX-II - Put in another game just to try it out for a few minutes, and unfortunately it was Disgaea. :)

Fire Emblem (GBA) - Got slightly displaced by Shining Force. Need to go back and finish this one off.

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits - Again, stuck in another game just to try it for a few minutes and never got round to going back.

Ramirez

On the topic of Mario & Luigi,am I the only one who thought the game got to big of a difficulty spike once you hit the Koopa Kids?Everything was easy as shit up to there,but once you hit them they can kill both of you in one turn,I don't like that at all.I'm currently stuck on the Kid that has the countdown bomb with him,I'm not enjoying it...

jiggle

Wild Arms 3
Legend of Legaia
Houshin Engi 2
Popolocrois 3

I always finish my rpgs, even the wretched LOD and BtB, but somehow stopped playing WA3 and Legaia near the end. I've forgotten everythign about them now that it may be better if I simply restart. Trying to complete Houshin Engi 2 right now, and loving it. Popolocrois I'll wait until I get a new HD and the HDloader.

jedimike

My list is not real difficult to finish... just need to find some more time to play.

Riddick - This game is really great and not too long. I think I'm about half-way through.
got caught trying to escape and was sent to the mines

Beyond Good and Evil - haven't played it in so long, hopefully the "plot" comes back to me.

Unreal II - good FPS, I'm probably 75% done or more.

Red Dead Revolver - another short game, I just haven't had time to complete.

RSC2 - I'm nearly done... probably about 15 blocks left on the final difficulty (forgot the name).

stonedwal

Backlog has gone from over 50 to a mere 16 in the last few months, thanks to a lack of decent releases, but most of what I have left I've either not started, is really long, or has been left about 3/4 finished.

PSX: Final Fantasy IX
Xbox: Otogi, Ninja Gaiden
GC: RE0, RE3, RECVX, Pac-man World 2, F-Zero GX
DC: Headhunter
N64: Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Majora's Mask
GBA: Advance Wars, Link to the Past, Mario & Luigi, Pokemon Sapphire

Don't know if I have it in me to finish F-Zero GX, and FFIX is pretty goddamn dull, but the rest are mostly do-able.

Prospero

Funny: I was just thinking about the old backlog thread.

Since the last time his has come up, I've beaten Gladius, Disgaea, and Burnout 2. (Though I'm still fiddling around with Disgaea, now and again.)

Current backlog (what I can remember):

Beyond Good and Evil
Bloodrayne
Metal Arms
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Splinter Cell
Tiger Woods 2004
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
FFIV
FFV
FFVI