• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of the bikers involved in the SUV driver attack was an off duty undercover cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
The article indicates he was off-duty so he wasn't infiltrating the gang as part of an undercover operation. He was just one of them...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/04/us/bikers-attack-video/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

New York (CNN) -- A New York police officer saw much of a confrontation between fellow motorcyclists and a Range Rover driver -- which ended with five injured, including the SUV driver -- but didn't step in, a law enforcement source said.

The police officer, who works undercover, was off-duty and riding with the motorcycle club he belongs to when the incident occurred Sunday. But he didn't tell his superiors about what happened until Wednesday, the source said.

It's not clear why the officer waited so long to report what he saw. The officer, who has hired a lawyer, is being investigated by the New York Police Department's internal affairs unit. But he may not have been legally obligated to immediately intervene, according to the same source.

Asked about this officer, Deputy Police Commissioner John McCarthy declined comment, saying only, "The investigation is ongoing."

Makes sense that a member of America's largest gang would fit right in with a bunch of biker thugs. Color me not surprised.

antonz

He should lose his job just for having participared in the illegal activies being perpetrated by the gang.

way more

It wasn't a "gang." Biker gangs don't harass motorists because they have other shit to do like sell drugs and teen whores.

They were just a collection of assholes on bikes in town for a stunt bike show. Calling them a "gang" makes the attack sound more calculated and like you are at risk of such an attack from bikers on the road. Those people were just hot heads, being dicks, and inciting aggression.

As a Police officer he is expeced to not take part in illegal activities though especially ones that lead to massive public outcry

So its my understanding that a bunch of motorcycle enthusiasts were out a for a cruise until some moron in an SUV plowed over one of them and then shit got cray? What exactly did the officer do that is wrong?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It wasn't a "gang." Biker gangs don't harass motorists because they have other shit to do like sell drugs and teen whores.

They were just a collection of assholes on bikes in town for a stunt bike show. Calling them a "gang" makes the attack sound more calculated and like you are at risk of such an attack from bikers on the road. Those people were just hot heads, being dicks, and inciting aggression.

blammo, if this was an actual biker gang, the news story and that dude that was assualted would acutally know.... this was like a clique or a grouping at best.

a flock of bikers.

a Shrewdness, Shoal, Battery, Bellowing, Coalition, Band, Paddling, Fesnying, or a Sault.

Zen

Banned
So its my understanding that a bunch of motorcycle enthusiasts were out a for a cruise until some moron in an SUV plowed over one of them and then shit got cray? What exactly did the officer do that is wrong?

That's... one way of looking at it.

uhhh if he's off duty he isn't obligated to do shit

Um, no, even if you are off-duty you still require to report any illegal activity. I am pretty sure riding the bikes at highspeed, impeding traffic, and most of all pull someone out of the car to beat the crap out of them is still consider illegal in NY.

Report also said there are several police that belong in this biker "club". No wonder they have such carefree attitude and think they are above the laws. I have a fucking biker today riding my bumper through the school zone and flip me off because I stop to make sure a small kid wasn't trying to cross at the crosswalk. He also motion for me to go blow my brain out because I was going near speed limit in school zone and didn't choose to run the stop sign like he did. Asshole rider like this are why people hate motorcycle riders.

Dilly

Banned

The only thing this description misses are flowers and rainbows to make the image even more positive.

It's like Mr. Burns' testimonial of running over Bart with his car, amusing.

antonz

and the other one is???

There was to be an illegal rally which in the past has had more than a thousand of these sports bikers show up. Police got wind of the event and ended up blockading areas so the groups could not meet up.

This group on the day in question after being deprived of their meetup headed down the freeway to do their stunts etc. Most of them removed their license plates etc due to the fact they were doing illegal activities.

This group was blocking on ramps etc so they could have complete control of the freeway but somehow the Range Rover managed to get on the freeway and was ruining their good time.

There was to be an illegal rally which in the past has had more than a thousand of these sports bikers show up. Police got wind of the event and ended up blockading areas so the groups could not meet up.

This group on the day in question after being deprived of their meetup headed down the freeway to do their stunts etc. Most of them removed their license plates etc due to the fact they were doing illegal activities.

This group was blocking on ramps etc so they could have complete control of the freeway but somehow the Range Rover managed to get on the freeway and was ruining their good time.

ah ok. dude still ran over that guy somethign fierce tho

Carcetti

and the other one is???

A bunch of dickhead motorists were driving illegally, without drivers licenses, blocking the roads, taken off their license plates so cops wouldn't catch them, driving on the sidewalks, when one of them 'brake checked' a car driver after which a bunch of biker gangers tried to beat up a father who was protecting his family. The only thing gone wrong in this story that the SUV driver wasn't driving a bigger car.

hum didn't that happen after he ran the guy over tho?

No, it happen after they cut him off (on purpose to brake check him) so they can have the road to themselves to race. The SUV bump into the guy that break check him, SUV pull over, the rest of the thugs surround the SUV and smashing the car and slash the tire. The driver fear for his life and his family safety sped off and ran over one of the thugs that surround the SUV.

JDSN

Banned
Makes sense, the other institution he belongs to also perpetuates negligence by looking the other direction.

jadedm17

Must be lonely, being the asshole who is paralyzed and most people are calling you out for being an ass.

Most, but the official Facebook page says other idiots are sending them money.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Jay-Meezee/411664345601619
Thank you for the financial support. It has helped us as a family and we have been able to be there with him in a time of terror. I say this because it seems like a nightmare I can't wake up from. To see him like this is devastating but because we are a family of faith and we know the Grace of God, we are expecting miracles through this ordeal. We will see Miracles and you will all witness them with us as God shows us his mercy and unconditional love. God Bless those who are with us but even more so, for those who stand against us. Much Love and Peace to You All
Why is it so hard for people to just admit their family member fucked up and move on from there? She keeps acting like he's just an innocent bystander. Also, why do all crazy people need to reference God? If God was there he'd certainly have been on the other side.

Most, but the official Facebook page says other idiots are sending them money.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Jay-Meezee/411664345601619Why is it so hard for people to just admit their family member fucked up and move on from there? She keeps acting like he's just an innocent bystander. Also, why do all crazy people need to reference God? If God was there he'd certainly have been on the other side.

Oh man those facebook comments. Brutal brutal brutal

jediyoshi

For the betterment of my faith in humanity, I will believe this is simply a troll post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom